Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Vicks Vapor Rub - keep lots of it in your survival medicine supplies  (Read 2941 times)

noproblemo2

VICKS VapoRub - INTERESTING
During a lecture on Essential Oils, they told us how the foot soles can absorb oils. Their example: Put garlic on your feet and within 20 minutes you can 'taste' it.
Some of us have used Vicks VapoRub for years for everything from chapped lips to sore toes and many body parts in between. But I've never heard of this. And don't laugh, it works 100% of the time, although the scientists who discovered it aren't sure why. To stop night time coughing in a child (or adult as we found out personally), put Vicks VapoRub generously on the soles of your feet, cover with socks, and the heavy, deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and stay stopped for many, many hours of relief. Works 100% of the time and is more effective in children than even very strong prescription cough medicines. In addition it is extremely soothing and comforting and they will sleep soundly
Just happened to tune in A.M. Radio and picked up this guy talking about why cough medicines in kids often do more harm than good, due to the chemicals in them This method of using Vicks VapoRub on the soles of the feet was found to be more effective than prescribed medicines for children at bed time. In addition it seems to have a soothing and calming effect on sick children who then went on to sleep soundly.
My wife tried it on herself when she had a very deep constant and persistent cough a few weeks ago and it worked 100%! She said that it felt like a warm blanket had enveloped her, coughing stopped in a few minutes.So she went from; every few seconds uncontrollable coughing, she slept cough-free for hours every night she used it.
If you have grandchildren, pass this on. If you end up sick, try it yourself and you will be amazed at how it works.
DON'T SHUN THIS ONE.. TRY IT THE NEXT TIME YOU GET A BAD COLD. THE ONLY THING YOU CAN LOSE IS YOUR COUGH..

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Vicks VapoRub
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 01:02:05 PM »
Interesting! I am going to copy this one.
The neat thing about Vicks is it is cheap and it does seemt to be soothing on anyone I have
used it on...
Thank You,
Yowbarb

noproblemo2

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 01:08:55 PM »
Will be good to have in our Survival supplies also

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 05:38:59 PM »
Re Vicks on soles:

Good idea!  In fact, I already put some on two points of each sole every day.

One point is behind the middle toe, in the crease between the humps.  That is called "The Wellsprings of Life" in the book Energy Medicine by Donna Eden.  A Reflexology map of feet shows that as in the lungs area (I think).  http://solework.wordpress.com/2007/04/11/reflexology-2/

The other point is in the middle of the pad of the big toe, which is where the Pituitary gland has its' nerve ending.  The Pituitary secretes growth hormone (HGH).

augonit

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 03:31:32 PM »
I've heard this works too.  What also helps me is at the absolute first sign of a sore throat, I drink hot tea.  (It doesn't have to have honey in it as many believe).  It works all the time!  Vicks is already on my survival list, tea too.  But also, just basic good old Petroleum Jelly.  It helps with very dry skin, chapped lips and even wounds.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Vicks Vapor Rub - keep lots of it in your survival medicine supplies
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 01:50:08 PM »
Years ago, former MOD noproblemo 2 had started a topic on the uses of Vicks's Vapo Rub. Included in that Topic, Global Moderator Jimfarmer posted a use for the Vick's Vapo Rub on the soles of the feet..
I thought it would be good to have a new Topic for various uses of Vicks incorporating the old posts. I'm going to merge two topics together.
Here is a You Tube video, with over 4 million views, over ten minutes long but if you want to fast forward to the uses it is at 3:40 video is posted by actor-director Juliana Harkavy -  The Walking Dead, Dolphin Tale 1&2,  Last Shift

Surprising Uses for Vicks Vapor Rub 10:59  4,983,650 views

video link: https://youtu.be/NM4mmIevdNc

Published on Jan 14, 2013
There are so many amazing ways to use this very common, inexpensive product!
Tweet me!            https://twitter.com/JulianaHarkavy
Instagram me!      https://www.instagram.com/julianaharkavy/
Facebook me!       https://www.facebook.com/Juliana-Harkavy-112412538825105/

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Vicks Vapor Rub - keep lots of it in your survival medicine supplies
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 01:22:28 AM »
Neurobiologists MacKinnon and Bean discovered that stimulating sensory nerves in the mouth, throat and stomach could affect the spinal cord and abruptly stop muscle cramps. What if sensory nerves in the soles of the feet respond to stimulation with Vicks VapoRub by calming a nighttime cough? Remember that the cough center is right next to the spinal cord. If the sensory nerves in the soles of the feet stimulate the spinal cord, they might be able to interrupt the cough cycle.

https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2016/10/10/can-science-explain-why-vicks-on-the-feet-calms-a-cough/

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 02:10:06 PM »
Barb, I agree that it is one of the most important prepping supplies, and it would have to be on my top 20 list as well. 

Because of the menthol content, swallowing it would not be good for the liver, but am aware that some folks use it around the pharynx while a sore throat is at its worst.  Perhaps that limited use of it on rare occasions would do little harm.  Interesting that it can be used on soles of the feet!  :)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2018, 08:25:38 PM »
Barb, I agree that it is one of the most important prepping supplies, and it would have to be on my top 20 list as well. 

Because of the menthol content, swallowing it would not be good for the liver, but am aware that some folks use it around the pharynx while a sore throat is at its worst.  Perhaps that limited use of it on rare occasions would do little harm.  Interesting that it can be used on soles of the feet!  :)

Thanks for the info...I have never used it internally like that... good to know.
I do put it on the outside of my nostrils and quite a lot of throat and chest...
I put it on the spots where I had skin cancer takien off (squamous not the worst kind) anyway it seems to keep the spots from coming back...

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY SMART AND DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME

This book needs to be on your survival checklist because it offers a simple path for visioning, leading, and supervising the creation of an effective survival communications strategy.

Learn more...