Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Camping and Shelter: Stoves/Fire starting kits/cooking items  (Read 4630 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Flying Tent
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2018, 01:46:23 AM »

The Flying Tent weighs 5 lbs, which is 5 x as heavy as the lightest tent, but that seems to be it's main drawback.
Unlike regular hammocks, it can be placed on the ground as a bivy, i.e. one doesn't always need trees.
It also dubbels as a (warm) poncho [which saves you the weight of a poncho and/or tarp].

When i was on the Canary Islands, i could hardly ever find a level piece of ground upon which to sleep comfortably. I once spent over an hour just getting a place level that was big enough to set up my tent on. Thankfully it was nice weather, but often that would just not be feasible.
This option weighs a lot but also offers a lot that other options don't; one of these being the ability to set it up very very quickly. That in itself might one day end up being a life saver, making this option worth mentioning and perhaps worth carrying around all the time.

Socrates, thanks for posting this. Looks like a good survival item.

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: hammocktents
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2018, 04:52:56 AM »
Crua
Maybe even a bit lighter?
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Camping and Shelter: Stoves/Fire starting kits/cooking items
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2018, 07:42:11 AM »
Looks extremely practical!

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY SMART AND DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME

This book needs to be on your survival checklist because it offers a simple path for visioning, leading, and supervising the creation of an effective survival communications strategy.

Learn more...