Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Camping and Shelter: Stoves/Fire starting kits/cooking items  (Read 6396 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Flying Tent
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2018, 01:46:23 AM »

The Flying Tent weighs 5 lbs, which is 5 x as heavy as the lightest tent, but that seems to be it's main drawback.
Unlike regular hammocks, it can be placed on the ground as a bivy, i.e. one doesn't always need trees.
It also dubbels as a (warm) poncho [which saves you the weight of a poncho and/or tarp].

When i was on the Canary Islands, i could hardly ever find a level piece of ground upon which to sleep comfortably. I once spent over an hour just getting a place level that was big enough to set up my tent on. Thankfully it was nice weather, but often that would just not be feasible.
This option weighs a lot but also offers a lot that other options don't; one of these being the ability to set it up very very quickly. That in itself might one day end up being a life saver, making this option worth mentioning and perhaps worth carrying around all the time.

Socrates, thanks for posting this. Looks like a good survival item.

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: hammocktents
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2018, 04:52:56 AM »
Crua
Maybe even a bit lighter?
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Camping and Shelter: Stoves/Fire starting kits/cooking items
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2018, 07:42:11 AM »
Looks extremely practical!

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW