Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Anyone from the Illinois/Indiana/Wisconsin area out there?  (Read 5549 times)

Steve_T

Anyone from the Illinois/Indiana/Wisconsin area out there?
« on: January 17, 2011, 08:57:25 AM »
I'm looking for folks in my neck of the woods. Maybe we can partner up or something. At least maybe we can possibly share ideas.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 06:58:11 PM by Steve_T »

Carlg

Re: Anyone from the Illinois/Indiana/Wisconsin area out there?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 02:27:16 PM »
SE Wisconsin here.
On Ill border in the over pupulated area.
Itls cold and getting clolder.

Steve_T

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 07:44:23 PM »
What's up Carl.

Yes it is! I just got in. It got to be below zero here now.

The Heretic

• Trusted Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 08:44:45 PM »
Just talked with a grandson in Owatonna Minn.
15 below with wind.

Steve_T

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 05:18:38 AM »
It's -20 right now out here. That wind cuts right through you. Gonna be a cold week in the upper midwest.

noproblemo2

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 05:26:22 AM »
Brrrrrrrrrr, Please don't forget your outside pets, they get cold too.

Highwayman359

• Members
  • Trusted Member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 07:10:55 AM »
Hi Steve;
Northern Illinois is where I call home between Rockford and Chicago so close to the WI line I could throw a rock and it would land in the land of cheese!
Maby we can hook up. Let me know if you are close.

Colin (osok)

Steve_T

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 12:09:04 PM »
Hey Colin. I have a buddy just east of Rockford I go up and see pretty often. He's got a farm I hunt on some times and we shoot there. Maybe you Carl and me and my buddy can share a camp fire (or something indoors) together some time soon. I think it's a great idea to have a few of us working together to have something in-line should we need it. The biggest problem I'm having is getting people to work together saving, planning and following through. I've had 2 good friends just stop talking about this and /or just not take it seriously enough. So far what I've been doing is talking to folks about starting with water, food and defense/security (not anyone currently. Just had my last buddy tell me he thinks I'm putting "too much thought into this"). I've gone one step further and started setting aside building materials to reinforce doors, windows, etc, along with a few things to make some nasty boobytraps for anyone wanting to come into my house for whatever reason. Anyways, I figure that if someone is seriously working on saving water and food, then they'll be serious about defending their stores and of course themselves, and so we can justifyably move to the next step, which is consolidation and serious defense.

What kind of living arrangements do you guys have? Anyone live on a farm or otherwise larger piece of land? What are your surroundings like? My best hope for help had a 300-acre farm with 5 or 6 big out-buildings with a well and a huge state park nearby.

We can keep alot to the PM's also. I know I'm not going to blast all my ideas and resources all over a public board just in case there's a lurker or 2 out there that live close to me.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 12:16:24 PM by Steve_T »

Montanabarb

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 12:53:22 PM »
Just talked with a grandson in Owatonna Minn.
15 below with wind.

So sorry to admit: We got a little tired of that frigid weather, so we sent it on your way.   ;D We (in Montana) don't want to be selfish. Share and share alike, my mom used to say.

asoldierstory

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 05:21:02 PM »
the temps here in north cental minnesota got down to -35 the other night. thank God there was no wind! I dont see how the barn cats made it.

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 06:36:33 PM »
Thanks Barb. We'll remember this, when it gets hot.  ed

Highwayman359

• Members
  • Trusted Member
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 08:57:41 PM »
Hay Steve T;
Name the time and place where we can meet. I travel alot but most weekends I am home. I have met several fine like minded folks on this site. It is somewhat comforting to know there is people to network with at the onset of problems.

All the best;
Colin (osok)

Steve_T

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 07:51:16 PM »
Will do Colin.

I just talked to the one guy I thought was going to buddy up with me when the SHTF and he hasn't spent one dime on food or filled one jug full of water yet. It looks like I'll be staying put in my house here when it all goes south. I'd still like to meet up with you and anyone else interested in doing so, just to exchange ideas if nothing else.

Alfred Williams

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2011, 08:04:16 PM »
 I hope everyone on the boards are secure. My prayers go to all{{:>)
It is not what you know.
It is what you do with what you know!!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 08:21:25 AM »
Will do Colin.

I just talked to the one guy I thought was going to buddy up with me when the SHTF and he hasn't spent one dime on food or filled one jug full of water yet. It looks like I'll be staying put in my house here when it all goes south. I'd still like to meet up with you and anyone else interested in doing so, just to exchange ideas if nothing else.

Well, maybe he will shape up... good luck with all the preps,
Yowbarb

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW