Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Native American survivor stories, tales, future?  (Read 107459 times)

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Native American survivor stories, tales, future?
« Reply #300 on: October 19, 2017, 07:09:44 PM »
Great resources Barb!  I'll pass them on to my cousins, too!

Also, I has missed the post of your portrait - you look like a certain movie star, but I can't decide which one...maybe Natalie Wood? :)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #301 on: October 21, 2017, 09:18:54 AM »

Also, I has missed the post of your portrait - you look like a certain movie star, but I can't decide which one...maybe Natalie Wood? :)

Thanks! I never looked as good as her. :)
Natalie wood, I found out many years after her death came from a family of Russian-Jewish roots.
Possible her real surname was not Wood...
I do not know yet if I have Jewish roots, I think so...

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #302 on: October 21, 2017, 05:43:10 PM »

Or, how about Ava Gardner?

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #303 on: November 18, 2017, 07:35:49 AM »

Or, how about Ava Gardner?

Gosh thanks! Never looked as good as her, either. :)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #304 on: November 18, 2017, 07:39:06 AM »
I'm sure many of you heard about the long protracted battle over the keystone pipeline on ancient ancestral land (which was taken away violating a treaty but long considered part "not Indian land." Also the pipeline IS next to officially Indian land...
Well here is an update on the Keystone Pipeline. BTW all the rhetoric about how this pipeline will provide jobs. Lies. Only 35-36 permanent jobs. screen shot at bottom is the Mayflower oil spill from 2013

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/16/us/keystone-pipeline-leak/index.html

Keystone Pipeline leaks 210,000 gallons of oil in South Dakota
By Mayra Cuevas and Steve Almasy, CNN
Updated 2:06 PM ET, Fri November 17, 2017

https://www.prwatch.org/news/2014/02/12401/keystone-pipelies-exposed-sticky-oil-leaks-billion-dollar-spills-and-human-health
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 07:57:37 AM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #305 on: November 18, 2017, 08:03:43 AM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/indigenous/keystone-pipeline-spill-sisseton-wahpeton-oyate-1.4406515

Native American tribe bracing for Keystone pipeline leak impact
South Dakota authorities concerned over delay in notification from TransCanada
By Jorge Barrera, CBC News Posted: Nov 16, 2017 9:14 PM ET Last Updated: Nov 16, 2017 9:14 PM ET

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #308 on: January 10, 2018, 07:32:05 PM »
http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a56903/native-americans-keystone-pipeline/

People Shouldn't Buy the Right to Steal Your Land
Native Americans have seen this monster before.

Aug 9, 2017 - In Nebraska, the alliance between Native Americans and ranchers, particularly over issues of eminent domain, not only was shot through with remarkable historical je ... What Is the Keystone Pipeline Fight Really About? ... Prayer meeting among the tribes united against the Keystone XL pipeline pic.twitter.com/pkf2dviYSw.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #310 on: January 23, 2019, 12:58:10 PM »
Update:

https://www.indianz.com/News/2019/01/09/native-sun-news-today-communities-prepar.asp

Native Sun News Today: Communities prepare for impacts of Keystone XL Pipeline

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 
Gearing up for the incoming man-camps
By A. Gay Kingman
For Native Sun News Today
nativesunnews.today

BELLE FOURCHE – County commission agenda items across nine West River counties have one topic in common; safety and security concerns surrounding the building of the Keystone XL pipeline.
In the next six months, two cities will be built with populations larger than most of the existing towns west of the Missouri River. Two similar cities will be built in 2020.
The temporary towns will be in place for up to two years, include several dozen buildings and each be inhabited by up to 1,400 workers in what is commonly referred to as "man camps."
Plans for the project are moving quickly as builder and owner TransCanada Corp., rushes to start construction of the $8 billion pipeline next spring. Trucks hauling gravel to strengthen country roads are already commonplace and some land is being cleared on the pipeline path.
The pipeline route through South Dakota will run northwest to southeast from Harding County through Butte, Perkins, Meade, Pennington, Haakon, Jones, Lyman and Tripp counties before moving into Nebraska.

Supporters of the pipeline say it is the most economical, safest way to move oil and will help reduce American reliance on oil from less-stable Middle Eastern nations.
Opponents argue that the pipeline is prone to leaking, is being built through Native American historical sites and natural landscapes that should be protected, and is subsidizing a foreign country’s (Canada) oil production with crude to be sold to China and other countries – not the U.S.
Protests over the Dakota Access Pipeline in North Dakota in 2016-17 cost local and state governments more than $38 million. In South Dakota, local counties would be expected to pay significant costs before state disaster aid would become available.

A. Gay Kingman wrote this article for Native Sun News Today. She serves as the executive director of the Great Plains Tribal Chairmen's Association Inc. and can be reached at kingmanwapato@rushmore.com.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #311 on: January 23, 2019, 06:27:03 PM »
Update:

https://www.indianz.com/News/2019/01/09/native-sun-news-today-communities-prepar.asp

By A. Gay Kingman
For Native Sun News Today.....

Supporters of the pipeline say it is the most economical, safest way to move oil and will help reduce American reliance on oil from less-stable Middle Eastern nations.
Opponents argue that the pipeline is prone to leaking, is being built through Native American historical sites and natural landscapes that should be protected, and is subsidizing a foreign country’s (Canada) oil production with crude to be sold to China and other countries – not the U.S.

A. Gay Kingman wrote this article for Native Sun News Today. She serves as the executive director of the Great Plains Tribal Chairmen's Association Inc. and can be reached at kingmanwapato@rushmore.com.
The supporters use that false claim about how all that oil flowing through the Keystone pipeline will be for Americans.  The pipeline is nothing more than a big fat TRESPASS, hauling foreign oil to a port, presumably Port Arthur, Texas, for export to the highest bidder.

Americans probably won't see one drop of it (except when the pipe ruptures and spills a million gallons or so across the American landscape), and it will no doubt poison the Mississippi River and other bodies of water.  And equally important, as already mentioned, it will deface and destroy Native American lands, waters, and historical areas.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #312 on: June 02, 2019, 12:04:12 AM »
U.S. Supreme Court got it right in Crow Tribe hunting case

American history is rife with examples of states and the federal government failing to honor treaties with Native American tribes. The courts have often been party to such egregious injustice.
But not last week. On May 20, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in favor of a Crow tribal member from Montana in his case against Wyoming. The dispute turned on an 1868 treaty that gave the Crow Tribe the right to hunt off their reservation on unoccupied lands.
In 2014, tribal game warden Clayvin Herrera led his family on an Elk hunt. They started their expedition in Montana, where there was no question of their hunting rights. Things got messy though when they pursued their quarry across state lines and killed three elk in the Bighorn National Forest in Wyoming.
Wyoming saw this as an act of poaching and fined Herrera $8,000, placed him on probation for one year and banned him from hunting in the state for three years.
Herrera appealed his conviction but lost in state court and the Wyoming Supreme Court. His lawyers had argued that under the 1868 Fort Laramie Treaty, the Crow Tribe was granted “the right to hunt on the unoccupied lands of the United States so long as game may be found thereon, and as long as peace subsists among the whites and Indians on the borders of the hunting districts.”

indianz.com
@indianz
 For Clayvin Herrera and other members of the Apsáalooke Nation, the Supreme Court’s tribal treaty decision vindicates a right they believe essential. #HonorTheTreaties http://www.indianz.com/News/2019/05/21/scotusblog-supreme-court-sides-with-crow.asp

8:48 PM - May 28, 2019

SCOTUSblog: Supreme Court sides with Crow hunter in treaty rights case
For Clayvin Herrera and other members of the Apsáalooke Nation, the Supreme Court’s decision vindicates a right they believe essential.

indianz.com
See indianz.com's other Tweets
But the state of Wyoming maintained that “as long as” doesn’t mean forever, and that the treaty was voided upon Wyoming’s statehood in 1890. And if the court wouldn’t buy that argument, state attorneys had another in their back pocket: The lands became “occupied” when the federal government turned them into a national forest.
“Wyoming statehood was not just a legal event, it was a recognition the once wild frontier was no more,” according to the state’s brief. “And the Crow Tribe understood that its hunting rights had ended.”
The nation’s highest court, however, didn’t swallow that spurious logic. In a 5-4 decision, the four liberal justices – Sonia Sotomayor, Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Stephen Breyer and Elena Kagan – were joined by conservative Neil Gorsuch.
Gorsuch may lean right, but he is also a Westerner who is certainly familiar with the historical record of tribes’ rights being usurped by lower courts. That circumstance likely influenced his decision to uphold tribal rights even though it meant breaking with the ideological right-wing stance of the current high court.
Herrera v. Wyoming, 17-532, was far from simple. The court had to sort out historic rulings on tribal hunting and fishing rights that have gone both for and against Native Americans.

indianz.com
@indianz
 In two years on the nation's highest court, Justice Neil Gorsuch has emerged as a reliable ally for tribal interests despite being picked by a president whose policies and actions have been disastrous for Indian Country. #HonorTheTreaties http://www.indianz.com/News/2019/05/23/supreme-court-winds-down-surprising-term.asp

10:30 PM - May 23, 2019

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #313 on: June 02, 2019, 12:04:27 AM »
Supreme Court winds down surprising term with two wins for tribal treaties

Thursday, May 23, 2019 
By Acee Agoyo
During his two years on the nation's highest court, Justice Neil Gorsuch has emerged as a reliable ally for tribal interests despite being picked by a president whose policies and actions have been disastrous for Indian Country.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #314 on: June 02, 2019, 12:05:13 AM »
Update:

By A. Gay Kingman
For Native Sun News Today.....

The supporters use that false claim about how all that oil flowing through the Keystone pipeline will be for Americans.  The pipeline is nothing more than a big fat TRESPASS, hauling foreign oil to a port, presumably Port Arthur, Texas, for export to the highest bidder.

Americans probably won't see one drop of it (except when the pipe ruptures and spills a million gallons or so across the American landscape), and it will no doubt poison the Mississippi River and other bodies of water.  And equally important, as already mentioned, it will deface and destroy Native American lands, waters, and historical areas.

ilinda, yes you are absolutely right about this...

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW