Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Cats  (Read 2792 times)

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Cats
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2019, 11:33:04 AM »
Ilinda, there's more than one way to administer Rescue Remedy, with transdermally via the thin permeable ear tissue of animals being perhaps the simplest, least messy and invasive way of doing it. 

Regarding inhalation, yes, the open bottle can even be offered to an animal in pain for a lengthy sniff.

How are your goats doing, after your long home-ICU episode?

phil4468

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2019, 10:18:34 AM »
I have had cats for over 50 years.  I have tried to teach them to walk on a leash.  I do quite well with this.  I have found that fixed male cats walk on the leash the best.  I had a cat named Regal who I had to put down when he was 20 years old.  He walked better than some dogs.  He would walk a mile or so with me.  What a great cat.  I have his ashes on my mantel.  He was a shelter cat.  I never let my cats outside.  They only go out on a leash.  I don't want them to kill birds and I don't want to have to scrap one off the road after being hit by a car.

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2019, 10:56:57 AM »
Phil, I'm so sorry that you lost your pet of 20 years, but how amazing that he would walk on a leash with you without getting all tangled up and refusing to budge until he won the leash battle!

What a beautiful cat in the photos - is he part Maine Coone or Norwegian Forest Cat?

We have 3 cats now, all rescues too.  We really only planned to have 2, but late this past summer a tiny kitten showed up in our hen yard.  She was severely underweight, and perhaps something had happened to her mother.  She also is mute.  She made it clear from the beginning that she had adopted us as her family, and would follow me wherever I went in the garden.

So as soon as temps began to dip down below 60oF, we decided to bring her indoors, and have never regretted it, as she is so sweet!

Will give the leash idea a try and report back... :)

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2019, 02:23:06 PM »
I have had cats for over 50 years.  I have tried to teach them to walk on a leash.  I do quite well with this.  I have found that fixed male cats walk on the leash the best.  I had a cat named Regal who I had to put down when he was 20 years old.  He walked better than some dogs.  He would walk a mile or so with me.  What a great cat.  I have his ashes on my mantel.  He was a shelter cat.  I never let my cats outside.  They only go out on a leash.  I don't want them to kill birds and I don't want to have to scrap one off the road after being hit by a car.
It is always refreshing to hear from a cat owner who is totally against their killing birds or anything else for that matter.  And that is really nifty that you've developed a method of teaching them the leash. 

When we lived in the city our cats rarely went outside, except by sneaking out.  Now, our only cat, Hudson, only goes out if we force him out, EXCEPT when, in warm weather, he sees me starting out with the goats on our daily walk.  He then wants to come out and he walks through the woods on long walks with us and he thinks he is part of the goat herd.  It is a lovely sight, goats munching away, old goatherder standiing watch, and very short, somewhat rotund cat hovering, and always keeping up with us. 

That is touching that you have Regal's ashes on the mantel.

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2019, 03:40:08 PM »
he thinks he is part of the goat herd

Our cats are like that with the hens and ducks, too.

This tiny little kitten that we found thinks that she's a sheep dog, and enjoys herding much larger poultry into one corner of the henyard.  I've never seen another cat do that before.  The funny thing is that the poultry obey her  :)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2019, 10:32:14 PM »
Phil4468, thanks for sharing these precious memories and pics here. Each pet is unique and special and unforgettable...
I enjoyed seeing your big cat on a leash. Yes, what a great cat he was...

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW