Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Beekeeping in the Tribulation and Aftertimes  (Read 30751 times)

R.R. Book

• Members
  • Prolific Member
Re: Beekeeping in the Tribulation and Aftertimes
« Reply #135 on: May 06, 2020, 06:02:28 AM »
Thank you so much Ilinda!  As soon as I woke up this a.m. I ran to the window and looked out, and the swarm remained in place all night long on that branch.  Am sitting "on pins and needles" awaiting their decision  ;)

R.R. Book

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #136 on: May 06, 2020, 06:47:58 AM »
P.S.  I ran down to my Amish herbal instructor's farm early this a.m. and got a half ounce of Aura Cacia's lemongrass essential oil.  I laced the prospective new hive with about half the bottle, right under the overhead bees' noses.  Keeping fingers crossed...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 09:31:36 AM by R.R. Book »

R.R. Book

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #137 on: May 10, 2020, 01:09:42 PM »
Follow-up:

Temps plunged back down to freezing and have struggled to get back up to "spring normal" for this location ever since this swarm decided to camp out on the tree limb.  We have been exceedingly puzzled by this particular group, as they have declined a cozy bait hive at a 25' distance from the center of our apiary (the other two hived colonies), and remained on the limb in close proximity to their old home, assuming that these are indeed our bees exiting and not feral bees swarming in-bound, which would be really strange.

I checked inside our long hives, and found the colonies to be healthy from a hands-off vantage point during this sensitive brood-rearing period, but out of care not to do harm, will not begin diving deep into the brood chambers until closer to June.  Many other keepers of non-Russian bees would not hesitate to disassemble frames at this point out of concern to re-queen their colony.

Saying a prayer that weather will permit a selected princess to have her mating flight, if needed, without further delay, so that eggs can continue to be layed and the colony brought forward.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 01:24:05 PM by R.R. Book »

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW