Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Midwestern US Meetings  (Read 17205 times)

gkbucks

• Trusted Member
Re: Midwestern US Meetings
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 02:10:20 PM »
Hi:
I live in a very dangerous area in Ohio.  It is called Karst.  It is unsafe in earthquakes etc.  Here is an excerpt and a link to this area in northern Ohio: "Karst is a landform that develops on or in limestone, dolomite, or gypsum by dissolution and this is characterized by the presence of characteristic features such as sinkholes, underground (or internal) drainage through solution-enlarged fractures (joints), and caves.  While karst landforms and features are commonly striking in appearance and host to some of Ohio's rarest fauna, they also can be a significant geologic hazard.  Sudden collapse of an underground cavern or opening of a sinkhole can cause surface subsidence that can severely damage or destroy any overlying structure such as a BUILDING, bridge or highway".  Here is the link:  http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/10/pdf/karstmap.pdf

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 07:22:42 PM »
My wife and I went thru a small cave out there, I think on State Rte 20. Yes, that area is full of underground tunnels and such from water effecting limestone. Big limestone quarry out there also,isn't there?   ed

JKB

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • There is no spoon.
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 10:28:04 PM »
Just reading about roads to travel.    If on foot or horseback, you can follow the old trails

I think taking railroad tracks as your "highway" may be a pretty good idea.  They can get you over streams, rivers and usually are close to woods so you could duck in there if need be.

Now there's an idea I hadn't thought of.  Good one.  Thanks.
You have to let it all go Neo.  Fear, doubt, and disbelief...  Free your mind.

augonit

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 07:04:01 AM »
You're welcomed.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2011, 07:48:00 PM »
Hi:
I live in a very dangerous area in Ohio.  It is called Karst.  It is unsafe in earthquakes etc.  Here is an excerpt and a link to this area in northern Ohio: "Karst is a landform that develops on or in limestone, dolomite, or gypsum by dissolution and this is characterized by the presence of characteristic features such as sinkholes, underground (or internal) drainage through solution-enlarged fractures (joints), and caves.  While karst landforms and features are commonly striking in appearance and host to some of Ohio's rarest fauna, they also can be a significant geologic hazard.  Sudden collapse of an underground cavern or opening of a sinkhole can cause surface subsidence that can severely damage or destroy any overlying structure such as a BUILDING, bridge or highway".  Here is the link:  http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/10/pdf/karstmap.pdf

gkbucks:
This is a concidence - I put up a couple posts about karst this AM:
Re: Safe Locations

« Reply #34 on: Today at 06:35:21 AM »

I figure many of you know all about this. Sort of new to me.
Potentially dangerous Karst area - looks like the western half of Ohio.

- Yowbarb
http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=21.15

Yowbarb 
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 02:10:20 PM

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/10/pdf/karstmap.pdf   pdf image of Karst in Ohio

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2011, 07:54:00 AM »
I'd like to see more Members posting and setting up meetings... private messaging also should help.
In addition to posting here, you can also post here:

To Members of every region:
Here is another place to find groups, too, Yowbarb

Guests and Members > Member Notices

Looking for groups to join
Started by Diannah

LINK  http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=2320.0

Ekratz

• Members
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2011, 04:14:22 AM »
Hi,
I have land in the Ozarks and a bunker.  Am lookng for people to form community here as well. You can contact me at rkratz@cfl.rr.com

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2011, 12:11:28 PM »
Hi:

I think you are right - the karst is dangerous. I think I posted a topic on it in MW. Will see what is there.
Thanks for your contribution on this... A lot of people might not think about it..
All The Best,
Yowbarb

olarky

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2011, 07:44:08 PM »
To those that are looking at Huckleberry as a bug out position . Bentonville is very close . Walmart is there , they have a deep underground facility at AR/MO line . They have been building an art museum with lots of earth moving and their own concrete plaint for several years here . Still no art museum . Black Hawks fly low and slow in formation from time to time . They do exercises with FEMA/Government . Point to be made is do not make yourselves appear as a threat to these people .  Good Luck

arteliese

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2011, 03:27:06 PM »
I'm from the western suburbs and plan on moving north to the Wisconsin-Illinois border. This location is over 1k ft. above sea level and seems to be out of predicted flooded areas on most maps i was able to find. The biggest issue for survival locations of course depends on the impact of these alignments and approaching objects, but before I know which way to go I'd prefer to have both options answered. I post here to see and/or find more people in the northern Illinois area for now, to have a few options open like staying and forming a safe zone for us northerners if the impacts are not as drastic as it potentially will be, or having rendezvous points with northerners so we can migrate together to a safe location. New here so not sure how people can contact me but email me or respond to this comment or post a thread on this topic and I will check as often as possible.

Thank You
God Bless

noproblemo2

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2011, 03:30:42 PM »
arteliese, Welcome to Town Hall.  ;)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2011, 11:29:31 PM »
I'm from the western suburbs and plan on moving north to the Wisconsin-Illinois border. This location is over 1k ft. above sea level and seems to be out of predicted flooded areas on most maps i was able to find. The biggest issue for survival locations of course depends on the impact of these alignments and approaching objects, but before I know which way to go I'd prefer to have both options answered. I post here to see and/or find more people in the northern Illinois area for now, to have a few options open like staying and forming a safe zone for us northerners if the impacts are not as drastic as it potentially will be, or having rendezvous points with northerners so we can migrate together to a safe location. New here so not sure how people can contact me but email me or respond to this comment or post a thread on this topic and I will check as often as possible.

Thank You
God Bless

Arteliese, welcome to the Town Hall.
We hope you will find a good location and a group of people to work with.
Here is another place to look for people,
Yowbarb

Guests and Members > Member Notices

Looking for groups to join
Started by Diannah

LINK  http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=2320.0

1969quartz0

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2011, 10:38:55 AM »
Welcome arteliese we are getting quite a few new members glad to have you here.

arteliese

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2011, 01:37:23 PM »
Thank you everyone, seems like this is the only place anywhere with an actual awareness of possible situations, but its good too see there's people out there. I guess my next question is maybe getting a date set to meet up with some "northerners" at a public place, maybe within the next couple weeks around July 6-7th, maybe before or after the "alignment" try and discuss possible actions and preparations depending on the escalation of events. Just an idea to get us northerners together in an open environment, but I thought around the 6-7th of July would be a good time for helping us determine accurate solutions to future events.

Keep in Touch
Zack

noproblemo2

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2011, 01:47:05 PM »
Thank you everyone, seems like this is the only place anywhere with an actual awareness of possible situations, but its good too see there's people out there. I guess my next question is maybe getting a date set to meet up with some "northerners" at a public place, maybe within the next couple weeks around July 6-7th, maybe before or after the "alignment" try and discuss possible actions and preparations depending on the escalation of events. Just an idea to get us northerners together in an open environment, but I thought around the 6-7th of July would be a good time for helping us determine accurate solutions to future events.

Keep in Touch
Zack
Zack, I hope you have much success in your meetings with folks there.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW