MadMax - GLOBAL SIGNS &TRENDS - INTERNET, ALL MEDIA > Post It All And Let Blog Sort It Out

Lack of Money

(1/24) > >>

bk:
lets go with 12/21/2012 as the date it will happen.

Right now the rich/elite/government are getting ready and not saying a word to us.

When will we know? When we can see it in the sky.

When will the be? Just a few months from now? I have seen posts here that say Sept/Oct of this year.

What will happen then? Total financial collapse and chaos.
All the food and gas will be gone in a day, no one would be working anymore, cash would be trash. We will have a year of this before 12/21/2012

What would you do if knew you only had months left?

2ND mortgage the house, borrow against the 401k, Sell your stocks, if we only have 5 months till the SHTF what does it mean if we owe $1000's of dollars because it won't matter anymore. Who is going to call to collect?

Try to get that loan for the land that you are looking at 15 year financing, buy that steel container on a lease to buy.

5 months or 20 months can we get what we need and pay the few hundred a month in payments till it happens? 

What can be the worst case?  Nothing happens and you have a place in the mountains, and land has always been a good investment.

VillageIdiot:

--- Quote from: bk on April 21, 2011, 07:15:02 PM ---...what does it mean if we owe $1000's of dollars because it won't matter anymore. Who is going to call to collect?...
--- End quote ---
I thought long and hard about this question during the past 2 years and the answer I consistently receive is Karma. What goes around comes around. I've learned this lesson too many times in this life. As a result, I'm working on becoming 100% debt-free. Whatever I buy, I own it without creating any bad karma. Although this works for me it may not work for everyone.

noproblemo2:

--- Quote from: VillageIdiot on April 22, 2011, 06:52:40 AM ---
--- Quote from: bk on April 21, 2011, 07:15:02 PM ---...what does it mean if we owe $1000's of dollars because it won't matter anymore. Who is going to call to collect?...
--- End quote ---
I thought long and hard about this question during the past 2 years and the answer I consistently receive is Karma. What goes around comes around. I've learned this lesson too many times in this life. As a result, I'm working on becoming 100% debt-free. Whatever I buy, I own it without creating any bad karma. Although this works for me it may not work for everyone.

--- End quote ---
I TOTALLY agree. Our first rule when we retired, no more credit card use, we do have one for emergencies, but have never used it. Cash and carry if at all possible is best for us.

bk:
I know what you mean.

Paid off the house 3 years again, use CC for emergency and pay off asap. Right now still working for health insurance wife is on the transplant list and no insurance cost would be over 200 grand.

The point I was trying to make is if you owed the bank money and everything happens like we are talking about the slate would be wiped clean so to speak.

I'm not encouraging any one to run up millions in dept, but like it said earlier you finance some land and you have a place to go. If nothing happens a few years from now you sell it.

noproblemo2:
bk, these are all hard choices that we each will need to make for our own situations, the thing that would concern me, is IF it doesn't happen, yet my gut say it will. I feel we all are facing some very tough decisions and soon. Please give my best to your wife, we have a neighbor who is also on a transplant list, kidney.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version