Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Home remedies, alternative treatments, etc  (Read 3339 times)

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Home remedies, alternative treatments, etc
« on: June 02, 2011, 08:28:22 AM »
First of all, can somebody put this topic up under the "Special topics" heading?  Thanks.

This came to me by e-mail today (June 2, 2011):

[start excerpt]
Life after antibiotics

BacteriaThe superbug of superbugs - NDM-1 - has been discovered in Canada.  Around 50 cases were treated in the UK last year after 'health tourists' caught it in India, and doctors fear it will soon spread worldwide.  NDM-1 signals the beginning of the end of antibiotics because it can turn every bug into a superbug, resistant to the drugs.  So how can we counter bugs in the future?  In a special WDDTY report, we look at a forgotten therapy developed in the old USSR during the 1920s - phage therapy.
[end excerpt]

This from http://www.phage-biotech.com/links.html :
[start excerpt]
A valid, proven, and practical alternative to the chemical-antibiotic treatment of bacterial infections has been successfully practiced in Eastern Europe from as early as the late 1930s.
Phage therapy is a method of antibacterial treatment that harnesses the bacteria-killing properties of otherwise harmless viruses. Phage therapy is practiced routinely in the former Soviet Union as an alternative, combinatory, and complimentary form of treatment in conjunction with, or in lieu of, antibiotics. This time-proven Eastern European practice has received surprisingly little exposure in the West, and, consequently, it has failed to win its due recognition in the West.
Standardized phage medicines in numerous forms are being produced in several locations in Russia and Georgia. These concentrated, polyvalent phage preparations are typically comprised of mixtures of different phages of wide host range that infect and kill many bacterial species and strains, including:

Brucellae,
    Enterococci,
    Pathogenic strains of Escherichia coli (e.g., O157:H7),
    Klebsiellae (atypical pneumonia),
    Mycobacterium tuberculosis,
    Protei (nosocomial urinary tract infections),
    Pseudomonas aeruginosa,
    Salmonellae (typhoid fever and food poisoning),
    Serratia spp,
    Shigella spp. (bacillary dysentery),
    Staphylococci (skin abscesses, food poisoning, toxic shock syndrome),
    Streptococci (strep throat),
    Vibrio cholerae (cholera), and
    Yersinia spp (plague/black death).

In large-scale clinical trials of various phage-therapy preparations and techniques conducted in Poland in the mid-1980s, a decisive recovery rate of ninety-two percent (92%) was achieved. (Slopek et al, 1983, 1985, 1987).
[end excerpt]

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Home remedies, alternative treatments, etc
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 07:53:48 PM »
Jim thanks for sharing this info.
I will leave your Topic here, because I can no longer move topics around. The only option for me is to move all the topics out of an entire board into another one...which I have done lately...but can't move a single topic by itself. That's one reason things are piling up...I cannot even move to archives.
Anyway it's good info to have here.
 :)
Yowbarb

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!