Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Medical Marijuana - Charlie Little's Topic  (Read 15730 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Medical Marijuana - Charlie Little's Topic
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2014, 01:31:36 PM »
Yowbarb Note: Article posted on Peachtree glass site. Here is the link followed by some images.
Scroll down on this page, interesting old images. I'm not advocating people go get so stoned their brains fall out...Showing how marijuana originally had a lot of medical uses, most likely. Probably a lot of info has been lost.

http://www.peachridgeglass.com/page/55/?cat=fucpprodxjti   
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 01:42:52 PM by Yowbarb »

steedy

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2014, 06:36:17 AM »
Marijuana does have a lot of medicinal uses.  I remember when I was a kid that it was nothing to hear about hemp ropes and other products made from hemp.  Then all of a sudden "hemp" became a dirty word and nobody wanted to have anything to do with it.  I never understood what the problem was, but figured it was the government trying to flex its muscles and act like they don't do anything wrong themselves.

Although I've never tried pot, I think it's good that some states have allowed it to be sold legally without a prescription.  The problem I see is that even if it's legal, people will most likely misuse it.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2014, 06:59:46 PM »
Marijuana does have a lot of medicinal uses.  I remember when I was a kid that it was nothing to hear about hemp ropes and other products made from hemp.  Then all of a sudden "hemp" became a dirty word and nobody wanted to have anything to do with it.  I never understood what the problem was, but figured it was the government trying to flex its muscles and act like they don't do anything wrong themselves.

Although I've never tried pot, I think it's good that some states have allowed it to be sold legally without a prescription.  The problem I see is that even if it's legal, people will most likely misuse it.

There's always a faction of government who will try to over control something. It used to be people with axes breaking up the bars and bringing about prohibition... All that did was encourage more organized crime... There will always be someone over-using something whether it be food or booze or cigarettes or prescription drugs...you name it.  A lot of laws are necessary, but there are some that we could just throw out and we'd be better off. If the fees and fines and cost of living were not so high and the rich would pay their fair share and hire Americans and so on, there would be less people feeling the need to numb their pain with substances... Give people a job to do and fair prices and fair wages and the whole thing would get better... I'm not so very concerned about a minority of people getting stoned... As with a lot of people in the 1960s - it could be a temporary phase... Just sayin'
I wouldn't want everyone sitting around stoned but I feel like some people will just go through a phase of it and then most will be able to snap out of it and cut way back and start functioning again.  ;D

steedy

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2014, 12:27:42 PM »
I used to think that too.  Kinda like let the kids loose in a candy store and after they scarf a while, they'll cut way back on the candy.  For a lot of people, this may apply.  But I have seen way too many people use any means possible to get a "high" feeling.  Perscription drug abuse, for instance, is rampant in America.  People store up pills to take 3 or 4 at a time to get high. People constantly lie and fake injuries and pain just to get narcotics.  I've even known of people claiming to be allergic to absolutely everything, except the really good stuff.   A lot of people turn a blind eye to this, or don't know about it, but I've worked as a home health nurse and prison nurse for a while, and I have to say I have seen it all.  People with a mindset for drug abuse will abuse drugs legal or not.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2014, 01:41:59 PM »
I used to think that too.  Kinda like let the kids loose in a candy store and after they scarf a while, they'll cut way back on the candy.  For a lot of people, this may apply.  But I have seen way too many people use any means possible to get a "high" feeling.  Perscription drug abuse, for instance, is rampant in America.  People store up pills to take 3 or 4 at a time to get high. People constantly lie and fake injuries and pain just to get narcotics.  I've even known of people claiming to be allergic to absolutely everything, except the really good stuff.   A lot of people turn a blind eye to this, or don't know about it, but I've worked as a home health nurse and prison nurse for a while, and I have to say I have seen it all.  People with a mindset for drug abuse will abuse drugs legal or not.

Well I can agree and relate with most of what you have said. I don't really want people to get stoned so much... I feel if our society can handle some of the conditions causing so much misery it may lessen. There is definitely an addictive personality. No doubt about it.
I was grateful to find out I could walk away from stuff...

steedy

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2014, 04:36:28 PM »
That's great when people can quit substance abuse permanently.  I think if the majority of people have a positive relationship with the Earth, then drug abuse, which is a negative energy, will dissipate.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2014, 08:44:46 PM »
That's great when people can quit substance abuse permanently.  I think if the majority of people have a positive relationship with the Earth, then drug abuse, which is a negative energy, will dissipate.
I agree with that...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2014, 09:59:22 PM »
http://www.msnbc.com/hardball/gop-congressman-pushes-federal-legalization-marijuana-oil

GOP Congressman pushes for federal legalization of marijuana oil

07/28/14 06:03 PM—Updated 07/29/14 12:42 PM

facebook twitter 2 save share group 4

By Lisa Crivelli

The movement to legalize marijuana oil for the treatment of seizures just got a big push.

Rep. Scott Perry (R-PA) has introduced a bill to nationally legalize CBD oil, or marijuana extract, to treat seizures in children.

“Earlier this year I was approached by three local families whose children suffer from severe epilepsy,” said Rep. Perry. “Their heartbreaking situations compelled me to act at the federal level to enable their access to a supplement that literally has changed lives – not only in the form of relief for the individual who suffers from this condition, but subsequently for their families and loved ones as well.”

The move comes in conjunction with Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett’s promise to create a pilot program on the state level for families in need of marijuana oil for their children.  But many Pennsylvania families have complained that the governor’s bill has been slow moving, and time is not on the side of many of these children.

Eleven states, including South Carolina, North Carolina, Utah and Kentucky have legalized marijuana oil for the treatment of epilepsy.  In a re-election year, many Republicans find take a stance supporting the extract is an acceptable median between legalizing medicinal marijuana and banning all forms of marijuana legalization.

“This bill in no way changes my stance on marijuana—I still disagree with the recreational use of marijuana,” says Rep. Perry.  “However, these children and individuals like them deserve a chance to lead a healthy and productive life and our government shouldn’t stand in the way.”

But the movement to legalize marijuana, both in medicinal and recreational forms, has been picking up steam.  The New York Times editorial board just published an article this week calling for the federal government to repeal the ban on marijuana.  And a new Quinnipiac poll in Florida shows young voters in the state calling for the legalization of recreational marijuana, while others polled favored legalizing medicinal marijuana 9-1.

“Forget the stereotypes of stodgy old folks living out their golden years playing canasta and golf,” said Peter Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University poll.  “Almost nine-in-ten Floridians favor legalizing medical marijuana and a small majority says adults should be able to possess small amounts of the drug for recreational purposes.”

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY SMART AND DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME

This book needs to be on your survival checklist because it offers a simple path for visioning, leading, and supervising the creation of an effective survival communications strategy.

Learn more...