Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Survival Community w/Domes  (Read 7336 times)

admin

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • “Chance favors the prepared mind."—Louis Pasteur
    • Your Own World USA
Survival Community w/Domes
« on: June 06, 2011, 08:13:35 PM »
For those who've listened to my most recent Cut to the Chase interview, ACP #4 - Survival Domes http://yowradio.podomatic.com/, I've been told about a dome that is available for a good price in NE Georgia.  Looks worth a peek if you're in that area and looking. 

Marshall

OWNER RELOCATING FOR EMPLOYMENT REASONS PRICE REDUCED NE Geo
http://bbs.monolithic.com/viewtopic.php?t=733#p8385

$149,900 or best offer!!!! This unique home is situated on a gorgeous 3.3 acre lot with creek. The first floor plan (1900 SF) is designed for entertaining with an open kitchen and 10’ breakfast bar and upgraded gas range. The 600 SF master suite with shower, 2 person jet tub with double sinks is also located on the first floor, as is the laundry room. The second floor is newly carpeted with 3 BR 2 BA and a TV area. This house is energy efficient. Heat is electric with gas backup. Cooking, clothes drying and instant on demand water heater are all propane.

The property is approximately 100 miles north of Atlanta and 100 miles south of Asheville, NC. This home is located 1 mile from beautiful Lake Rabun where the average selling price for lakefront property is about $1 million. The region has State Parks, rivers, gorgeous lakes and high elevation.

Enjoy living in the beautiful NE Georgia Mountains in your own energy efficient home. It is a unique, friendly and dynamic neighborhood.

Email: happybumrn@yahoo.com or call 706-982-4276

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20628763@N07/

More pics at: http://www.fsbo.com/80594?country=US&zipcode=30552
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 08:15:14 PM by admin »

admin

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • “Chance favors the prepared mind."—Louis Pasteur
    • Your Own World USA
Re: Survival Community w/Domes
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 08:17:00 PM »

Boonie Stomper

• Trusted Member
  • Reality is but a dream if followed to the source..
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 09:25:50 PM »
would you mind listing them on eBay or...  did i miss something...   ;D
there is nothing as pure as a mix of faith and pure imagination :D

noproblemo2

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 09:41:10 PM »
would you mind listing them on eBay or...  did i miss something...   ;D
Boonie, these are simply examples of what is available out there in a Dome home.

Lori

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 06:59:29 AM »
I wish I could get this one, but it would be too far from my husbands job and the gas as of now will bust us.  Its beautiful.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 04:40:39 PM »
OK, so here's a good question...Does anyone know of any literature, books, info on how to build your own dome??  My husband has experience building cabins, so if I could get the right literature it might become an affordable proposition for us and one I could get him involved in.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 03:44:24 AM »
Hi All be sure to stop by this Topic,
Yowbarb
Planet X and 2012 Survivor's Town Hall » Barbara Lou Townsend » Planet X Hitchhiker's Guide to Internet Survival Sites
Domes and Underground Shelter Ideas
Started by Yowbarb « 1 2 3 ... 8 »
http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=187.0 

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 04:40:10 AM »
OK, so here's a good question...Does anyone know of any literature, books, info on how to build your own dome??  My husband has experience building cabins, so if I could get the right literature it might become an affordable proposition for us and one I could get him involved in.

Some ideas.

I cannot vouch personally but this might work:

http://domekits.info/  4V Steel T-Bar Dome

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 06:20:44 AM »
Thanks so much for the research, it might be a possibility going with the one you suggested and hubby is currently in the scrap metal recycling business...hmmm, now if I can just get him a little bit more onboard, he's coming around though.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 10:48:36 AM »
Thanks so much for the research, it might be a possibility going with the one you suggested and hubby is currently in the scrap metal recycling business...hmmm, now if I can just get him a little bit more onboard, he's coming around though.

enlightenme, it's a good thing your husband knows a lot about construction already. I will try harder; cannot say for sure which home kit is best.
Please tell him, bear in mind there could be earth movement, 200 + winds etc. I have seen videos of a (I think it was K Mart store) after a F5 and wow it was a crumpled mess. So the monolithic dome structure, reinforced supposedly holds up better than these store buildings...
Looking for input from some structural engineering experts here.
I can tell you one thing: 
There is a wide range of domes and what is considered a "strong" dome.
Important the framework be strong and the dome be anchored down into the reinforced concrete too. The G.F.R. within the concrete probably a good idea too. 
Posted a whole lot of links in the dome Topic will review more and see what we can find.

I am thinking that, in addition to being a monolithic structre, reinforced, with glass resin fiber -reinforced concrete, set down and secured in concrete, possibly cables, that it needs to be at least partially buried in earth to withstand the winds which could come.

Note: F5 is 261–318 mph.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fujita_scale 

- Yowbarb

IMAGE: DOMES INT GRF REINFORCED
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 10:50:55 AM by Yowbarb »

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 12:11:53 PM »
you must have been reading my mind friend... I was thinking it would have to be partially buried in the ground as well, and figured hubby would just laugh at me if I didn't mention that part (Guy thing, always has to be smarter, you know...like when I came home so proud with my new generator the other day, he had to immediately find out about the conversion to cooking oil/alternative fuels from gas..but hey, I think he's coming around don't you???)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2011, 12:28:13 PM »
you must have been reading my mind friend... I was thinking it would have to be partially buried in the ground as well, and figured hubby would just laugh at me if I didn't mention that part (Guy thing, always has to be smarter, you know...like when I came home so proud with my new generator the other day, he had to immediately find out about the conversion to cooking oil/alternative fuels from gas..but hey, I think he's coming around don't you???)

I am glad you are thinking the same thing. Earth does definitely add weight which does protect the structure. As long as the structure itself is strong. I am thrilled you have someone with good sense and it sounds like he will do what is needed.  :)
Wishing you two and all of your group the best of luck,   :)
Yowbarb

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY SMART AND DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME

This book needs to be on your survival checklist because it offers a simple path for visioning, leading, and supervising the creation of an effective survival communications strategy.

Learn more...