Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Merged Ice Age Topics 2011-2018//Are we entering a new mini ice age  (Read 7242 times)

MadMax

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: ICE Age Coming!
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2017, 01:46:33 PM »
Great Article!

Intensifying cosmic rays, grand solar minimum and Earth's climate

https://watchers.news/2017/05/13/intensifying-cosmic-rays-grand-solar-minimum-and-climate/

Data provided by the students of Earth to Sky Calculus and Dr. Tony Phillips of SpaceWeather.com show cosmic ray levels are intensifying, as the Solar Minimum approaches, with an approximately 13% increase since March 2015. This article provides a brief overview of some of the consequences for our planet, its climate and us.

Although many people think Solar Minimum is boring, this is wrong, he says. "During the nadir of the sunspot cycle, the entire heliosphere changes its personality with many consequences for the space around our planet. One of the most important changes involves cosmic rays, high-energy radiation reaching Earth from deep space. As sunspot numbers decline, cosmic rays intensify.”

Intensifying cosmic rays

The main reason why the cosmic rays are intensifying is the Sun, he says. Solar storm clouds such as coronal mass ejections (CMEs) sweep aside cosmic rays when they pass by Earth. During Solar Maximum, CMEs are abundant and cosmic rays are held at bay. Now, however, the solar cycle is swinging toward Solar Minimum, allowing cosmic rays to return. Another reason could be the weakening of Earth's magnetic field, which helps protect us from deep-space radiation.
Whatever happens in the years to come, it's reasonable to say we should be ready for anything.
Only informed and educated society/group can survive with as little consequences as possible.

We have repeatedly argued and showed in countless articles that the time when preppers were described as 'those crazy people' is long over. Be ready for anything, not just for climate change and extreme weather events. Know where you are living, where your sources of drinking water are and learn ways to survive in nature. Even if nothing bad happens to you, being ready can't hurt. The process might even prove to be rewarding on many levels, in both the short and the long run.
Grand solar minimum and Earth's climate

Whatever happens in the years to come, it's reasonable to say we should be ready for anything. Only informed and educated society/group can survive with as little consequences as possible.

We have repeatedly argued and showed in countless articles that the time when preppers were described as 'those crazy people' is long over. Be ready for anything, not just for climate change and extreme weather events. Know where you are living, where your sources of drinking water are and learn ways to survive in nature. Even if nothing bad happens to you, being ready can't hurt. The process might even prove to be rewarding on many levels, in both the short and the long run.

Max.
"Ignorance is Bliss" - (Agent Smith the first Matrix Movie)

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
heat/cold have and have-nots
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2018, 01:27:44 PM »
Have and have-nots
"It was the poor and isolated who quietly suffered the most in the heat – a situation echoed in overheated cities across the world. In the US, immigrant workers are three times more likely to die from heat exposure than American citizens. In India, where 24 cities are expected to reach average summertime highs of at least 35C (95F) by 2050, it is the slum dwellers who are most vulnerable. And as the global risk of prolonged exposure to deadly heat steadily rises, so do the associated risks of human catastrophe.

The current ice age means warmer oceans [3/4 of the world] and therefore a more humid atmosphere; but that's not evenly spread out over the world...
If you live right next to an ocean, i.e. along the coast, you may enjoy warmer weather. On the other hand, if you're far from the coast, you may just be suffering from the effects of more moisture in the atmosphere cooling down, added to more precipitation [i.e. snow, rain, etc.]. "Have and have-not" in this scenario is talking about not just temperature and precipitation; it's about combinations and how these relate to seasons. I mean, let's say, for instance, you're in a 'warm country' and you get more rainfall; great, right? But it could also mean floods since you're not used to such hydrological affluence [this is the problem in Morocco right now, with entire villages being wiped away by torrential floods]. Or you could be enjoying the benefits of warmer oceans and higher temperatures, such as the Dutch are now, with the warmest summer they've had since the recording of summers ever started.
Where's the precipitation in Holland, you ask? Yeah, they had the wettest July in history by far a few years ago, with 3 x the amount of rain they're used to. In the end, though, it's all about oceans, currents, chance and general developments.

Some areas luck out whereas others suffer. It's a brave new world out there in this new ice age (that will determine the course of climate the next 100,000 years or so). Strange? How so? Are interglacials not few, far between and short? Does history not teach us as much?

Throw everything you thought you knew about Earth's climates out the window as a new era asserts itself. Interglacial models and systems no longer apply. Though it may take a few tens of thousands of years for glaciers to start taking over the landscape of the northern hemisphere [imagine how many generations of man will wonder over this before they accept it as reality...], leading even to miles of ice over regions like Europe and North America, the general truth is that things have changed dramatically, essentially and inevitably.
Accept the new worldwide climatological trend or succumb defying it.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 01:48:33 PM by Socrates »
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2018, 04:10:04 PM »
Thanks for a thoughtful post Soc. 

Maybe the survival of humanity will depend upon a balance between acceptance and creative defiance of the "new normal" in weather?  Am thinking of the thrust by numerous individuals leading the call for green houses, cold frames, hydroponics, hugelkultur, polyculture, permaculture, alternative energy...

What sort of summer have you all been having in the Netherlands this year?  Is air conditioning common there?  The warm season is very different  - especially when humidity is present - for those who have the means of indoor artificial climate control.  If we didn't have it here, for example, we'd have mold literally climbing up the walls with our damp climate.  Am dreading the first summer that we no longer have it.

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: north-western European climate (along the coast) now
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2018, 09:07:35 PM »
Oh, things are actually wonderful here now. As friggin' terrible[!] as Dutch winters are, for about 6 months in the year things are actually quite nice here. To be honest, this is part of my greatest frustration, for my son's mother is Moroccan and to be 6 months here and six months there [i.e. Morocco, i.e. during the colder months] would be bloody perfect.
Anyway [counting to ten...], it doesn't get to be very hot here and airconditioners are only necessary if one's house/appartment is poorly located in relation to the Sun. I mean, yeah, if your main windows are facing south it can get pretty warm inside. Me, i only get some early morning sunlight and even on hot days, things are generally quite tolerable. 42 degrees latitude in north-western Europe is at around the same level as Canada, but we've no continental heat here [generated by large land masses getting heated up]. It's really quite moderate, even during the warmest summers.

Y'know, as far as i'm concerned [nomadic blood type B talking here...], living at one locale all year is just so very unnatural; how many animals live in the same place all year? C'mon. Only people do that kinda thing. Seasons are seasons but human beings act like they don't exist anymore and talk about airconditioners and such. The sane thing would be to move around a bit.
I've seen it in Nevada, with a million elderly moving there during the winter months, seeing the change in traffic from one season to the next; they're retired and are free to go where they choose and so many choose to go 'south for the winter'. It's as logical and natural as can be.

There are very few places like the Canary islands where it's nice all year round; if you're on a continent, one does well to flow with the seasons. This is also where trees come in...
(So-called) modern ideas about agriculture/farming/homesteading focus on one locale with animals, crops and home but it's much more logical to think along the lines of Johnny Appleseed; a tree is actually the most efficient use of land and forests create their own micro climates that create soil and retain moisture. So why stay in one place when one can have trees everywhere offering abundant fruit?
Chess: never lock your king into a corner! This applies to life as well. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Why have peoples the world over moved around with sheep, goats and cattle? Because they move themselves. But the main thing is, they move.
But what do modern people do? They barricade themselves in one place and act like they can somehow conquer mother nature or something. Most creatures in nature and many cultures throughout history have survived by remaining forever mobile.
North-western Europe is a great place to be during hot summer months, particularly along the coast. And it can be a hell hole during the winter... But since i can drive to warm climates in one single day, what are we really talking about...?
So what i'm basically saying is, yeah, people are suffering because of changing climate, but isn't that suffering really of their own making? Wasn't it a stupid idea to being with to think one should pick a place to live and just suffer that place's limitations throughout all seasons? If one were mobile, there would be no discussion here; one would simply slightly alter one's seasonal changes of destination.
I'm saying it should be a non-issue; one shouldn't chain oneself to one location to begin with. But people who are stuck to one place all year, they will suffer even more now the ice age is upon us. But they were bound to suffer anyway, one way or another. It's really only a matter of degree.
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2018, 05:13:42 AM »
From your description Soc, it sounds as if the Netherlands is a lovely place to live.  I know so little about it.

I do agree that, under different 21st Century circumstances, the hunter-gatherer lifestyle of pre-Columbian Native Americans would be the ideal way to live, but that presupposes at least a tacit agreement on the part of all other people in the land to share.  Those in the 21st-Century developed world, unfortunately, have learned the opposite survival skill, which may logically follow given that relative scarcity accompanies overpopulation.

So we "bloom where we are planted."  :)

Our family would seem to be in PA by fiat or grace, as I never intended to end up in the East, but always had a premonition that it was destiny.  I literally came home one day from teaching high school in rural Texas, was about to sign my contract for the next year, and my husband suddenly announced out of the blue that we were moving to PA.  Quite a shock, and it never made sense to me from a life-narrative standpoint until I learned what we are up against in the Tribulation, and came to appreciate more deeply the Amish community that has welcomed us these 30 years. 

Many blessings on your family, and may your son be one of the lucky children to inherit the new earth.

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2018, 01:50:27 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G6wqiZQtYA

Map by Robert Felix, author of Not By Fire, But By Ice, showing previous glaciation encroachment toward the South, affecting major crop lands.  The solid black line represents the previous ice age, while the broken line represents marginal survival areas.

https://www.iceagenow.info/ice-age-maps/

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: nomadic living
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2018, 08:18:56 PM »
There are very few places like the Canary islands where it's nice all year round; if you're on a continent, one does well to flow with the seasons.
If one were mobile, there would be no discussion here; one would simply slightly alter one's seasonal changes of destination.
I'm saying it should be a non-issue; one shouldn't chain oneself to one location to begin with. But people who are stuck to one place all year, they will suffer even more now the ice age is upon us. But they were bound to suffer anyway, one way or another. It's really only a matter of degree.
By the way, even on the Canary Islands it's best to be along the coast during the winter months and go up into the mountains in summer. It's just not that far to go. Have a house on the beach and walk up the mountain [takes less than a day] when it gets a little too hot [though things are really never very bad on the Canaries; still, up in the forest in summer is pretty friggin' cool and wonderful, plus it offers things the coast does not].
survival database

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2018, 04:29:47 AM »
It sounds lovely there.  Would love more details! 

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Merged Ice Age Topics 2011-2018//Are we entering a new mini ice age
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2019, 08:49:24 PM »
I just put this together:
Merged Ice Age Topics 2011-2018//Are we entering a new mini ice age
PLS Note: Socrates started an updated Topic, PLS see it at:

https://planetxtownhall.com/index.php/topic,7057.0.html#lastPost

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
survival database

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2019, 04:34:43 AM »
I had to laugh about his comment that since Bill Gates wears a friendly looking hat, he must want what's best for us... ::)

In lieu of farmers being able to sell their produce through distributors to mass markets, we may begin seeing more local produce stands, which wouldn't be such a bad thing.  So the more agriculture diverges onto a futuristic path, the more we may also see the opposite trend spring up as on option for the awake and aware.

Folks who live in cities and suburbs may actually enjoy spending their Saturdays driving out into the countryside to shop these stands, or shopping at a large farmer's market located in their area, in which small-scale agriculture travels directly to them.

Will also add that the medium-sized grocery store nearest to us, which buys through a distributor, did not have any zucchini to sell all last summer, when normally there's so much that people are giving it away.  Could only find it locally at farm stands.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 05:12:26 AM by R.R. Book »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2019, 04:19:07 PM »
https://www.aol.com/article/weather/2019/01/30/polar-vortex-by-the-numbers-6-states-in-us-record-temperatures-lower-than-south-pole/23657155/

Polar vortex by the numbers: 6 states in US record temperatures lower than South Pole

Records are being shattered and communities are enduring the harshest cold in years as the polar vortex tightens its grip on the midwestern United States.

After the polar vortex plunged southward, temperatures plummeted under 20 below zero F from North Dakota to northern Illinois on Wednesday morning.

Biting winds made the extreme cold more life-threatening as AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperatures dropped under 50 below zero. Frostbite can occur in mere minutes on exposed skin in these conditions.

Among the deaths from the snow and cold that struck the Midwest was a man found frozen to death in a garage in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, according to the Associated Press.

The cold has also led to widespread school closures, major travel disruptions and even the suspension of mail service.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW