Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: UK Meetings  (Read 11115 times)

Nigel Beardsley

Re: UK Meetings
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2012, 02:01:50 PM »
i think you would be surprised nigel

there are quite a lot of people like me ( with the same views or different ) but people are prepared.

In the US with no gun control people seem to be willing to defend what they have got - in the UK we all have our escpae routes - we just dont shout about it - better to lie low

Regards,

alex

Thanks for that. :)

Mark_75

• Trusted Member
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2012, 03:15:45 AM »
yeah that's good to hear and up to a point I'd have to agree. Many parts of the UK are still very much centered on the connectedness of the local communities and this is what my first hope that comes through. So for example if we have virtually total loss of the grid (solar storms) then the communities each come together themselves and then with each other for trades, workers, ideas, agricuturally. I can see this being far more likely in more rural areas than the big cities though...

_cj_

• Prolific Member
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2012, 01:08:31 PM »
i know this sounds a bit Machiavellian but .....
if the sh*t really does hit the fan - you dont want to be anywhere near a city.

Just for example - if we get a big CME strike and the power grids go down.  People can panic buy food and water

but say electricity is out for only 2 weeks ... all the sewerage is pumped and therefore needs electricity - if there is a city of 10 million people everyone of which has a toilet backflowing into their house ..... how long before the complete breakdown of society???

my guess 4 days, and im a plumber

even if we re-start everything in 4 weeks, its going to be mayhem

Ive planned 3 months living comfortably, any more than this we go to a subsistence living and god help all of us... plan your route to a safe house in the middle of nowhere - that my suggestion - i can reach mine in 90 min on one tank of diesel

Regards,

alex

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2012, 05:56:37 AM »
Excellent points cj!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2018, 10:54:45 AM »
Hello UK Members!
Let's see some life and activity on this Board.
If you are still looking for survival locations, fellow group Members, you can post here.
If anyone has any difficulty posting, anything, send me a PM,
Click my name in the introduction to this post, that will send me a message.
All The Best In 2018,
Barb Townsend
PS When I visited my oldest daughter and family in Macclesfield and Buxton, England we went on this bus trip. This 58 bus goes from "Macclesfield" to Buxton.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!