Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: UK Meetings  (Read 11035 times)

vonbath

Re: UK Meetings
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2011, 02:15:23 PM »
You say there is nowhere to run - but there are places at over 700 feet with very old caves.

I'd bve interested to hear what your idea is.

TheSwordOfDemocles

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2011, 02:25:28 PM »
If I told you my plan(s) it may jeopardise my families survival. Am I Selfish? Yes.

I(we) intend to survive!!!!!!

This will be Darwinian evolution at its best.

Best of luck with your plans, I hope you prevail.

vonbath

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2011, 01:58:21 AM »
Dear Sword of Democles,

I am asking what other people are thinking of doing purely because I am having to act totally alone. My family all think I am mad when I try to discuss these things, ditto my many friends. I do not know another soul (apart from virtual contacts on the internet) who is worried about the future. So forgive me if I seem curious. I know that I haven't a chance on my own, and am looking for like-minded people to discuss things with.

Vonbath

TheSwordOfDemocles

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2011, 05:20:28 AM »
Hi vonbath

Sorry for the sharp reply to your original request for information I don't mean to appear callous, I'm not. There is a lot of hysteria being generated by people who should know better, try to think independently, a dose of scepticism is healthy.  :'(

Advice on what to do and where to go. I just carried out a thought experiment to try and think of the worst case scenario and how best to survive it. I honestly rate my chances at less than 50%.

The UK is a small over populated island, if there was a disaster of biblical proportion it would safe to say the majority would perish. There is no guarantee for anyone even those who have prepared. It is literally a lottery.

How to prepare, you need to think through what the most likely dangers would be.

You are in the SW, Cornwall, Dorset and the other surrounding counties are not much above sea level, so if you fear flooding plan extricate yourself to high ground, that will mean leaving the area. Places to go: Welsh mountains, Pennines and of course Scotland. You will need food and fuel for at least a couple of weeks. Think about a good off road vehicle, you may have to go across open country as the roads would become blocked quickly, not just with traffic but government road blocks. The rights to travel may be curtailed.

The other problem might be solar flares and radiation this might present itself before any flooding takes place, so you need solid shelter preferably in or under a mountain. You have the Cheddar Gorge caves in Somerset...................Look I could write reams on this and still not get it right.

The thing to remember is not to get too uptight about this dooms day scenario, it is all speculation at the moment, so think of it as a remote possibility. And don't do anything silly like pack your job in or spend your life savings on something that more than likely will not happen. But there is no harm in having some form of strategy in place.

Lets just sit tight and watch things develop, there will be time to bug out, if need be.

As corporal Jones would say "don't panic".  :D

« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 05:22:40 AM by TheSwordOfDemocles »

vonbath

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2011, 06:59:01 AM »
Thanks, Democles. I don't drive - could be a problem, could be the saving of me. But thanks for all that. Yes,  I'm thinking of the Black Mountains, caves in Yorkshire etc. (Cheddar's not high enough and too near the coast. Dammit, everywhere's too near the coast!) And yes, I have started with the premise that 99.999,999% of the population would perish.

If you look under Marshall Masters and a topic called the Whole Elenin Thing, you'll see that I have been in touch with an astro-physicist who has looked at descriptions of The Destroyer in the Kolbrin texts and come back to me with his thoughts. Basically, he reckons that if something big was coming our way, we would spot it and have some prior warning.

I've just replied to him saying that, putting all doomsday prophecies aside, the plain fact is that there are a lot of us around deeply worried by the many varieties of strange phenomena occurring on the planet, particularly over the past couple of years. We're desperately trying to join the dots - and we need scientific opinions. I would be so happy if someone would prove to me beyond doubt that the dots don't join and that nothing is pulling at the inside of our planet from afar - but so far, no one has done so. And I'm not a doomsdayist or a conspiracy theorist.

Have a good day.

TheSwordOfDemocles

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2011, 11:46:07 AM »
Hi Vonbath

I have read your post to your physicist friend and he gave a well rounded balanced account of himself.

I am still bothered by NASA's lack of information on Elenin. They are funded by tax dollars and therefore should be accountable to the people. If they won't respond to requests for information then it is reasonable to assume they have something to hide.

The one thing I did notice about NASA's recent announcement about Elenin is what they didn't say. They never denied or even mentioned the possibility that something may be following the comet. Generally speaking comets are harmless unless they impact, in other words Elenin shouldn't cause the disruption we are getting on Earth today. I have been watching carefully the number of quakes occurring every day, and I noticed in May, and especially late May things calmed down as Elenin wasn't getting any closer. In fact according to JPL it actually moved away slightly over that month long period. Since the beginning of June it has been getting closer again, and in the last 24 hrs we have had a M6.0 in NZ, a M6.4 Molucca Sea and a plethora of quakes in ERITREA - ETHIOPIA REGION culminating in a M5.7. Coincidence? Who knows, and if they do know they are keeping it to themselves.

I have found myself wondering if the CME's from the Sun might have part to play. There was a whopper of a one last week, again it could be coincidence or there again maybe not. I thought about the possibility that we maybe barking up the wrong tree. Could it be the Sun's influence causing problems on Earth, and poor old Elenin is getting the blame.

Resonance could be the culprit. Everything has a frequency of oscillation, if that frequency can be found and amplified the object can be made to tear itself apart. Each earthquake band has its own frequency, so it might be possible the Sun is tuned into certain quake frequencies. A CME might be like a drum stick banging a kettle drum, the Earth being the drum.

To summarise, I haven't got a clue what's going on. At least I'm being honest!!

vonbath

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2011, 12:22:53 PM »
I have taken advantage of Ralph Holtom's affability and emailed him asking if he knows of anything following behind Comet Elenin that could be causing all this mayhem. I await an answer.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2011, 11:34:24 PM »
I have taken advantage of Ralph Holtom's affability and emailed him asking if he knows of anything following behind Comet Elenin that could be causing all this mayhem. I await an answer.

Vonbath, that's Very Well Done. If you find out anything from Mr. Holtom, you can post it in one of the Topics in Ed's Elenin board.
- Yowbarb

inselemel

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2011, 03:03:43 AM »
I am presently in the Lowlands of Scotland and i believe that if there is a flood that changes our part of Europe "in a blinking of an eye" - (Edgar Cayce), that the Highlands especially around The Cairngorms area (and no i do not work for the Scottish Tourist Board  :P :P :P) would be a safe area depending on what direction the Tsunami comes from but most predictions for this map changer is either the Las Palmas volcano erupting and causing a Tsunami that would hit the British Isles quick quick the other one is land rising up out of the North Atlantic which would also hit the British Isles extremely fast. I am not a scientist and i rely on my intuition but i do believe the Cairngorm Area would be a safe place - but as vonBath intimated it's getting to a safe area in time and i don't drive either. Since the British Isles are so very small in comparison to say the states and really everywhere is near the coast in UK relatively speaking. I think the best bet for those of in this part of the world is to trust your instincts if a holiday comes up Take it. It might very well safe your life and your family doesn't have to know that it maybe for survival purposes just a holiday.

Inselemel

PlayerOne

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2012, 12:20:07 PM »
Hey all i am in SW Cumbria here i have access to a few modes of transport including off road vehicles, submersives and aircraft we are a group of 7 preppers including myself, we have searched and found several underground bunkers and caves in lake district that we are considering as potential shelter in case of some major incident also we have many places to gather supplies (i.e large supermarket depots) and most shelter areas have fresh water nearby. so as you see we are kinda set to standby. hope if your in my area we can meet up and share ideas. Stay Safe Stay Prepared  :D

Edit = SPELLCHECK
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 12:24:03 PM by PlayerOne »
if i cant make it so be it as my scottish ancestors would say "Whit's fur ye'll no go past ye"

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2012, 08:03:19 PM »
Hey all i am in SW Cumbria here i have access to a few modes of transport including off road vehicles, submersives and aircraft we are a group of 7 preppers including myself, we have searched and found several underground bunkers and caves in lake district that we are considering as potential shelter in case of some major incident also we have many places to gather supplies (i.e large supermarket depots) and most shelter areas have fresh water nearby. so as you see we are kinda set to standby. hope if your in my area we can meet up and share ideas. Stay Safe Stay Prepared  :D

Edit = SPELLCHECK

PlayerOne, welcome to the Town Hall!
JKB approved your application just a short while ago.  ;)
Sounds like your preparation is already well underway; excellent.
Here's hoping you get a response from the UK and northern EU Members.
All The Best,
Barb Townsend
Administrator

Mark_75

• Trusted Member
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2012, 06:40:13 AM »
Hi this is nice to have a board like this and it is interesting to read the comments.

My name is Mark and I'm Australian by birth (though British roots) and have lived in South Wales this past 6 years. Now I'm at the foot of the Brecon Beacons and plan on doing hikes and am ready to get moving with exploration of certain areas...some that are not all that obvious and very remote. I noticed vonbath was asking repeatedly a year ago of anyone in this kind of area and so that's the main reason I'm replying. Was meant to be hiking today, but had to postpone that particular walk for another weekend.

The very nice thing about the British Isles that I'm fascinated is given so little regard is that survivability here (if it really comes to certain scenarios) may not be nearly as hard as some may think (going by the posts on this forum). Trust me, from my scout days when we hiked from Sydney to Newcastle in Australia, bush tucker and water avaiability are so much easier here. Honestly you could literally have more than enough to eat for much of the year just with a little knowledge. I had done some stocking up, though I'm all but at the point now where I'll probably just give most of it away lol. Mostly just eat fresh greens now anyway (wild spinach, dandelion etc, homegrown stuff...). It's a lot of fun to get in to learning this stuff and getting out there. Gives much confidence as well.

OK well it'd be nice to catch up with any sincere people on here who are based similarly to me.

Peace, Mark.

Edit: Btw this post was mostly in response to vonbath and to see if your still here. I am also in a similar position by the sound of it. However I'm not really as concerned about doing it alone to start off with. I think like mided people who listen to the inner voice to move and are ready to, will meet up anyway in time. I mean there's not that many options are there? It will either be turn youself in to emergency service or for rations (and the rest of it...) or try and make it in harmony with nature and each other and certain preparations. That might be difficult in a big city, so how other way but to see people come together peacefully in small groups to start with out of the cities....I dunno, just trying to get across that I don't believe in talking like it's doom and gloom in the UK. In addition to this, I've spoken to a small number of people point blank about this (close friends) and sidelong about it (aquaintences) they just so don't wanna know at all. The thing is, no one I've seen yet has that look around here. I just don't see many will wake up to start with. This is where no animal products helps I think in your diet...ahh still struggling to undairy :O Well this turned in to a long edit lol.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 08:52:31 AM by Mark_75 »

Mark_75

• Trusted Member
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2012, 12:35:33 PM »
This thread is alot more quiet than I thought it would be :o

However it doesn't surprise me in some ways as even though I've got around a bit (just with the teaching work...IT and maths)...just not met anyone prepping of what have you. I'm sure there out there, but can't be many in the UK which is sad if that's the case :S

Anyway I've found some great spots  8) Last hike was nice, but hard work...Make sure to weigh your pack a little wet as when you pack up to move out it may be wet. That is alot of extra weight. Still managed good time :) Last 9km where done in 2 1/2 hours even with wet gear :P Still that was the downhill part. I've only really just started , but already without even having to get particularly found some excellent spots for shelter, UV and other sky threats. There's a surprising amount of wooded land (though over half would be tree farm)...pretty easy to move around in, but really good boots are a minimum otherwise it would be tough. I was thinking of buying two more pairs of boots next pay  ::)

But yeah it's really easy around here if anyone is interested. I can see being able to live off the land (with a few luxuries) would be very easy...the wild food is enough if used well if it got really extreme...it's mostly the knowledge ppl just wont have it even though it's easy.

Well that will do. Good luck all, Mark.

Nigel Beardsley

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2012, 03:20:38 PM »
Hi Mark and thanks for your latest posts in the UK section. Glad to see someone is doing something in the UK.

I don't think the awareness is anything like over the pond in America. Probably due to the reserved nature of the British people.

Anyway I wish you luck in your scouting for a safe haven to survive and your preparations.

_cj_

• Prolific Member
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2012, 01:55:52 PM »
i think you would be surprised nigel

there are quite a lot of people like me ( with the same views or different ) but people are prepared.

In the US with no gun control people seem to be willing to defend what they have got - in the UK we all have our escpae routes - we just dont shout about it - better to lie low

Regards,

alex

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!