ilinda, Jimfarmer - THE PLANET X SYSTEM > PLANET X ASTRONOMY

The Moon

(1/30) > >>

Lori:
OK Guys,

I know we've talked about this before.  This is one of those times again.  Its been almost a week and the moon remains full.  I went out this morning with binoculars in hand and looked at the moon.   Its still perfectly full.  No sign of any darkening. Not even a sliver.   August 13 was our full moon.  We actually however looked like we had a full moon on Thursday of last week.   Today is the 15th.

http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/moonphases.html

I'm going to sticky this so we all can Post our thoughts. 

Oleokie:
Hey Lori, Ya I seen it out this morning too and though it was a tad off too.  Going to check the positions of all the planets this week and will also check the moon to see if it is where it is suppose to be also. I wanted to check Saturn before it is no longer viewable in the evening.

Oleokie

Jimfarmer:
http://www.usno.navy.mil/USNO/astronomical-applications/data-services/alt-az-us gives

Altitude    Azimuth    Fraction                                     
                (E of N)  Illuminated

for the moon according to time and place of viewing.

JKB:
Concur.  The moon has not been full here as it has been 3/4 to full for the same time frame you are reporting.  However, I have noticed that the Earth is starting to wobble again.  The moon has been setting in the southern hemisphere and is now moving progressively north in the direction of the equator.  The Sun, likewise, has been setting in the northern hemisphere and is moving progressively south.  I am no astrological brainiac like some of you are but I think the northern hemisphere has been tilted closer to the sun, hence, this ungodly heat wave we have all endured.  With the Earth now moving in the opposite direction, i.e. the northern hemisphere being tilted further from the sun, I would hypothesize that we are going to be seeing some very unseasonably cool temperatures in the northern hemisphere. Yes, I know... astronomy for dummies...  Are we on the brink of the blending of the seasons?  How can we be the only ones on the planet that are noticing this??????????????????

Yowbarb:

--- Quote from: Lori on August 15, 2011, 03:54:24 AM ---OK Guys,

I know we've talked about this before.  This is one of those times again.  Its been almost a week and the moon remains full.  I went out this morning with binoculars in hand and looked at the moon.   Its still perfectly full.  No sign of any darkening. Not even a sliver.   August 13 was our full moon.  We actually however looked like we had a full moon on Thursday of last week.   Today is the 15th.

http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/moonphases.html

I'm going to sticky this so we all can Post our thoughts.

--- End quote ---

Lori,
Last night I noticed the full moon, high in the southern sky. Well nearly full, just a tad under.
The deal is, the night before I noticed it had waned more than that.
some kind of wobble...
YB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version