Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: The Moon  (Read 69738 times)

JKB

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • There is no spoon.
Re: The Moon
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2011, 07:04:04 PM »
The moon is back to rising in the northeast again after rising in the southeast for the longest.  Funny thing though, on my way to work this morning it was still almost full and still in the northern hemisphere a full 12 hours after I observed it on my way home from work the evening before.  How is this even possible?  I am in Kansas City, by the way...
You have to let it all go Neo.  Fear, doubt, and disbelief...  Free your mind.

errrv

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2011, 07:16:03 PM »
JKB even my kids have noticed it and always ask me why can you always see the moon? Day & night? I just tell them I don't know!!!
Erv

Jimfarmer

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2011, 07:35:04 PM »
I just compared that picture of the moon taken tonight with an old Ansel Adams pic. The orientation are the same on both. So what are the zeta & other posts here talking about when they say the orientation has changed?

Evidently it's not a permanent shift, but rather like a swing away and back over some time period.

why can you always see the moon? Day & night?
The orbit of the Moon around the Earth, and the revolution of the Earth (around its' own axis), are not synchronized, so sometimes the Moon will be above a certain spot on the surface of the Earth during daytime (at that spot), and sometimes the Moon will be above that spot during the night (at that spot) -- and sometimes at sunrise and sometimes at sunset also.  The time interval during which the Moon is in a position to be visible from any specified spot on Earth varies slightly with the phase of the moon.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 08:42:25 PM by Jimfarmer »

Yowbarb

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2011, 07:12:28 AM »
The moon has been full now since last Thursday.   :o

Today it is properly waning... I am seeing it big and bright up in western morning sky... it was still there at 0800... not sure when it set.
CW Central west Florida

Jimfarmer

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2011, 07:42:55 AM »
Here is a new release on an old topic:
"NASA Whistleblower: Alien Moon Cities Exist"
http://beforeitsnews.com/story/1091/566/NASA_Whistleblower:_Alien_Moon_Cities_Exist.html

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2011, 11:43:34 AM »
The moon should rise about 8pm, and set about 9 to 9:30am   ed

JKB

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • There is no spoon.
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2011, 07:21:52 PM »
I just compared that picture of the moon taken tonight with an old Ansel Adams pic. The orientation are the same on both. So what are the zeta & other posts here talking about when they say the orientation has changed?

Evidently it's not a permanent shift, but rather like a swing away and back over some time period.

The orbit of the Moon around the Earth, and the revolution of the Earth (around its' own axis), are not synchronized, so sometimes the Moon will be above a certain spot on the surface of the Earth during daytime (at that spot), and sometimes the Moon will be above that spot during the night (at that spot) -- and sometimes at sunrise and sometimes at sunset also.  The time interval during which the Moon is in a position to be visible from any specified spot on Earth varies slightly with the phase of the moon.

So this is normal?  I am not questioning you Jim, not at all.  I just can't remember ever seeing the moon all over the place like I have for the last year +.

noproblemo2

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2011, 07:28:07 PM »
JKB, I agree what I am seeing is not the norm here either, sun or mooon wise

Jimfarmer

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2011, 10:24:11 AM »

So this is normal?  I am not questioning you Jim, not at all.  I just can't remember ever seeing the moon all over the place like I have for the last year +.

The first part, the swing away and back, is not normal.

The second part, seeing the moon during daytime, is normal.  A few more words about it:  the Moon orbits around the Earth once every 29.32 days, while the Earth spins underneath it once a day.  The times of moonrise and moonset advance approximately 50 minutes every day (24x60/29.32).

The position (azimuth) of moonrise and moonset vary regularly with the moon's phase.  See [urlhttp://curious.astro.cornell.edu/question.php?number=642][/url].  But the present range of variation is not normal.  To check the "correct" position of the Sun or the Moon at any time and place, access http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/AltAz.php

Hammerhead

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2011, 07:10:21 PM »
I have a question....last night I noticed the moon, big and beautiful witha cresent missing on the right side (or left, not sure). But this morning it was still out but the cresent was at the bottom and not on the side. Is that normal? I've been watching the moon more recently and just noticed this oddity. Weird to me.

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2011, 08:20:18 PM »
That would indicate wobble, or tilt, which has been mentioned, regarding the moon.  ed

JKB

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • There is no spoon.
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2011, 06:36:42 PM »
Hey guys.  On my way home from work this evening, around 6:30 to 7:00 pm, or 1830 to 1900 for those militarily inclined, I noticed the moon rising back from the northeast again as it has been previously rising from the southeast here in KC.  OK, not that unusual considering what has been happening of late.  However, it is now 2030 and I just went to take out the trash and look at the moon and it appears to be moving almost due south from where it rose and I have never seen that before.  Normally it would move from east to west in some fashion or other but tonight it has hardly moved west at all and appears to be moving south.  Any comments or explanations from the astrophysicists in the hall?

Lori

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2011, 07:03:30 PM »
Cant tell tonight its overcast will see it this w/e though.  will let you know

errrv

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2011, 07:14:50 AM »
I've noticed it has tilted counter clockwise about 20 degrees. I had posted awhile back an old Ansel Adams photo of the moon. There was no tilt at that point using the photo as reference, but there is a tilt to the surface features now.
I wish I could post pictures... I'd photograph it daily & compare.
Erv

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2011, 11:46:25 AM »
I was watching an older movie on tv, and there was a closeup of the moon, at that time. It is much different now. Using older pics and such, as reference are good for comparison. I have also noticed however, that the moon is not consistent in it's appearance. It is almost like an illusion, at times.   ed

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW