Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Bless The Beasts Two By Two, Pt 2 helping them survive  (Read 85318 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Bless The Beasts Two By Two, Pt 2 helping them survive
« Reply #240 on: April 09, 2019, 12:47:16 AM »
Yowbarb Note: More info and statistics on this page:

https://campaign.awf.org/poaching-deaths-visualized/

FAIR USE STATEMENT
If you want to aid in the battle against poaching by using these graphics and figures for noncommercial purposes, we welcome your support. We ask that you simply attribute the African Wildlife Foundation appropriately with a link to this page

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #241 on: April 09, 2019, 08:37:29 PM »
I didn't follow their link, but am assuming the data in the graph represent the yearly numbers of deaths by poaching.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #242 on: April 12, 2019, 10:33:57 PM »
I didn't follow their link, but am assuming the data in the graph represent the yearly numbers of deaths by poaching.

Yes the numbers on the dark band show the totals... and it shows the total poaching deaths in India, South Africa and Kenya.

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #243 on: August 14, 2019, 11:40:33 AM »
Here's a photo of the baby robin that I found upside-down on a country road this morning and brought home to the "bird hospital".  He was apparently stunned but fluttering his wings when I found him, and was able to chirp at me in the car. 

When we got home, I set him in a safe space between a stone and the side of the bird hospital birdbath in shallow water, just to evaluate whether he was actually injured.  All of his moving parts seemed to be working, though a bit awkwardly.  With the sun becoming intense, we relocated to the porch glider and I rocked him to sleep for a while to the sound of cicadas.  He wasn't interested in taking sweet electrolyte solution with sea salt from a pipette, and becoming sticky after a bit, was relocated to the birdbath for a little wash up.  Afterward, I placed him on a soft bed of grass in one of our 8 "hospital rooms" in the octagonal bird house. 

If all goes well, he may fly off by tomorrow, once he recovers from whatever stunned him.

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #244 on: August 14, 2019, 03:31:44 PM »
Wow, it's refreshing to see someone taking such good care of an injured bird.  Maybe it received a glancing blow from car---not enough to kill, but enough to stun.  Here's hoping for the best.

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #245 on: August 15, 2019, 06:00:15 AM »
Thanks Ilinda!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #246 on: January 05, 2020, 09:07:27 PM »
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/rescued-koala-brings-ray-of-sunshine-after-nightmare-on-fire-ground-20200105-p53p1i.html

Our coverage of the bushfire crisis is free for all readers. Please consider supporting our journalism with a subscription. https://subscribe.smh.com.au/?promote_channel=HI_SMH_GNL_HL_V1&utm_source=smh.com.au&utm_medium=HouseInventory&utm_campaign=General&utm_content=ArticleLink

January 5, 2020 — 6.55pm

Rescued koala brings 'ray of sunshine after nightmare' on fire ground

Damian Campbell-Davys, a water tanker driver, got an unexpected cab mate when he spotted a juvenile koala staggering out from a row of pine trees after fires tore through the region near the southern NSW town of Nerriga.

On duty to fill up the tanks of fire trucks, Mr Campbell-Davys found himself slaking the thirst of the disoriented and thirsty marsupial for an hour and a half from his water bottle.

After the horrors of yesterday, it just made my day,” he told The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age, as he waited for the next fire truck to fill from his 10,000-litre tanker.

“A little ray of sunshine in this nightmare.” A wildlife carer was on their way to pick the animal up, which will be taken away from the danger zone.

Mr Campbell-Davys dubbed the koala “Tinny Arse” after a friend Liz “who always wins at the races”, he said.

“This one was also a winner – fires were burning around him on both sides.”

“It might be better to relocate him to somewhere where there’s no fire.”

RELATED ARTICLE
NEWS: NSW FIRES: A NPWS firefighting Landcruiser lies burnt on Tallowa Dam Rd in Kangaroo Valley. It crashed after hitting a fallen tree on saturday when the Currowan fire impacted the area while the crew sheltered in a nearby dam. The region was hit hard after a southerly change moved through last night. 5th January 2020, Photo: Wolter Peeters, The Sydney Morning Herald.
BUSHFIRES
'Trees were exploding': Fires ravage Southern Highlands
Add to shortlist
Mr Campbell-Davys had a close call of his own, with fires trapping him at his house until early Sunday morning.

Many homes were burned in the Southern Highlands overnight after the Currowan Fire jumped the Shoalhaven River.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 09:22:41 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #247 on: January 12, 2020, 01:26:31 PM »
Thankfully there is some kind of aniimal rescue going on in Australia...

https://weather.com/news/trending/video/family-loads-car-with-koalas-in-makeshift-rescue-attempt-from-australia-fires

TRENDING NEWS 4 days ago

Family Loads Car with Koalas in Makeshift Rescue Attempt From Australia Fires
weather.com

One family sprung into action when they saw injured koalas on their property in Kangaroo Island, South Australia.

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW