Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: *Bay Area Residents*  (Read 1075 times)

BuddhaKitty

• Prolific Member
*Bay Area Residents*
« on: September 21, 2011, 11:19:44 AM »
hello all.

so... i'm not in a very ideal scenario as far as bugging out. 
i'm faced with two major problems:

1. my location - the san francisco peninsula - is a very high-risk area for earthquakes and tsunamis.  furthermore - i am on the peninsula, and the only way out would be the golden gate, bay, san mateo and dumbarton bridges.  the only other option would be to drive 20+ miles south toward san jose, then inland for escape.  it could take well over an hour to get 100+ miles inland, and this is *without* traffic. 
with that said, my feeling is that i would have to bug out A LOT earlier than everyone else so that i'm not stuck on a bridge or in traffic.

2.  who to bug out with?  so far, none of my family or friends are convinced.  my daughter's father would never want to be separated from her, and he has *some* believe in what's to come, so it may be the three of us.  but, he does not feel it is necessary to plan for anything at this time - THAT part, he thinks, is irrational.
i am afraid that when my family/friends realize they are in danger, it will be too late.  i want to be LONG GONE before that.

are there any bay area residents who have a set plan?  all i know is that i want to move as quickly and elusively out of the area as possible when *that* time comes.  i have medical and emergency supplies, as well as food and water, in the trunk of my car - but not much else than that. 

i would very much like to team up with some bay area residents to continue planning and develop a few courses of action to take.  if necessary, i am willing to meet up occassionaly to draw out plans.

please send me a private message or feel free to reply to my post.

kind regards,
kitty

Mark Harbolt

• stringers
  • Prolific Member
  • Those that can, do.
Re: *Bay Area Residents*
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 08:41:52 PM »
Hello from Vacaville.
  I am interested in sharing info and making plans.
I am watching as many events as I can.  I am staying intouch through this and a couple of other sites.  What I see "trending" will determine when I "Bug Out".
My wife has stated that she does not want to plan, be included in planning or packing.  She has stated, "Just tell me when to get in the truck.".
Mark

BuddhaKitty

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 09:30:26 PM »
hi mark, what you're thinking is along the lines of what i was thinking.  one needs to be pretty observant and vigilant of world wide events, especially natural disasters... 'cause we get closer as each day goes by.

the only time i'd be able to leave, i would imagine, is when my family is ready (they'd never let me just leave with my daughter which is understandable). and i think they'd be ready when things drastically begin to change (i.e. three major disasters within a day of each other, or something like that.  what's to say one of those disasters won't happen here in our area... i just... don't know).

which is why i feel the urgency to plan, plan, plan - so that when we go, everything will be set and ready, and we'll evacuate at least a little more confident than most.

it's a very good thing, however, that your wife trusts you enough to just go when you say it's time.  really spares you of the heartache of trying to convince loved ones at the last minute.  that improves your chances of making it tenfold, i think.

whenever you have the time, could you please tell me your escape plans, where you plan on going, what's been packed, what you think is crucial to have, etc?  i have enough supplies and food to last 3-4 people for about a week.  i'm planning on picking up A LOT more little by little, including a bunch of how-to and informational books. 

thanks for your response... let me know what you think.

deena

Mark Harbolt

• stringers
  • Prolific Member
  • Those that can, do.
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 09:44:42 PM »
Hello Kitty!

I "plan" on being on the road before the road blocks are up.  Being aware of troop movements and troop placements are my "guide stones"  FEMA et al, are in the planning stages of, in my opinion, "After Disaster Control".  They will be ready to monitor and control traffic and traffic patterns.  They will have Temporary Housing Units in place.  They will be staged and ready to act upon command.

Now, with that said outloud, my hairs stand up on my neck when I travel Northern CA and see temporary storage yards with large numbers of trailers, detached from tractors, sitting with military equipment on board.  Is this the "staging"?  Or just a passing through of equipment?

My concerns are if I wait for multiple disasters it's too late already.

I just thought of a movie that puts my train of thought in perspective...
Red Dawn!  An old one for sure.  In that scenario, falling parachutes were the trigger.  No one was prepared but they were skilled.  The young men drove to the hardware store and loaded up on their way out of town.
Well I don't believe I can just drive to the store on my way out of town.  And the roads will be "controlled".

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!