Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Medical Marijuana - Charlie Little's Topic  (Read 19597 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Medical Marijuana - Charlie Little's Topic
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2014, 01:31:36 PM »
Yowbarb Note: Article posted on Peachtree glass site. Here is the link followed by some images.
Scroll down on this page, interesting old images. I'm not advocating people go get so stoned their brains fall out...Showing how marijuana originally had a lot of medical uses, most likely. Probably a lot of info has been lost.

http://www.peachridgeglass.com/page/55/?cat=fucpprodxjti   
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 01:42:52 PM by Yowbarb »

steedy

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2014, 06:36:17 AM »
Marijuana does have a lot of medicinal uses.  I remember when I was a kid that it was nothing to hear about hemp ropes and other products made from hemp.  Then all of a sudden "hemp" became a dirty word and nobody wanted to have anything to do with it.  I never understood what the problem was, but figured it was the government trying to flex its muscles and act like they don't do anything wrong themselves.

Although I've never tried pot, I think it's good that some states have allowed it to be sold legally without a prescription.  The problem I see is that even if it's legal, people will most likely misuse it.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2014, 06:59:46 PM »
Marijuana does have a lot of medicinal uses.  I remember when I was a kid that it was nothing to hear about hemp ropes and other products made from hemp.  Then all of a sudden "hemp" became a dirty word and nobody wanted to have anything to do with it.  I never understood what the problem was, but figured it was the government trying to flex its muscles and act like they don't do anything wrong themselves.

Although I've never tried pot, I think it's good that some states have allowed it to be sold legally without a prescription.  The problem I see is that even if it's legal, people will most likely misuse it.

There's always a faction of government who will try to over control something. It used to be people with axes breaking up the bars and bringing about prohibition... All that did was encourage more organized crime... There will always be someone over-using something whether it be food or booze or cigarettes or prescription drugs...you name it.  A lot of laws are necessary, but there are some that we could just throw out and we'd be better off. If the fees and fines and cost of living were not so high and the rich would pay their fair share and hire Americans and so on, there would be less people feeling the need to numb their pain with substances... Give people a job to do and fair prices and fair wages and the whole thing would get better... I'm not so very concerned about a minority of people getting stoned... As with a lot of people in the 1960s - it could be a temporary phase... Just sayin'
I wouldn't want everyone sitting around stoned but I feel like some people will just go through a phase of it and then most will be able to snap out of it and cut way back and start functioning again.  ;D

steedy

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2014, 12:27:42 PM »
I used to think that too.  Kinda like let the kids loose in a candy store and after they scarf a while, they'll cut way back on the candy.  For a lot of people, this may apply.  But I have seen way too many people use any means possible to get a "high" feeling.  Perscription drug abuse, for instance, is rampant in America.  People store up pills to take 3 or 4 at a time to get high. People constantly lie and fake injuries and pain just to get narcotics.  I've even known of people claiming to be allergic to absolutely everything, except the really good stuff.   A lot of people turn a blind eye to this, or don't know about it, but I've worked as a home health nurse and prison nurse for a while, and I have to say I have seen it all.  People with a mindset for drug abuse will abuse drugs legal or not.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2014, 01:41:59 PM »
I used to think that too.  Kinda like let the kids loose in a candy store and after they scarf a while, they'll cut way back on the candy.  For a lot of people, this may apply.  But I have seen way too many people use any means possible to get a "high" feeling.  Perscription drug abuse, for instance, is rampant in America.  People store up pills to take 3 or 4 at a time to get high. People constantly lie and fake injuries and pain just to get narcotics.  I've even known of people claiming to be allergic to absolutely everything, except the really good stuff.   A lot of people turn a blind eye to this, or don't know about it, but I've worked as a home health nurse and prison nurse for a while, and I have to say I have seen it all.  People with a mindset for drug abuse will abuse drugs legal or not.

Well I can agree and relate with most of what you have said. I don't really want people to get stoned so much... I feel if our society can handle some of the conditions causing so much misery it may lessen. There is definitely an addictive personality. No doubt about it.
I was grateful to find out I could walk away from stuff...

steedy

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2014, 04:36:28 PM »
That's great when people can quit substance abuse permanently.  I think if the majority of people have a positive relationship with the Earth, then drug abuse, which is a negative energy, will dissipate.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2014, 08:44:46 PM »
That's great when people can quit substance abuse permanently.  I think if the majority of people have a positive relationship with the Earth, then drug abuse, which is a negative energy, will dissipate.
I agree with that...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2014, 09:59:22 PM »
http://www.msnbc.com/hardball/gop-congressman-pushes-federal-legalization-marijuana-oil

GOP Congressman pushes for federal legalization of marijuana oil

07/28/14 06:03 PM—Updated 07/29/14 12:42 PM

facebook twitter 2 save share group 4

By Lisa Crivelli

The movement to legalize marijuana oil for the treatment of seizures just got a big push.

Rep. Scott Perry (R-PA) has introduced a bill to nationally legalize CBD oil, or marijuana extract, to treat seizures in children.

“Earlier this year I was approached by three local families whose children suffer from severe epilepsy,” said Rep. Perry. “Their heartbreaking situations compelled me to act at the federal level to enable their access to a supplement that literally has changed lives – not only in the form of relief for the individual who suffers from this condition, but subsequently for their families and loved ones as well.”

The move comes in conjunction with Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett’s promise to create a pilot program on the state level for families in need of marijuana oil for their children.  But many Pennsylvania families have complained that the governor’s bill has been slow moving, and time is not on the side of many of these children.

Eleven states, including South Carolina, North Carolina, Utah and Kentucky have legalized marijuana oil for the treatment of epilepsy.  In a re-election year, many Republicans find take a stance supporting the extract is an acceptable median between legalizing medicinal marijuana and banning all forms of marijuana legalization.

“This bill in no way changes my stance on marijuana—I still disagree with the recreational use of marijuana,” says Rep. Perry.  “However, these children and individuals like them deserve a chance to lead a healthy and productive life and our government shouldn’t stand in the way.”

But the movement to legalize marijuana, both in medicinal and recreational forms, has been picking up steam.  The New York Times editorial board just published an article this week calling for the federal government to repeal the ban on marijuana.  And a new Quinnipiac poll in Florida shows young voters in the state calling for the legalization of recreational marijuana, while others polled favored legalizing medicinal marijuana 9-1.

“Forget the stereotypes of stodgy old folks living out their golden years playing canasta and golf,” said Peter Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University poll.  “Almost nine-in-ten Floridians favor legalizing medical marijuana and a small majority says adults should be able to possess small amounts of the drug for recreational purposes.”

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2019, 12:08:25 AM »
Years ago, I signed the petition for medical marijuana use in Florida then voted for it when it went on the ballot.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2019, 06:51:00 PM »
https://www.governing.com/gov-data/safety-justice/state-marijuana-laws-map-medical-recreational.html

Excerpts:
" Most other states allow for limited use of medical marijuana under certain circumstances. Some medical marijuana laws are broader than others, with types of medical conditions that allow for treatment varying from state to state. Louisiana, West Virginia and a few other states allow only for cannabis-infused products, such as oils or pills.

A number of states have also decriminalized the possession of small amounts of marijuana.

Our map shows current state laws and recently-approved ballot measures legalizing marijuana for medical or recreational purposes. States with limited medical marijuana laws, such as those only permitting use of CBD oil, are not considered to have adopted broad medical marijuana laws. Final rules for recently-passed medical marijuana laws are pending in some states.

Information is current as of May 22, 2019.

NOTE: Some states shown [Below in screen shot] with no laws broadly legalizing medical marijuana permit only cannabis-infused products, or provide limited access under certain rare circumstances. States like Alabama and Mississippi, for instance, maintain laws permitting medical weed for severe epileptic conditions.

Other states, such as Virginia, enacted laws decades ago allowing for the possession of marijuana if individuals received prescriptions from doctors. Federal law, however, prohibits doctors from prescribing marijuana, rendering those laws invalid. Doctors can only write a recommendation for medical marijuana, which is different than a prescription.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2019, 07:02:27 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabidiol

United States
In the United States, CBD's legal status depends on the source from which it is derived. When derived from marijuana it is a Schedule I controlled substance under the federal Controlled Substances Act (CSA). This is because the CSA's definition of marijuana (spelled "marihuana") includes "all parts" of the cannabis plant. As a new drug – Epidiolex – it is Schedule V (see below).

However, when CBD is derived from hemp or some other lawful source it is not a controlled substance. Section 10113 of the Agricultural Improvement Act of 2018 defines "hemp" as "the plant Cannabis sativa L. and any part of that plant, including the seeds thereof and all derivatives, extracts, cannabinoids, isomers, acids, salts, and salts of isomers, whether growing or not, with a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol concentration of not more than 0.3 percent on a dry weight basis."

Hemp is excluded from the definition of marijuana under the Controlled Substances Act (CSA). CBD is not specifically scheduled in the CSA. It is therefore lawful when derived from hemp, which is not a controlled substance and the definition of which includes "cannabinoids". CBD is a cannabinoid.

Previous years:

The 2014 Farm Bill legalized the sale of "non-viable hemp material" grown within states participating in the Hemp Pilot Program. This legislation defined hemp as cannabis containing less than 0.3% of THC delta-9, grown within the regulatory framework of the Hemp Pilot Program. The 2018 Farm Bill allowed for interstate commerce of hemp derived products, though these products still fall under the purview of the FDA.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2019, 07:24:09 PM »
Yowbarb Note: Screen shot,
Dark Blue=Cannabis legal.
Green=Legal for medical use.
Light Green=Legal for medical use Limited THC. (low thc only allowed)
Gray=Prohibited for any use.
D=Decriminalized
https://www.thestreet.com/lifestyle/health/is-cbd-oil-legal-14802001

Is CBD Oil Legal in 2019? State-By-State and Future Legality

CBD oil has exploded in popularity lately. Where is it legal, what are the exceptions and what is the future of its federal legality?

By Steve Fiorillo
Updated May 22, 2019 11:02 AM EDT  Original: Dec 5, 2018

As the push for legal medical marijuana turned into one of the more universally popular stances in the country, advocates have been pushing for more states to legalize cannabis entirely.

While only 9 states currently have legalized recreational marijuana, as an industry weed has had a huge year of growth. This is in large part due to the increasing popularity of products that contain CBD in them. CBD, short for cannabidiol, is one of the hundreds of compounds found in the cannabis plant, and the potential it has shown in helping with pain, seizures and anxiety have made it a natural fit for medical and recreational weed alike.

The most commonly used form of CBD is CBD oil. Combining CBD extract with a carrier oil like coconut oil, it can be ingested or vaped, bringing a lot of variety. But because marijuana legalization is in such a murky situation with both federal and state laws to grapple with, CBD oil's legality can be hard to parse depending on where you are. Let's start with legality at the federal level.

Is CBD Oil Legal Federally in 2019?
Despite the many states that have legalized some or all forms of marijuana, federally the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) continues to classify CBD as a Schedule I drug. Schedule I drugs are defined by the DEA as "drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse." This is how not just CBD, but the entire cannabis plant is classified.

Of course, because legal marijuana is in such a confusing transitional period, even here there are potential exceptions. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Epidiolex, a treatment for a rare form of pediatric epilepsy that contains CBD. The DEA decided to classify this as a Schedule 5 drug, the scheduling that indicates the lowest potential for addiction and abuse.

Hemp producers who sell CBD products will often use the 2014 Farm Bill to claim that it is legal. This bill includes a provision that allows for the legal cultivation of hemp provided it is used for academic agricultural research or under a state pilot program. But there is still confusion about whether the legal allowance for cultivation also includes selling it.

The DEA hasn't made going after CBD users a priority, but generally federally it remains illegal. You'll have to go on a state-by-state level to see if CBD oil is legal where you are.

Which States Allow CBD Oil?
The push for legal cannabis has made enough progress that now there are only three states where marijuana of any sort in any form continues to be completely illegal. Those states are Idaho, Nebraska and South Dakota. If you don't live in these states, you may be able to acquire legal CBD oil.

Screen shot from Wikipedia  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_in_the_United_States

This page was last edited on 2 June 2019, at 02:03 (UTC).

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2019, 05:08:18 PM »
Why Dr. Sanjay Gupta Is Talking About Medical Marijuana Again

DoctorOz
Published on May 26, 2019
Dr. Sanjay Gupta, CNN’s chief medical correspondent explains why he believes marijuana may be the solution to the national opioid crisis. He outlines the three most important points supporting the case for cannabis.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2019, 05:13:23 PM »
This is being posted several places here on the TH due to its importance:

Just saw this incredible video showing a "before" and "after" video of a Parkinson's Disease patient.  Be prepared to be shocked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNT8Zo_sfwo

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW