Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Losing weight: A place to share successful actions, tips and ideas  (Read 77372 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Losing weight: A place to share successful actions, tips and ideas
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2012, 09:48:35 AM »
Way to go Sunnybug and Barb!!  You're all doing great!!  I've only lost a few more pounds, but a few is better than none.  I'm considering rejoing weight watchers.  A friend of mine just joined their on-line program, but I don't think I would have the time to devote to that right now.

Enlightenme, I am not doing such a very impressive job now with the weight loss. At this point 15.75 weight loss and I should be at ten pounds more lost to be on my target by now. (Just figured it out, I put in my battleplans document and carry them forward day by day.)
I really have to watch out for the"exceptions" which come my way and limit them. Like the great Gyros sandwiches made by these old country folk, etc.
Well no one ever said it would be easy, still tryin'.
The main thing that set me back for a few days no computer I could easily access.  Mine was being set up then a problem with it then no Norton log in on it... That was ten days or so. Today I logged into SparkPeople and etc. logging all my food again.
The little things really do make a difference... for someone like me who is just used to eating way too much. Can't burn it off out on the track now so I cannot eat as much...
Best O' Luck  to you all,
Barb Townsend
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 09:50:21 AM by Yowbarb »

enlightenme

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2012, 06:30:07 PM »
Well, It's still an impressive amount, I think!  Considering it's more than I've lost, you're doing better than me.  And truthfully, winter is usually when I gain weight, so any loss at all I'm considering as a big accomplishment...how about you?

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2012, 12:22:07 PM »
Well, It's still an impressive amount, I think!  Considering it's more than I've lost, you're doing better than me.  And truthfully, winter is usually when I gain weight, so any loss at all I'm considering as a big accomplishment...how about you?

You are right, it's better to consider any weight loss an accomplishment. Well today I am imore in the mood to starve myself so I am partly doing that...  ;D

JKB

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • There is no spoon.
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2012, 02:38:49 PM »
So, I broke down and ordered some testosteroine today.  If what I have been told is true, it seriously helps men over 40 maintain their weight better.  A buddy of mine is going to try it too.  Yes, I am a Marine and the public, not to mention the Marine Corps, expects Marines to be in tip-top shape.  My conditioning isn't the issue as I can still run all day long.  I am also 42 years old, eat extremely healthy and run at least 9 miles a week, when my chronic back problems allow.  Weight never has been as issue until the last few years and my metabolism slowed to equal that of a tree sloth.  I'm tired of running all these miles just to barely stay within Marine Corps height and weight standards.  I will keep you all posted.  If it works you may want to check it out.  Only costs $30.00 a month. You can go to google and type in "Andro 400" for anyone who is interested.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 08:08:31 PM by JKB »
You have to let it all go Neo.  Fear, doubt, and disbelief...  Free your mind.

enlightenme

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2012, 05:42:35 PM »
Thanks for the info JKB...I wish they had a female version of the same!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2012, 07:40:36 AM »
Losing weight slowly one step forward one step back etc.
18.8 # since mid-November...

Super Bowl Sunday...
not so sure I will be dieting,  8)
This might help,
Yowbarb

http://culinarydelightcatering.com/images/11-08/vegetable-platter_400.jpg

jrobert69

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2012, 08:22:08 AM »
Cant eat any crap foods when you full of cucumbers and carrots ;D

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2012, 09:53:11 AM »
Cant eat any crap foods when you full of cucumbers and carrots ;D

I suppose that's true..  :)

I don't know which team I am cheering for yet so I will have to eat both cakes, just kidding,  8)

JKB

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • There is no spoon.
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2012, 10:11:20 AM »
Thanks for the info JKB...I wish they had a female version of the same!

When I got my shipment in I read through all of the info that came with it.  It said that women can take it too.  I didn't pay too much attention to it but if you are interested you should go to the website.  I'm not sure what testosterone would do for a female, but apparently it does something positive.  Let me know if you need the wesite info.   :)
You have to let it all go Neo.  Fear, doubt, and disbelief...  Free your mind.

enlightenme

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2012, 05:55:36 AM »
EEK, I don't know, wouldn't that equate to growing facial hair, etc??????Believe me when I say, after 40, women wouldn't want to risk that, problems abound so as it is....LOL.   But let me know how it works for you, maybe a good razor would be an option???

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2012, 08:36:29 PM »
So, my weight loss is fairly slow and steady, one step forward etc.
Lost 18 1/2  - pounds...
I do much better when I have plenty of rice cakes around and some sliced lean  turkey meat to add to my nutrisystem diet. Also it's easy to get lazy about the salad bar but that helps a bunch. (A bunch, get it?)

http://www.healthyeyes.org.uk/uploads/pics/carrots.jpg

What seems to work is to throw some carrots into the vita mix and put that with the salad bar. Faster and easier to eat... consume more...
Lately I have found I actually do a lot better with cranberry juice. Even the cheapo kind with corn syrup goes down easy, seems to detoxify me and I feel better.
Feel better consuming some cola drinks too...
Oh yes I do better eating the sea - salted, seasoned seaweed too.
- Yowbarb
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 08:39:34 PM by Yowbarb »

enlightenme

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2012, 05:11:00 AM »
Congratulations Barb...Good for you!!!  I seem to be at a standstill with my weightloss...winter is always the hardest time of year for some reason, for me to lose weight (but atleast I'm not gaining, like I usually do!).

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2012, 07:54:56 AM »
Congratulations Barb...Good for you!!!  I seem to be at a standstill with my weightloss...winter is always the hardest time of year for some reason, for me to lose weight (but at least I'm not gaining, like I usually do!).

You are in a cold climate, that seems to be common...
I am in a mild climate (freezing now but that's only once in a while.)
Daughter and I going  to be setting up home gym soon. Used stuff. Found an exercise equipment place with lots of used and new stuff, near a new thrift store, walking distance from our place. Both handy places to have nearby...
With my knees back etc. not too much I can do but I can do the ab rocker and the alpine walker thing...
My weight is down from yesterday but at my current rate of weight loss it would take me 49 weeks, to January 2013. If I can just get back to the 2.5 pounds per week I can get down to my goal weight by late August...I do these little arithmetic problems every once in awhile to try to get myself back on track...
Just had a non diet breakfast so will have to get back on it.
Good Luck All,
Barb Townsend
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 08:03:45 AM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2012, 08:00:49 AM »
Before I start my home exercise program in earnest I will need to consult with a doc.   Probably an orthopedic clinic. After my ACL injuries they never told me much what I could do or not...Instructions did say to not to get down on my knees.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 08:02:47 AM by Yowbarb »

jrobert69

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2012, 09:09:20 AM »
I ran/walked yesterday on treadmill just over 2 1/4 miles. About 30 minutes. Couldn't believe how great I felt , until I stopped :).  Ive lost 10lbs since November, almost back to my pre-surgery weight. Ive stopped eating all the bad stuff, sodas, candies crap food. Throw constant daily stress into a 12 hour workday 6 days a week and you too can loose weight without trying!

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW