Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Losing weight: A place to share successful actions, tips and ideas  (Read 74010 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Losing weight: A place to share successful actions, tips and ideas
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2012, 09:43:42 AM »
When you figure out how to say no to a good tiramisu let me know, I have yet to find out how.

I really cannot say no to anything like that. The only thing I can do is limit the number of experiences where these choices are given. In other words if I have my diet dinner ready to fix and it's easy and no one brings donuts to the house I won't be eating them.
January 07 Update:
Weight is back down to where I was before the holidays... still losing weight very slowly...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2012, 09:52:55 AM »
Lost 15.75 pounds since Nov 14 2011...
Long ways to go.
It is really helping me that my daughter who is here with me found the home delivered diet system. For both of us. my son here is sampling various items too and is thinking of trying it. He is not fat but is also a bit of a foodie and it goes to his waistline. It helps him to know that if he gets a food craving there is a 100 calorie diet ice cream goodie he can have.
It just gives some control (for the record not plugging any particular brands these are just ones I have tried.)

The SparkPeope really really helps me too I can easily log my weight and everything I eat.... A lot of items are already in their data banks and Members share specific items such as regular food items, the Lean Cuisine, Nutrisystem etc.
Also helpful:  People log their favorite fast food items so you know if you give in and have one of these, how much damage it did and if necessary you adjust the remaining calories in the day by the food intake or choosing certain items.
It works for me...

Sunnybug

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2012, 05:36:15 AM »
That is great Barb!!  ;D
I've re-lost the 3 I had gained back so that is a good start for me this year. Still struggling with regular exercise, but will keep trying.
Also started my journal again - like you I find that keeping track of what I eat helps.
This is a good start!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2012, 08:22:21 PM »
That is great Barb!!  ;D
I've re-lost the 3 I had gained back so that is a good start for me this year. Still struggling with regular exercise, but will keep trying.
Also started my journal again - like you I find that keeping track of what I eat helps.
This is a good start!

Sunnybug, well done!
As of  this morning doing well ...we will see if I can stick with it.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2012, 10:09:56 AM »
A yogurt before one of your main meals is good for you and can help with weight loss. Try the naturally flavored stuff without high fructose corn syrup. The bacteria in it will help clean out your gut and help digestion.

I didn't really notice what you said on having the yogurt before the main meal.  :) Great idea, I had never thought of it.
Thanks,
Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2012, 10:26:11 PM »
I managed to lose some more weight haven't been trying so hard... The mutrisystem meals on hand really help me.
I don';t stick to that exactly. I supplement the meals with shredded low fat mozarella and tonight we had like a big salad bar with salmon and sushi...
A few times more than a few we have given into pizza, hero sandwiches or like that but we have been busy and working on this place. 
Have lost 17.15 in a couple of months...
I do need to step it up but it is probably OK to do this slowly...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2012, 11:16:22 PM »
Some other items that help me. To add to the nutrisystem or whatever diet meals I am eating.
Low cost, good tasting fruit gel cups made with fruit gel instead of from a calf's foot.
Used to buy the at a local dollar store...
From WalMart:
Sugar free rice pudding
Diet chocloate mousse
Low fat thinly - sliced sandwich meats made of poultry.
(We Use them in salads.)

These I get at COSTCO
Seasoned Seaweed
Greek yogurt with natural fruit or honey already there you just mix it in.
Salad bar veges like hydroponic butter lettuce bulk pack
and peeled baby carrots in bulk, tomatoes.
Stuffed olives for the salad
Shredded skim mozarella
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 11:19:15 PM by Yowbarb »

Sunnybug

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2012, 04:33:09 AM »
Keep it up Barb it really seems to be working for you!
I'm just trying to choose healthier snacks and meal choices and avoiding sugar as much as is possible and so far this year I'm down 4lbs. (that is 2lbs a week) so I'm happy so far. Still have a ways to go tho.
Although I am trying to get some exercise, it is still not consistent so I need to keep working on that.
This is a good way to start hope we keep it up! Eye on the prize!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2012, 02:03:48 PM »
I'm just trying to choose healthier snacks and meal choices and avoiding sugar as much as is possible and so far this year I'm down 4lbs. (that is 2lbs a week) so I'm happy so far. Still have a ways to go tho.
Although I am trying to get some exercise, it is still not consistent so I need to keep working on that.

Sunnybug, well donw!
And you said it right, eye on the prize. After awhile it comes down to what do I want more, to sit and eat (a favorite past time) or to look and feel good for the first time in a very long time.
 :)

cbeyer64

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2012, 04:26:00 PM »
Swimming is also a good form of exercise.  We did a 3 mile road march about a week ago and my legs hurt and got two blisters on my feet from my combat boots in the U.S. Army.  I did feel good afterwards though.  I was ready to give up a couple of times, but kept up and was in the front of my company with 300 other soldiers.  :)  We did it before the sun came up at 6:00 in the morning.  I also did some squats in PT and that burned my legs a little.  We have PT or physical training five times a week in the U.S. Army.  I have to go back tomorrow to the gym.  I think after I get out of the Army in a couple of months, I will join a gym as I said.  I want to work more on upper body strength and my abs.  My legs are pretty strong and I am comfortable in my pants.  I say I am about average weight for my height.  I think I will do some swimming as well after I get out and that will also help with endurance.  I would do it here on base, but the water in the pool seems so cold everytime I go in. 

Keep up the good work Sunny and Barbara.  :)  I will keep working out as well.  :)

Chandra

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2012, 06:42:09 PM »
I wish we were all as fit as you are... keep on being that way.
 ;)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2012, 09:59:20 AM »
After a short fall from grace I am now again in the weight losing trend.
At this point it's 16.35 pounds....less, from Nov 14.
Long ways to go.
I need to fit into these... got wrong size by mistake:

http://www.backcountry.com/

Just kidding.

Good Luck, All,
Barb T.

Sunnybug

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2012, 05:25:45 AM »
LOL Way to go Barb  ;D  at that rate you will fit those pants in no time! ;)
I've just maintained this week no loss or gain. However, I've found a park that is sort of on my way home from work that has a small mountain and several hiking trails. This should be a fun way to add some good exercise to my routine and be a nice stress reliever. \
Sunny

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2012, 06:14:28 AM »
LOL Way to go Barb  ;D  at that rate you will fit those pants in no time! ;)
I've just maintained this week no loss or gain. However, I've found a park that is sort of on my way home from work that has a small mountain and several hiking trails. This should be a fun way to add some good exercise to my routine and be a nice stress reliever. \
Sunny

Sunnybug that sounds awesome... :)

enlightenme

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2012, 08:39:27 AM »

Way to go Sunnybug and Barb!!  You're all doing great!!  I've only lost a few more pounds, but a few is better than none.  I'm considering rejoing weight watchers.  A friend of mine just joined their on-line program, but I don't think I would have the time to devote to that right now.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW