NativeMom72 - THE DIVINE FEMININE > Saving Our Animals

Protecting animals now - doing what we can...petitions, etc.

(1/28) > >>

Yowbarb:
There are a lot of petitions with action which will protect animals. I do not know what it would take to protect animals particularly sea animals, if the earth changes are cataclysmic, but anyway there are small things we can do now.
Here is a petition ...Change.org
http://www.change.org/petitions/tell-amazon-com-to-permanently-ban-the-sale-of-whale-dolphin-and-porpoise-meat?utm_medium=email&utm_source=action_alert

Dear Barbara Lou,
Last week, public outcry forced Amazon.com to pull over one hundred whale and dolphin meat products from its Japanese site. Consumers were outraged that the world's largest online retailer supported the killing of whales and dolphins -- and Amazon.com listened.
But now, Amazon.com is refusing to put a permanent ban in place to protect these animals in the future.
Melissa Sehgal, an Amazon.com customer, is in Taiji, Japan -- the site of an annual dolphin hunt that was exposed in the documentary The Cove. Every day she is witnessing how dolphins are captured and killed, and she wants Amazon.com to help stop it. That's why Melissa started a petition calling on Amazon to never again sell meat from dolphins and whales.
Click here to sign Melissa's petition asking Amazon.com to permanently ban whale, dolphin, and porpoise meat from its sites.
Tens of thousands of dolphins, whales and porpoises are captured and killed for their meat every year in Japan. The method by which they are killed is gruesome. "Rods are hammered into (dolphins) spinal cords to paralyze them," Melissa says. "And then they are dragged by their tails to the butcher house."
But Amazon.com has responded positively and quickly to consumer feedback before. Melissa also knows that further action from the online retailer could impact the trade in dolphin and whale meat since hunts are happening right now. Without an official policy, Amazon.com could start selling whale and dolphin meat again at any time.
Sign Melissa's petition to ask Amazon.com to put a permanent ban in place against selling dolphin, whale, and porpoise meat on its sites.
Thanks for being a change-maker,
- Pulin and the Change.org team
................................................................................................
Permanently Ban The Sale Of Whale and Dolphin Meat................................................................................................
Greetings,

I just signed the following petition addressed to: Amazon.com.

----------------
Permanently Ban The Sale Of Whale, Porpoise, and Dolphin Meat

Until recently, meat from dolphins, whales, and porpoises was being sold on Amazon.com's Japanese website. You quietly pulled those products from the site, but have refused to put a permanent ban on whale, dolphin, and porpoise meat in place.

Please put a permanent ban in place.

----------------

Sincerely,

[Your name]

another site which has a lot of these is Care2
- Yowbarb
http://www.care2.com/

Care2 - largest online community for healthy and green living ...

www.care2.com/

Largest online community empowering people to lead a healthy and green lifestyle while taking action on important causes such as human rights, animal ...

inselemel:
Hi barb, thanks for starting this topic, it is very very close to my heart. I know a lot of the targets of these petitions do not listen but a lot do. I have participated in campaigns petitions and email sending which have been successful e.g. Through Shark Angels and Shark Alliance which has successfully got Shark Fin soup banned from numerous cities throughout the world including cities in the US & Canada. I also have seen successful campaigns mounted by different animal charities one of which was to get a lot of airlines to stop the transporting of live animals for animal experiments which if you see the pictures are totally horrific, barbaric and totally unnecessary. I believe part of being a Service to others person is caring for all the other species on Planet Earth, we are the guardians of Mother Earth and all her inhabitants and we have let her down extremely badly but i firmly believe that as the motto goes 'sharing is caring' and the destruction that only the Human species has caused  CAN be turned around, even if it is just sharing a photo or signing and sharing a petition (it only takes a couple of minutes) - Collective Consciousness does work. There are so many dark souled people on this Planet that think any other species than 'Man' are inferior, well i don't think so actually i know that they are wrong and it is arrogant to think otherwise.

And i look forward to the day when humans do not mistreat or look down on any animal. For example - Look how unconditional a dog's love is whether it has been badly treated or not - i think they have a lot to teach Man/Womankind.

Yowbarb:

--- Quote from: inselemel on March 02, 2012, 02:39:21 PM ---Hi barb, thanks for starting this topic, it is very very close to my heart. I know a lot of the targets of these petitions do not listen but a lot do. I have participated in campaigns petitions and email sending which have been successful e.g. Through Shark Angels and Shark Alliance which has successfully got Shark Fin soup banned from numerous cities throughout the world including cities in the US & Canada. I also have seen successful campaigns mounted by different animal charities one of which was to get a lot of airlines to stop the transporting of live animals for animal experiments which if you see the pictures are totally horrific, barbaric and totally unnecessary. I believe part of being a Service to others person is caring for all the other species on Planet Earth, we are the guardians of Mother Earth and all her inhabitants and we have let her down extremely badly but i firmly believe that as the motto goes 'sharing is caring' and the destruction that only the Human species has caused  CAN be turned around, even if it is just sharing a photo or signing and sharing a petition (it only takes a couple of minutes) - Collective Consciousness does work. There are so many dark souled people on this Planet that think any other species than 'Man' are inferior, well i don't think so actually i know that they are wrong and it is arrogant to think otherwise.

And i look forward to the day when humans do not mistreat or look down on any animal. For example - Look how unconditional a dog's love is whether it has been badly treated or not - i think they have a lot to teach Man/Womankind.

--- End quote ---

Inselemel thanks so much for all you have done and continue to do , to help animals.
I do know for a fact these petitions help...
Keep On Keepin on and share the various methods here and what is happening...I have some catching up to do,
Yowbarb

inselemel:
Unfortunately, in this case the 'target' of MFA campaigning did not listen  and 'listened' to 'Big business or to be more precise Big Agricultural' but if the comments on FB are anything to go by it is just round 1.

"Despite the valiant efforts of MFA supporters nationwide, Iowa Governor Terry Branstad has bowed to pressure from "Big Ag" and failed Iowans, Iowa's farmed animals, and the American people, by signing into law a bill that makes criminals out of undercover investigators who expose cruelty to animals, corporate corruption, dangerous working conditions, environmental violations, or food safety concerns at factory farms."

http://www.mfablog.org/2012/03/shame-on-iowa-governor-signs-ag-gag-bill-to-protect-animal-abusers.html

Yowbarb:

--- Quote from: inselemel on March 03, 2012, 12:05:00 PM ---Unfortunately, in this case the 'target' of MFA campaigning did not listen  and 'listened' to 'Big business or to be more precise Big Agricultural' but if the comments on FB are anything to go by it is just round 1.

"Despite the valiant efforts of MFA supporters nationwide, Iowa Governor Terry Branstad has bowed to pressure from "Big Ag" and failed Iowans, Iowa's farmed animals, and the American people, by signing into law a bill that makes criminals out of undercover investigators who expose cruelty to animals, corporate corruption, dangerous working conditions, environmental violations, or food safety concerns at factory farms."

http://www.mfablog.org/2012/03/shame-on-iowa-governor-signs-ag-gag-bill-to-protect-animal-abusers.html

--- End quote ---

Mel, wow that is a situation to watch...
Thank You,
YB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version