Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Healing plants, herbs and foods  (Read 59419 times)

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Healing plants, herbs and foods
« Reply #225 on: August 12, 2018, 04:24:56 PM »
I use wild yam cream topically on a regular basis, per doctor's orders.  Can't imagine that being deadly, as it is a food and contains weak amounts of phyto-progesterone that are beneficial to post-menopausal women.  But maybe I underestimate the strength of homeopathics?

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #226 on: August 13, 2018, 07:41:33 PM »
I use wild yam cream topically on a regular basis, per doctor's orders.  Can't imagine that being deadly, as it is a food and contains weak amounts of phyto-progesterone that are beneficial to post-menopausal women.  But maybe I underestimate the strength of homeopathics?
I don't believe the material wild yam is deadly, as I also use it daily.  But the homeopathic wild yam is an energy version, and homeopathic remedies are usually for a specific ailment or condition, usually with a course of treatment, but not meant to take every day for the rest of one's life.

What I had been doing was gradually increasing the potency, beginning at 1C, and by 20C, I got the message to stop.  I realized later that the reason I was taking it was not a disease or medical condition, but more of a quasi-cosmetic reason.  Not necessary, but desired.  I just had not realized how powerful homeopathics can be.

But if a person has found that a particular potency of wild yam works for them, that would probably be fine.  Problem is, I hadn't found that perfect potency, and had probably accidentally gotten into potencies too powerful for my own good.

Is the wild yam you take homeopathic?  If so, which potency?

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #227 on: August 14, 2018, 06:59:01 AM »
Mine is a purely topical cream. 

Well, I have a fresh respect for the potency of homeopathics now!   :)

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!