Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: One aspect of the paranormal: Clearing your space of unwanted guests (spirits)  (Read 9740 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Just sharing some ideas.

Jim Farmer, in his Topic has posted up several techniques for protecting one's space from a variety of intruders.

This particular topic here deals mainly with a spirit without a body... friendly or unfriendly, easy to get rid of or not.
Going to share here some things  I either have tried with success or read.
Please feel free to post here if all this fits with your reality.

There are a few things I have done with success...to help get rid of pesky spirits or at least protect the person from their presence.
I don't have the reference just now. Most spirits I feel you can just inform them, they need to move on... I have helped a few spirits move on. Those are the friendly or stuck ones who don't really mean any harm. Others do mean harm. Forgive it, getting into my subjective reality here. This is all real to me.

A brief list.
Incense (I didn't have any sage.)
Salt in front of the doorway.
Salt on the person's outside windowsill.
Keeping a fan on
Keeping a light on
A few white candles
Garlic bulbs in the windowsills.
A really thorough cleaning of the space, with doors and windows open sweeping out with the intention of freeing up the space itself ...
Fresh lemon. Sliced open in the space.
A small bell rung at each corner of the home and saying, "This home is for the living please leave this home now."

I have read that for particularly nasty spirits it helps to put a convex mirror on the outside of the house, such as the outside wall of a bedroom, if that is the room where the spirit bothers the occupant.
I have read that a medium - sized mirror can be afixed to the entry door of the person's room, with the mirror facing inward. So the mirror is facing toward the door...
Something can be put up on the door to cover the mirror back.
I have read it is a bad idea to put a mirror facing a window it can invite bad spirits in. That last one is from Feng Shui.
One of the most valuable things I had read and applied: Bad spirits thrive on stagnant dark places. Have a light and a fan on.

- Yowbarb

« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 06:11:01 PM by Yowbarb »

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member

The one and only specific case that I have handled:

Something was making bumping noises and fiddling with the bedroom doorknob in a friend's apartment night after night.  So, one evening I went there and searched for the source by using my dowsing tool.  It was located in the hall closet at that moment.  I spoke to it, explaining that no benefit was obtained by its continued presence in the apartment, and that it would find peace by transferring to the astral plane, where it would be met and cared for by loving souls.

That worked.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival

The one and only specific case that I have handled:

Something was making bumping noises and fiddling with the bedroom doorknob in a friend's apartment night after night.  So, one evening I went there and searched for the source by using my dowsing tool.  It was located in the hall closet at that moment.  I spoke to it, explaining that no benefit was obtained by its continued presence in the apartment, and that it would find peace by transferring to the astral plane, where it would be met and cared for by loving souls.

That worked.

Jim, thanks for sharing this, and well done.
What I have done a few times is be willing to listen and the being tells me a story then I let the being know what the date is and that happened a long time ago, and the being is free to go on to their next lifetime, heaven or wherever they will feel free and safe. Sometimes beings do not know their body has been killed and/or they are so upset and shocked they are stuck there. I have helped un-stick a few, for sure.
Those are not the problem ones... I am honored to be able to help these ones.
Some are just troublemakers and need to be urged to leave. Using simple communication will work on many of them, but some are just there to bother someone, sometimes seriously. That's when the substances and sounds come in, the ones which discourage the spirit from hanging around the space... incense candles, etc. That's where some of the things you had posted in the other Topic on Protection, should come in handy.
- Yowbarb

inselemel

I have heard and read many times from professional mediums that you due to the 'Law of Free Will', if you think require extra protection, You have to ask for it, whether from your spirit guides, angels etc or whatever your belief system is. I know from personal experience - that you have to ask.

;)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
I have heard and read many times from professional mediums that you due to the 'Law of Free Will', if you think require extra protection, You have to ask for it, whether from your spirit guides, angels etc or whatever your belief system is. I know from personal experience - that you have to ask.

;)

That makes sense, Inselemel.  Someone in the household feels he is "bugged." This started before he moved here. I had found that salt in his doorway and on his outside windowsill, also some incense, white candles and having a light on and also a small fan all helped. I have said a few little prayers for him and for the home. I feel I should tell him he can ask for help in ridding the area of the unwanted presence. I am also going to get him (and another person) some orgonite and also smudge.  In the past no one I knew had a persistent situation fo an unwanted spiritual presence. We have always been able to tell them to move on, etc.
Thanks for the post, and ideas,
Yowbarb

http://www.examiner.com/article/burning-bowl-ceremony-letting-go-and-opening-up

'A white candle signifies healing, cleansing, purification."

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
BTW he lit the candles himself rang the bell etc.
Taking an active role in doing these things for oneself helps.
In the last place he lived (since ther were spirits there and the small noises were bothering him) he freed up a lot of spirits but the one stubborn bad one followed him. Sorry to creep anyone out but I feel that is true too...
I have hard the little tapping noises etc. One thing I read which I feel helps is the menthol or camphor such as in Vicks Vapo Rub. A dab on the forehead, chest (I put it on my upper back) and outside of nostrils...I have been in the habit of sleeping with the Vicks beside me... after the fact I read about the use of camphor (incense, etc.) to purify the space..

inselemel

Excellent ideas and posts yowbarb as usual! ;) When i watched or read about professional mediums going in to a place which there is negative unwanted spirits/energies, the medium asks for his spirit guide to help, and ask the guides to help take the unwanted energy to the Light, i know it sounds like Poltergeist the Movie but i know for certain that there are both good and bad spirits and energy forms. If the spirit/energy is stubborn etc the spirit guides calls on more help from that side of things.

I read that on top of all what you said having music on helps as well, mind you i suppose it depends on the music, playing Carmina Burana might not help  though ;D or that might just be the associations with that specific piece of music from the various TV and films, it's probably the individual's interpretation of whatever the music might be, though.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Excellent ideas and posts yowbarb as usual! ;) When i watched or read about professional mediums going in to a place which there is negative unwanted spirits/energies, the medium asks for his spirit guide to help, and ask the guides to help take the unwanted energy to the Light, i know it sounds like Poltergeist the Movie but i know for certain that there are both good and bad spirits and energy forms. If the spirit/energy is stubborn etc the spirit guides calls on more help from that side of things.

I read that on top of all what you said having music on helps as well, mind you i suppose it depends on the music, playing Carmina Burana might not help  though ;D or that might just be the associations with that specific piece of music from the various TV and films, it's probably the individual's interpretation of whatever the music might be, though.

Inselemel good idea...thanks for the reminder on the music.  :)
Good Thoughts,
Yowbarb

denasfarm

• Trusted Member
  • Bugged out and Bugging in!
    • Unique Titanium
We lived with several spirits when we lived in Shady Grove. I lived there for 11 years and my  husband was born and raised there for 30 some years.
http://www.hauntspot.com/haunt/usa/alabama/indian-meadows.shtml

Most of the spirits we encountered you could just say leave, or you are scaring the children you must stop this and leave. We had one named Al that we didnt ask to leave, he was my daughters best friend for years. This one had grown up in the house and had been killed in a motorcycle accident prior to his coming back to the house.

We had a couple the were angry and made us very uneasy. I tried Garlic, Candles and Salt in each doorway and outside. I even tried the salting the room perimeter, lighting a candle in the center of the floor, sweeping to the candle and blowing it out. Always kept cats in that house since they are the guardians to the gates of hell. Nothing ever worked 100% in that location! We moved! It has sold 4 times since then and I have wondered why.
When we were in TN my son moved back to Shady Grove to a nephews and said it all started again in his house. He moved back to TN afraid he was going to be posessed even thou we told him all kinds of ways to drive it away. Its strong there! Just driving through the area makes us all uneasy. Its amazing how many friends that grew up there have similar stories.

Now before moving into any other house I have done the salt candle sweeping thing and never had a problem anywhere else.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
We lived with several spirits when we lived in Shady Grove. I lived there for 11 years and my  husband was born and raised there for 30 some years.

Most of the spirits we encountered you could just say leave, or you are scaring the children you must stop this and leave. We had one named Al that we didnt ask to leave, he was my daughters best friend for years. This one had grown up in the house and had been killed in a motorcycle accident prior to his coming back to the house.

We had a couple the were angry and made us very uneasy. I tried Garlic, Candles and Salt in each doorway and outside. I even tried the salting the room perimeter, lighting a candle in the center of the floor, sweeping to the candle and blowing it out. Always kept cats in that house since they are the guardians to the gates of hell. Nothing ever worked 100% in that location! We moved! It has sold 4 times since then and I have wondered why.
When we were in TN my son moved back to Shady Grove to a nephews and said it all started again in his house. He moved back to TN afraid he was going to be posessed even thou we told him all kinds of ways to drive it away. Its strong there! Just driving through the area makes us all uneasy. Its amazing how many friends that grew up there have similar stories.

Now before moving into any other house I have done the salt candle sweeping thing and never had a problem anywhere else.

Interesting ideas. I haven't tried all of those.
Too bad about that house - basically unlivable until that spirit is removed?

denasfarm

• Trusted Member
  • Bugged out and Bugging in!
    • Unique Titanium

Its not just that house its the whole area. They built it all on a cherokee burial ground! They never bothered my husband nor us when he was home I guess because he is part indian. IDK...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival

Its not just that house its the whole area. They built it all on a cherokee burial ground! They never bothered my husband nor us when he was home I guess because he is part indian. IDK...
:) Yes of course, it is the whole area...I read a little bit of the article....
I think it's probably not such a good idea to build homes over the Native American burial grounds (or any burial grounds.) 

steedy

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
I think most of the problem stems from the fact of being built over an Indian burial ground.  People need to take that seriously and respect the Indian burial grounds.  I knew someone who's house was built over one and the chief would visit them and their guests frequently.  Can you blame him?  He was still trying to protect his tribe.  Where I live a couple years ago someone was digging near a mound and came upon remains.  They didn't go about reburying them correctly and that has always bothered me.  If I came upon Indian remains, I would contact a local tribe and ask them to help me rebury them properly and with respect.  Personally, I think I would cry if I accidentally uncovered remains like that.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
I think most of the problem stems from the fact of being built over an Indian burial ground.  People need to take that seriously and respect the Indian burial grounds.  I knew someone who's house was built over one and the chief would visit them and their guests frequently.  Can you blame him?  He was still trying to protect his tribe.  Where I live a couple years ago someone was digging near a mound and came upon remains.  They didn't go about reburying them correctly and that has always bothered me.  If I came upon Indian remains, I would contact a local tribe and ask them to help me rebury them properly and with respect.  Personally, I think I would cry if I accidentally uncovered remains like that.

Steedy, that's a good idea you posted about contacting the local tribe. There is a site I found yesterday, which I posted in the N.A. survival topic. http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=164.0
This is a small group which safeguards N.A. burial sites. They discover, or take reports of discoveries, document, verify and have the local tribe or corresponding tribe do the proper ceremonies. Then they attempt to safeguard the site permanently. Group site: http://www.keepersofindigenousways.org/id29.html

KEEPERS OF INDIGENOUS WAYS, Inc. a non profit...
- Yowbarb

steedy

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Excellent Barb, what a great resource that would be!  When those people in my area found the remains it really upset me and I thought then and there that if I find myself in the same situation, I would do everything I could to get the remains properly reburied.  I love and respect NAs so much I can't hardly describe how much.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!