Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Healing Ingredients  (Read 43013 times)

Yowbarb

Re: Healing Ingredients
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2013, 02:24:40 PM »
http://www.livestrong.com/article/264937-honey-for-skin-care/

Honey for Skin Care

Sep 29, 2010 | By Sarah Terry

Photo Credit honey pot with some honey image by Francois du Plessis from Fotolia.com 
Aside from being a natural sweetener and a coveted food substance since the beginning of time, honey also has medicinal uses and benefits for skin care. One of the most common medicinal uses for honey is treating wounds and burns. Before you apply honey to a wound or your skin, talk with your doctor about the potential health dangers and correct application.

History

Since before 700 B.C., people have kept bees to produce honey for both food and medicinal remedies, according to WHFoods. Honey has been used since ancient times in embalming, religious ceremonies, folk remedies and cooking. Honey's medicinal uses date back to ancient Greece and Rome, when the physician Hippocrates used honey as a topical treatment for lip ulcers and wound infections, and other ancient physicians used honey to treat diarrhea, constipation and coughs, notes the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.

Function

Honey contains large quantities of the sugars glucose and fructose, which have antimicrobial actions in high concentrations, explains the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.

When you apply honey to wounds or burns, these concentrated sugars could help prevent or treat infections, specifically from Staphylococcus bacteria strains, as well as E. coli and Candida albicans, WHFoods says.

Honey may also have the potential to lower cholesterol levels, improve your blood-sugar control, act as a laxative to treat constipation, ease allergy symptoms and reduce alcohol intoxication.

Honey appears to have cancer-preventive and anti-tumor actions, as well as

antiseptic properties that can help treat or prevent gingivitis and dental cavities, notes the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.

Uses

Honey is sometimes recommended for skin-care purposes like promoting wound healing and preventing bacterial or fungal skin infections, says the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Honey has potential benefits for treating wounds, burns and abrasions, notes the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. Manuka honey made from the pollen of the shrub appears to have anti-inflammatory and microorganism-fighting effects that can produce these types of benefits for wounds in your skin. If you undergo surgery, honey used topically in wound dressings may promote healing and prevent infections, points out the University of Maryland Medical Center. Don't apply honey to any wound or broken skin without first consulting your doctor, however.

Application

You might apply honey to the wound or burn by spreading a thin layer directly on the skin area or by applying a dressing soaked in honey to the area, says the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. These are simplest ways to use honey on minor wounds, scrapes, cuts and burns. But you shouldn't apply honey or a honey-soaked dressing to large, open wounds that are deep or severe, warns the University of Maryland Medical Center.
Warning

Honey is very safe, especially when you apply it topically for skin-care purposes. But if you have a pollen or honey allergy, you could have side effects or an allergic reaction, cautions the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. For skin care, use honey topically and don't ingest it. Keep in mind that honey consumption can cause infant botulism in babies younger than 1 year of age, cause elevated blood-sugar levels in people with diabetes and cause chemotherapy drugs to be less effective.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/264937-honey-for-skin-care/#ixzz2UuLQWoJb

Yowbarb

« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2013, 02:30:14 PM »
Yowbarb Note:
This is an article from The Healthy Muslim site, about the benefits of honey for colds and to combat viruses, fungi and other  infections of the skin. Honey helps with several other conditions.

http://www.healthymuslim.com/articles/gfvjl-honey-for-fighting-colds-viruses-and-skin-infections.cfm

Yowbarb

« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2013, 05:56:30 AM »
6 Natural Ways to Get Rid of Parasites | 3FC

www.3fatchicks.com › Diseases and Conditions‎

Sep 17, 2010 - Eating garlic has been known to kill parasites. When using garlic to treat ... Mixing honey and papaya seeds is a good strategy for killing parasites. A research study ... to drink lots of water. This will help to cleanse your system

Yowbarb

« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2013, 07:26:44 AM »
Yowbarb Note:
The "Mediterranean Diet," with its generous amounts of olives and olive oils has a good effect toward combating and preventing cancer. It has been known for awhile now that olive oils, oregano etc. have cancer killing properties, along with being anti fungal, etc.
Below is a link to a scientific abstract and a portion of it.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0308814612001859

Proliferative and apoptotic effects of olive extracts on cell lines and healthy human cells

Sevim Işıka, Corresponding author contact information, E-mail the corresponding author,
Aysel Karagöza,
Şeyda Karamanb,
Cevdet Nergizb
a Department of Biology, Fatih University, 34500 Buyukcekmece, Istanbul, Turkey
b Department of Chemistry, Fatih University, 34500 Buyukcekmece, Istanbul, Turkey

http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2012.02.020, How to Cite or Link Using DOI

Abstract

As a major component of the Mediterranean diet, olive and olive products have protective effects against several human diseases, such as cardiovascular diseases, neurodegenerative diseases and cancer, via their antioxidant activity. Olive’s beneficial effect is attributed to its phenolic content and fatty acid profile. In this study, effects of different types of olive extracts on cancer cell lines were evaluated. Proliferative, cytotoxic and apoptotic effects of olive extracts were investigated and gene expression profiles of cancer cells treated with olive extracts were analysed in AGS, Caco-2 cell lines and bone marrow human mesenchymal stem cells (hMSCs). Since topo IIα is essential for chromosome segregation in mitotic cells, the expression level of topo IIα can be used as a marker of cell proliferation. Expression level of topo IIα was checked by using RT-PCR. In vitro results revealed that AGS cell lines were more sensitive to treatment of olive extracts than were colon carcinoma models, Caco-2, and healthy human cells.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlights

► Different types of phenolic olive extracts show very similar in vitro effects on different cell lines. ► While phenolic olive extracts induce proliferation at low concentrations, they induce apoptosis at effective doses. ► Stomach cell lines are more sensitive to olive extracts in apoptosis than colon cancer cell lines and healthy human cells.

Keywords
Mediterranean diet;
Olive phenolics;
Cancer cell lines;
Apoptosis;
Proliferation;
Cytotoxicity

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0308814612001859

Yowbarb

Yowbarb

« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2013, 07:04:38 AM »
Yowbarb Note: Caution grapefruit can interfere with some medicines. Check with your pharmacist.

Allrighty then: I got this "meals that heal" instruction from Dr. Joseph Leininger, an old German - born naturopath. He had come to America before WWII. The Doc was eighty years old when I went to his little clinic in Hollywood. 1968.  He surely did not look eighty, more like 69-70. A very strong, alert person even though he liked his pizza and was slightly pudgy. Dr. Joseph Leininger. Excuse it, I am not sure about his name spelling. He wrote a book but I couldn't find it online.
I will be posting a few of his ideas...as I remember them.

Here is one for today.
•   Endive is a very rich source of MANGANESE.
•   You take the endive and wash it well (sea salt and cold water as you wash all greens)
•   Put it in a bowl
•   Wash off and cut a fresh grapefruit 
•   Put the juice all over it
•   Toss well
•   After a half hour the manganese will be in a much more absorbable state –
•   so you can get all the nutrition.
...................................................   
 :)

http://endive.com/sites/all/files/endive-ondeev.jpg

Yowbarb

« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2019, 10:26:40 PM »
Yowbarb Note: This simple salad has the healing ingredients of cucumber, watermelon, basil and mint.

Simple Watermelon Feta Salad with Cucumber, Basil, and Mint

https://www.saltandlavender.com/watermelon-feta-salad/
......………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
Image: http://theheritagecook.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/JGS_Watermelon.jpg

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Nutritional benefits of basil - WebMD - Better information ...
https://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/beautiful-basil

Fragrant fresh basil, for instance, offers a healthy dose of blood-clotting vitamin K-- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil provide 27% of the RDA -- as well as vitamin A, manganese, and magnesium.

R.R. Book

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2019, 04:58:20 AM »
Yum!  I really miss watermelon at this time of the year!

Yowbarb

« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2019, 11:27:26 PM »
Yum!  I really miss watermelon at this time of the year!

Lots of it in local stores, going to get me some!

Yowbarb

« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2019, 11:49:26 PM »
Not sure if I already posted this:
Aloe vera draws pain right out of the jawbone when there is a badly impacted wisdom tooth. I had to wait a few days - maybe it was 2 weeks, waiting to get three wisdom teeth out.
After the fact, the dentist told me the three wisdom teeth were grown way down into my jaws. He said I should have had my wisdom teeth out when i was about 17 years old. That was astounding to me. I had regular dental care through high school then had a couple appts while in college and no dentist mentioned about my wisdom teeth, The pain was like someone breaking the bone from the inside..Obviously there was no room for the wisdom teeth and the pain was excruciating.
A neighbor had just given me a piece of Aloe Vera a few weeks earlier to help me heal my lip. I had never heard of Aloe Vera (1978) I had a lip that just would not heal, and beginning to think I would need a stitch. I applied the Aloe Vera (cut off spines and cut a thin slice) and put the side with the green gel right onto my split lip.  After a few applications over a three day time period the lip had healed. She gave me a pamphlet on Aloe Vera. It said, it would not only heal wounds, it would draw extreme pain out of bones, such as a broken bone. So I put the Aloe Vera slices on the outside of the jawbones. Although it was only temporary it did draw the pain right out of the bone. I did have to also resort to strong pain med, just temporarily before the surgery but the Aloe Vera was very comforting and it drew the pain out directly. So I used it often before I got the three wisdom teeth out.

Another surprising use of Aloe Vera. 
Background to this: Some of my older kids and I were aware of Aloe Vera pretty well by 1983. The oldest daughter had been putting it on her skin at the first sign of a pimple. Her skin stayed really good. The kids knew I used it for my minor cooking burns and cuts. We had plants at home most of the time for years. One day my kids ran in and said a boy had thrown a brick at my daughter Jessica's face. I got a quick look, not broken but it was going to bruise really bad...I had her lie down and had some ice or cold towel on her face, and ran out to see if I could find the boy... Back soon and my oldest daughter had some something I had never heard of before, or thought of, She had quickly cut off thin strips of the Aloe Vera plant and placed them all over Jessica's nose and cheek area. Then she put bandaids to hold the Aloe Vera slices  on. She had Jessica lie quietly on the couch. So I just let her rest and keep that on. A few hours later she had to eat dinner and go to sleep for the night. The next day before school I looked at Jessica's face. There were no bruises on her face!!

To reiterate:
Aloe Vera helps shrink and heal adolescent pimples

Aloe Vera will heal cooking cuts and burns
"       "      will draw the pain out of a jawbone or any injured or broken bone.
                will prevent bruising if applied soon after an accident
                will heal up a split lip (my lip used to crack in the winter.)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 12:01:36 AM by Yowbarb »

R.R. Book

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #85 on: January 01, 2020, 07:01:13 AM »
Thanks for the reminder of the power of aloe Barb!  Maybe it would be a good storage item?

Would also suggest black currant seed oil for severe acne, due to the high GLA.

Yowbarb

« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2020, 07:20:49 AM »
Thanks for the reminder of the power of aloe Barb!  Maybe it would be a good storage item?

Would also suggest black currant seed oil for severe acne, due to the high GLA.

RR I'm not sure about how easy it would be to get the seeds to store. I have had several plants which where really low maintenance and after being neglected jn a corner, came to life with a little water over a period of days..
Black current sounds like a precious commodity and something which could be traded

https://homeguides.sfgate.com/grow-aloe-vera-desert-rocks-sand-67826.html

ilinda

« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2020, 09:18:41 AM »
Not sure if I already posted this:
Aloe vera draws pain right out of the jawbone when there is a badly impacted wisdom tooth. I had to wait a few days - maybe it was 2 weeks, waiting to get three wisdom teeth out.
After the fact, the dentist told me the three wisdom teeth were grown way down into my jaws. He said I should have had my wisdom teeth out when i was about 17 years old. That was astounding to me. I had regular dental care through high school then had a couple appts while in college and no dentist mentioned about my wisdom teeth, The pain was like someone breaking the bone from the inside..Obviously there was no room for the wisdom teeth and the pain was excruciating.
A neighbor had just given me a piece of Aloe Vera a few weeks earlier to help me heal my lip. I had never heard of Aloe Vera (1978) I had a lip that just would not heal, and beginning to think I would need a stitch. I applied the Aloe Vera (cut off spines and cut a thin slice) and put the side with the green gel right onto my split lip.  After a few applications over a three day time period the lip had healed. She gave me a pamphlet on Aloe Vera. It said, it would not only heal wounds, it would draw extreme pain out of bones, such as a broken bone. So I put the Aloe Vera slices on the outside of the jawbones. Although it was only temporary it did draw the pain right out of the bone. I did have to also resort to strong pain med, just temporarily before the surgery but the Aloe Vera was very comforting and it drew the pain out directly. So I used it often before I got the three wisdom teeth out.

Another surprising use of Aloe Vera. 
Background to this: Some of my older kids and I were aware of Aloe Vera pretty well by 1983. The oldest daughter had been putting it on her skin at the first sign of a pimple. Her skin stayed really good. The kids knew I used it for my minor cooking burns and cuts. We had plants at home most of the time for years. One day my kids ran in and said a boy had thrown a brick at my daughter Jessica's face. I got a quick look, not broken but it was going to bruise really bad...I had her lie down and had some ice or cold towel on her face, and ran out to see if I could find the boy... Back soon and my oldest daughter had some something I had never heard of before, or thought of, She had quickly cut off thin strips of the Aloe Vera plant and placed them all over Jessica's nose and cheek area. Then she put bandaids to hold the Aloe Vera slices  on. She had Jessica lie quietly on the couch. So I just let her rest and keep that on. A few hours later she had to eat dinner and go to sleep for the night. The next day before school I looked at Jessica's face. There were no bruises on her face!!

To reiterate:
Aloe Vera helps shrink and heal adolescent pimples

Aloe Vera will heal cooking cuts and burns
"       "      will draw the pain out of a jawbone or any injured or broken bone.
                will prevent bruising if applied soon after an accident
                will heal up a split lip (my lip used to crack in the winter.)
Wow!  Thanks for posting this eye-opener.  I've grown aloe vera for decades and knew only of its healing properties due to burns, etc., but had no idea about pain relief!  This is incredible.    It has been studied by many and the healing properties are well known, but the pain-relieving qualities are a wonderful bonus.

As an aside, while I was sitting in a doctor's waiting room about 10 years ago, I overheard a group of women talking about how much cancer there seems to be "around here" (Potosi, MO), and then one of the women said she was diagnosed with malignant melanoma, which had spread to her eyes.  She then began drinking aloe vera juice and said it took a while but eventually those little tumors that had spread to her eyes just "dried up" and disappeared and her cancer was eventually all gone.  I wanted so badly to interject and start asking questions, but was just far enough away that it would seem too butt-insky, so I didn't.  Wanted to know how much she drank, what brand, or did she make it herself, how often did she drink it, etc., etc.

Anyway, aloe vera is an amazing plant.

Yowbarb

« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2020, 12:42:12 PM »

Wow!  Thanks for posting this eye-opener.  I've grown aloe vera for decades and knew only of its healing properties due to burns, etc., but had no idea about pain relief!  This is incredible.    It has been studied by many and the healing properties are well known, but the pain-relieving qualities are a wonderful bonus.

As an aside, while I was sitting in a doctor's waiting room about 10 years ago, I overheard a group of women talking about how much cancer there seems to be "around here" (Potosi, MO), and then one of the women said she was diagnosed with malignant melanoma, which had spread to her eyes.  She then began drinking aloe vera juice and said it took a while but eventually those little tumors that had spread to her eyes just "dried up" and disappeared and her cancer was eventually all gone.  I wanted so badly to interject and start asking questions, but was just far enough away that it would seem too butt-insky, so I didn't.  Wanted to know how much she drank, what brand, or did she make it herself, how often did she drink it, etc., etc.

Anyway, aloe vera is an amazing plant.

ilinda, amazing! I had (never even thought about) Aloe Vera for, cancer, wow!!
Thanks so much for posting this!!

I am only guessing, but the straight plant gel mixed with a small amt of water and equal parts honey, that might be the way to use it as a med of that type, for cancer.
I also read that the purified type of gel is the kind to use for internal uses. Problem with that is, how many people will end up with little expensive bottles of purified gel, after a cataclysmic event.
ilinda you are knowledgeable about distilling medicinal tinctures - maybe you would know how to "purify" the plant gel.

Last example for now: back about 1986 I knew someone who worked with me, he mentioned, "I take the Aloe Vera to heal problems from one end of my intestinal track to the other."  Without taking it by mouth as a med, he got "really bad hemorrhoids." Pretty sure he used the straight gel from the plant, ate it. Many years ago I did see a recipe, the straight gel with honey...... (??)

I will add Aloe Vera plants to the alphabetical Barter List...
1-2 two starter plants, grow instructions, and a list of its uses - that would be an excellent barter list item - and one to distribute to healers in surrounding survival communities. also the word on these things could be shared on ham radio, of course.

Thks,
Barb T.

Yowbarb

« Reply #89 on: January 01, 2020, 12:47:48 PM »
UV Index where I am is really high, much of the time. I have had several squamous skin cancer spots taken off ..., recurrences etc.
In all this time, I had (not) remembered I  could be putting the straight plant gel right onto the spots. Now that they are mostly healed i can use that...
After upcoming re-check at dermatologist, will start using that...

I will also look for an article on uses of the Aloe Vera plant for cancer.

PS Not promoting any particular store! :) I happen to have a Amazon Holiday gift card so am buying plants for myself. 
big jugs of purified gel can be bought on amazon... AND plants!

Costa Farms Aloe Vera, Live Indoor Plant, 12 to 14-Inches Tall, Ships in Grow Pot, 2-Pack, Fresh From Our Farm
4.0 out of 5 stars 606
$17.99

I California, I used to see them for sale just randomly - a lot more. I tended to use it more because it was right there in front of my face to buy.

The plants can be bought or ordered at Wal Mart stores. Probably lots of other places...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 01:46:01 PM by Yowbarb »

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW