Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Some Shelter Ideas Carlq's topic renamed  (Read 34492 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Some Shelter Ideas carlq's topic renamed
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2012, 10:59:34 AM »
Hi All, I moved Enlightenme's post over here to join in on the discussion. Thanks Jim, Endtimesgal and Enlightenme for your survival ideas and questions,
Barb Townsend
Re: Sun Stuff 21 August to 21 December 2012
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2012, 06:37:59 PM »

Quote from: Endtimesgal_2012 on October 08, 2012, 07:59:29 AM
I have tried looking for places to go to avoid the CME's like Marshall described to do in the PX survival guide,  but have not really found a good place.  We do have a basement under our apartments, and I guess I could go down there, it may provide some protection, and my daughter has a basement under her two story house, I could go there, but how would one know when it would be safe to come out?  And I am unable to prepare it for staying any long period of time, (no toilet facilities)  I do have my radiation pills, but how do we know the government will even warn us of the event and so how to know when to take the pills?  I do have my BOB in my car, so I do have the means to cook and eat for a few days, and a sleeping bag to keep warm in, but as I said, no toilet facilities.

Enlightenme:
Endtimesgal, you pose some pretty good questions here.  I too feel that I need to get some more specific information.  It has been awhile since I read the two books with the most information and direction from Marshall, so I am going to need to review them again.  I remember reading some pretty specific directions on how to "bunker up" a basement with sandbags layered in the ceiling with wire, but I don't remember exactly where.  And I want to get that taken care of asap myself as soon as I get moved back into my house by the end of Nov.  I do know that I plan to keep several large buckets, the 5 gallon ones with lids for human waste (fairly crude, but a cheap solution none the less).  You know the ones I mean, they even sell a toilet seat that you can place on top of these buckets.  If you are storing some of your supplies in the buckets, you have an economic dual purpose item.  I hope some other members chime in here to answer more of your critical questions.  Unfortunately my knowledge of radiation pills, (do you mean potassium iodide?) and whether or not they should be taken in this instance, I am completely at a loss here. To my knowledge, they would only be helpful for an actual nuclear disaster.  I do know that in the event of a major nuclear disaster, they really are only to be taken for a short period of time and are really pretty limited in the way of protection from nuclear fallout.  There is more specific information on all of that somewhere here in the Town Hall, you can do a search from the homepage.  My back-up plan for the scenario that you mention, is a great underground cavern with a water supply not that far from where we live.  I think a big part of the problem (for me atleast), is not being able to know exactly how things will transpire to come up with my best survival plan a, b, c while trying to make it all happen on a shoe-string budget!

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2012, 04:27:03 AM »
Thanks Barb!

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #107 on: October 16, 2012, 05:10:36 AM »
endtimesgal...So I finally had a chance to review again Marshall's book "Planet X Forecast and 2012 Survival Guide" for the information on how to protect yourself from CME's and EMP's from a severe solar storm.  Actually, I think it is pretty good news for your basement scenario, depending upon how your building is actually constructed.  The information starts in the area titled "Coping with a Violent Sun", which is however, way to lengthy to go into complete detail in a post. 

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #108 on: October 16, 2012, 09:52:14 AM »
Yes, I am familiar with that part of the book, and that is where I will head if needed.  But I suppose we need to be sure the government tells us when it is necessary to take shelter, and I doubt they will do so.  Thanks for the heads up.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2012, 07:52:56 AM »
endtimesgal...So I finally had a chance to review again Marshall's book "Planet X Forecast and 2012 Survival Guide" for the information on how to protect yourself from CME's and EMP's from a severe solar storm.  Actually, I think it is pretty good news for your basement scenario, depending upon how your building is actually constructed.  The information starts in the area titled "Coping with a Violent Sun", which is however, way to lengthy to go into complete detail in a post.

Thanks for posting this info...

jim1253

• ?
« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2013, 04:45:57 PM »
Hi everyone, im new so matbe this has been thought of, what about a grain bin? Im thinking of. Building on with double walls and roof, please fill free to tell me what you think, thanks Jim

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2014, 04:25:33 PM »
Hi everyone, im new so matbe this has been thought of, what about a grain bin? Im thinking of. Building on with double walls and roof, please fill free to tell me what you think, thanks Jim

jim1253 I never saw your post until now. I'm not sure why.
I hope you are still coming here to the Planet X Town hall.
Are grain bins economical?
I suppose you know where to get them used too.
any more ideas on it?
It seems like if it was set in reinforced concrete with reinforcement on sides - that might work!
All The Best,
Yowbarb  PS I found this blog and an image.

http://www.naturalbuildingblog.com/

http://www.naturalbuildingblog.com/grain-bin-homes/     Natural Building Blog

« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 04:35:38 PM by Yowbarb »

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!