Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Some Shelter Ideas Carlq's topic renamed  (Read 55192 times)

destiny5756

Re: Some Shelter Ideas carlq's topic renamed
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2011, 12:17:33 PM »
Hi Everyone new to this so i ask for your patience.I have been planning my work,working my plan for some while now .i know the time will come when i will have to make the move .You see i live in Navarre ,fl right on the gulf of Mexico,have everything in place need several backup place to take me,wife and daughter.Have been thinking of caves,underground shelters,above ground shelters,etc.Have something to add! I n thinking of all the good and bad things that can happen with each,caves was my first choice,then i thought of something different out of the norm which would keep me vehicle mobile ,more then one way out ,well above sea level,built with reinforcements ,truly tested.Offer protection from emp, direct gamma and x ray radiation and the elements! What i am talking about are car and rail tunnels;checkout Wikipedia Just an idea !

chaunska

« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2011, 12:53:00 PM »
Welcome to TownHall Destiny.   Sounds like you have a good working plan. 

Eliphaz

« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2011, 02:02:35 PM »
Car and railroad tunnels are excellent places to protect a high number of people. I was thinking along the same lines a month ago, as my country doesn't offer too many natural caves.

Some preparation would be required in closing the entrances etc., and because the tunnels are either trafficked or otherwise can not be occupied with low profile, it seems very difficult to get done without the help of the authorities before the SHTF. I just wish there was a way and time for the preparations.

Samsara

« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2011, 06:02:25 PM »
Just so you know, if you click on the flags, you can change the language...

Hi Carl, Barb and all,

For those who can understand a little of spanish, there is an interesting video from Biovivienda (bio-home) which I found very interesting. The spanish spoken in the video is pretty fast, the way people from Spain (specially Madrid) love to speak. It is fast for me at least, not a spanish language native. But I do recommend watching it.

http://www.biovivienda.com/video-demo.html

BR to all,

Carlos

Carl thank you for posting this video,
Going to copy this and put it over in the European section.
International Survival > EU Continental > Miscellaneous videos, postings in German, French, Spanish etc.

https://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=311.0

Carlos, este v

enlightenme

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2011, 04:20:51 AM »
Well, thank heavens, it looks like I will be moving to a much safer location for 2012.  Still not the best, still not nearly exactly what I would want, but a much better step in the right direction anyway.  We have obtained a lease with option to buy, old farmhouse with a large barn and basement, well off the beaten path and just a little further inland from the coast.  When I realized, just lately, (you know like the lightbulb going off above your head), that I actually lived right on the road that would be the main route people would probably have to take to walk out northwest from Philadelphia, I figured gotta get out of here, and do it now!  Atleast, I will be able to feel somewhat safe there, and have enough room to store my supplies.  Here's to hoping for "not the worst" in 2012 and hopefully a somewhat doable survive in place situation.

inselemel

« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2011, 07:17:37 AM »
Well, thank heavens, it looks like I will be moving to a much safer location for 2012.  Still not the best, still not nearly exactly what I would want, but a much better step in the right direction anyway.  We have obtained a lease with option to buy, old farmhouse with a large barn and basement, well off the beaten path and just a little further inland from the coast.  When I realized, just lately, (you know like the lightbulb going off above your head), that I actually lived right on the road that would be the main route people would probably have to take to walk out northwest from Philadelphia, I figured gotta get out of here, and do it now!  Atleast, I will be able to feel somewhat safe there, and have enough room to store my supplies.  Here's to hoping for "not the worst" in 2012 and hopefully a somewhat doable survive in place situation.

Excellente  8)

enlightenme

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2011, 04:18:32 PM »
Thanks, though not looking forward to the move itself, you know moving really stinks, and right around Christmas no less...Geez!!!

Sunnybug

« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2011, 02:52:39 AM »
Have to agree that moving stinks lol - but I think in this case it will be worth it. Great that you found a better situation!  :D
Sunny

enlightenme

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2011, 04:04:57 AM »
Absolutely...Thanks!

friskyrobert

« Reply #99 on: November 25, 2011, 12:21:43 PM »
We just moved into a small gated mountain top community in Israel.  Most of our houses are made of thick reinforced concrete modules. I am taking the effort to bolt the module units for my house together with steel rods and bolts. At least this Will keep them together when the Earth shakes. Our community has a large bomb shelter, thick enough to withstand artillery. We are considering adding another shelter to expand the community with more people.  We have enough farm land for each family to have a large garden. Most people here cover them with big screen houses to keep out pest and filter the harsh sunlight.  8) I have a lot more work to do to prepare but, it is coming along.

enlightenme

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2011, 02:15:35 PM »
We just moved into a small gated mountain top community in Israel.  Most of our houses are made of thick reinforced concrete modules. I am taking the effort to bolt the module units for my house together with steel rods and bolts. At least this Will keep them together when the Earth shakes. Our community has a large bomb shelter, thick enough to withstand artillery. We are considering adding another shelter to expand the community with more people.  We have enough farm land for each family to have a large garden. Most people here cover them with big screen houses to keep out pest and filter the harsh sunlight.  8) I have a lot more work to do to prepare but, it is coming along.

Excellent!!  Sounds great, and I'm sure most of us still have a lot more work to do to prepare as well (I Know I for one, still do!!)  Had I only known two or three years ago what I know today, I would certainly be in much better shape preparations wise, but better now than never!

Jimfarmer

« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2012, 07:52:26 PM »
A reminder:  Avoid the use of metal, or any other material that conducts electricity, in shelters, because intense electrical storms are expected to be frequent and widespread during the pole shift and possibly before and afterwards.  Metal encased in concrete will heat suddenly, expand, and shatter the concrete.

Yowbarb

« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2012, 08:00:03 PM »
A reminder:  Avoid the use of metal, or any other material that conducts electricity, in shelters, because intense electrical storms are expected to be frequent and widespread during the pole shift and possibly before and afterwards.  Metal encased in concrete will heat suddenly, expand, and shatter the concrete.

Jim thanks for sharing this very important info,
Yowbarb

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2012, 09:50:51 AM »

Marshall describes how to build the protection for radiation in his book Planet X and 2012 Survival Guide, which every prepper should own.  It is indispensable, and is packed with all kinds of good information.  Unfortunately, I am unable to build it for myself, since the basement does not belong to me, and I am the only resident to have a key, since we residents are not allowed to use the basement anymore since it does not meet fire code as it only has one entrance/exit.  I am to use the key only in case of a bad emergency, and then I need to alert the other residents in the building so they can join me in the basement.  So I am trying to think of other solutions.  My daughter has a basement, but they do not believe in PX and they have a finished basement and would never let me build anything in it.

Yowbarb

« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2012, 10:20:42 AM »

Marshall describes how to build the protection for radiation in his book Planet X and 2012 Survival Guide, which every prepper should own.  It is indispensable, and is packed with all kinds of good information.  Unfortunately, I am unable to build it for myself, since the basement does not belong to me, and I am the only resident to have a key, since we residents are not allowed to use the basement anymore since it does not meet fire code as it only has one entrance/exit.  I am to use the key only in case of a bad emergency, and then I need to alert the other residents in the building so they can join me in the basement.  So I am trying to think of other solutions.  My daughter has a basement, but they do not believe in PX and they have a finished basement and would never let me build anything in it.

Endtimesgal
It's good to be reminded about Marshall's book. Also, I very much appreciate your sharing this. These are a very important thoughts, particularly since so many people are trying to figure out how to have that underground shelter they will need.
(I personally do not have it set up either.) Wishing you all the best...

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW