Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Is the man (or woman) in your life refusing to accept the reality of Planet X?  (Read 6500 times)

Endtimesgal_2012

In this article I am mainly focusing on men who do not want to face coming events and prepare for what is to come.  But since writing this article I have found many men who are complaining that their wives are either ridiculing them or totally opposed to prepping.  This is very sad.

It is always surprising to me that men seem to be the most reluctant to accepting the reality of a Pole Shift and what it will mean for all of us.   I think that is because men are creatures of habit, which is one of the reasons they do not handle divorce very well.  They seem so lost, unable to make a home for themselves, and many simply exist in apartments from one day to the next. Men surprisingly are usually creatures of habit, and feel the most comfortable with a routine.  To have to think that their world may be rocked unexpectedly and catch them unawares, can make them feel inadequate and so they do not want to consider the possibility.

I don’t know why I am surprised, but it is most likely because I was raised in a home where the man of the house ruled the roost.  He was the decider of all things, and the only breadwinner.  I was taught that men are the protector of women, and we should support him in all his decisions.  Unfortunately this does not always work out that way in real life.  I came to realize that men are just as insecure as we women are in many ways, and that they can make mistakes in judgment just as easily as we do.

Women are "nesters".  We always figure out how to make a comfortable home regardless of the size or condition of the dwelling we find ourselves in.  Women are the ones who keep everyone going, with clean clothes, hot meals, and the numerous little things like hot coffee in the morning, and some kind of sweet treat in the evening.  We arrange the furniture to surround the winter fire for coziness, and we open up the windows for those wonderful summer breezes. We somehow manage to make the best out of the worst of circumstances.

Men focus on the basics, like job security, and become immersed in routine.  Most men hate change of any kind, they like things laid out in a logical order.  Once they figure out a way to make their life work comfortably, ie, a career, 401K, health insurance, a home, a good reliable vehicle, and whatever "toys" they like, they feel secure that they have succeeded in making their life work for themselves and their family.

Consequently, when wives want them to face that all the things they regard as "security and success" is going to hell in a hand basket and that there is a need to change focus on preparing for it all to fall apart, they automatically reject the notion and some become so upset about the possibility, they will go strongly into denial, or even commence ridiculing you and trying to make you feel foolish for introducing the subject. This is because they have arranged their life in a satisfactory manner and they don't want to have to accept that all their hard work may be for naught.

This is when a smart woman backs off, and quietly commences a silent campaign to win the man over to her way of thinking.  I know it is frustrating to take things slowly, but gradually you can chip away at the rock so to speak and eventually win him over.  It is very important to not push the issue to the point that you force him to become adamant in rejection.  Once that happens, you are fighting a losing battle.

Quietly direct your husband by renting movies like 2012, The Postman, and watch documentaries on television that deal with Earth Changes, and the like. There is an excellent documentary that is repeated frequently on television which deals with a pandemic scenario which ends up affecting our entire way of life.  Watch for it to come back on again and try to get him to watch it with you.   Focus on the Red Cross and FEMA's recommendations that everyone should have an emergency kit for disasters.

If you have frequent power outages in the winter, focus on that for your reasons to stock extra supplies. Casually comment on the increase of earthquakes, and the changes in weather, and the solar activity, etc.  Let him tell you what he thinks about it all. This will help them to begin to notice what is happening all around. 

Whatever you do, do not “preach” about it, simply express interest or concern.
We women are often more intuitive, and able to recognize what is actually going to happen, and somehow we accept it easier than men. 

This is why a man and a woman make such a great partnership, because we complement each other.   So try to not become impatient with the men in your life and recognize that in order for them to do what is necessary for the welfare of the family, their focus become narrower than a woman’s.  It is the way most of them are hardwired. 

I am interested in how other women are handling this issue in their family.  What suggestions or encouragement do you have for us that have worked for you? 

« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 11:02:02 AM by Endtimesgal »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Is the man in your life refusing to accept the reality of Planet X?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 05:17:07 PM »
Some good ideas, Endtimesgal.
I am also aware that with many men, they need to sort of gently led along without their really knowing it.
Being a bulldozer rarely works...
However, if men got their way all the time things would be a real mess so it doesn't pay to be too weak. Men need the woman's viewpoint just as much... The Yin and the Yang, after all.  ;)
I have heard your suggestion before and I totally agree with you: (stock up because of "earthquakes" "tornadoes" or "you never can tell," instead of mentioning some global cataclysm.
It is a time-honored tradition in America to "put some things by" "put food up" etc.
All The Best,
Barb Townsend

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 05:24:32 PM »
Oh, not that I have to get too autobiographical, but "My Michael" passed away some years back.
He was a meteorologist and we used to do a bit of reading on how the carbon dioxide was starting to create more storms... Or so we thought that was the reason. That was back in 1993 and we had not heard anything about Planet X then.
He passed away before I had heard of Planet X. If he were here he would probably be getting land with me and bugging out...Bless him,
Barb T.

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 09:13:50 AM »
Last night I went to hear my son in law play (he is a professional musician) at Harrah's in  Lake Tahoe.  After the show was over, all the band members and their wives ate a midnight dinner together and we all had a chance to get better acquainted.  In the course of conversation, I found that three of the members have large gardens which they lovingly tend.  They all raise lots of fruits and vegetables and consequently can and freeze the excess.  I found out that none of them are preppers, but two of them believe that times will soon become much more difficult and that it is important to be as self sufficient as possible.  This thinking seems to be very prevalent these days.  It seems everyone I end up talking to are telling me the same thing.  If they are city dwellers, they are saying they have an overwhelming desire to move out of the cities and establish themselves in the country and disconnect from the standard of daily life most of us are involved in.  Some are not necessarily talking about relocating to the country but are making the best out of what land surrounds their city home and are planting fruit trees and growing huge gardens, even removing their lawns to make the most out of what areas they have for planting.  I found myself marveling at the fact that so many people seem to be on the same wavelength.

Mark Harbolt

• stringers
  • Prolific Member
  • Those that can, do.
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 07:37:47 PM »
Very reassuring.  We are not alone!

Marzstar

• stringers
  • Trusted Member
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 05:39:36 AM »
Man, try whole family, my whole family thinks I am nuts.  I just do my own thing preparing and say "you never know, better to be safe than sorry".  I have given up on the topic with my family members, it became too frustrating.  I live my days to the fullest, be with family as much as possible and save food and water and buy camping equipment at garage sales. 

Mar

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 07:36:30 AM »
Last night I went to hear my son in law play (he is a professional musician) at Harrah's in  Lake Tahoe.  After the show was over, all the band members and their wives ate a midnight dinner together and we all had a chance to get better acquainted.  In the course of conversation, I found that three of the members have large gardens which they lovingly tend.  They all raise lots of fruits and vegetables and consequently can and freeze the excess.  I found out that none of them are preppers, but two of them believe that times will soon become much more difficult and that it is important to be as self sufficient as possible.  This thinking seems to be very prevalent these days.  It seems everyone I end up talking to are telling me the same thing.  If they are city dwellers, they are saying they have an overwhelming desire to move out of the cities and establish themselves in the country and disconnect from the standard of daily life most of us are involved in.  Some are not necessarily talking about relocating to the country but are making the best out of what land surrounds their city home and are planting fruit trees and growing huge gardens, even removing their lawns to make the most out of what areas they have for planting.  I found myself marveling at the fact that so many people seem to be on the same wavelength.

Endtimesgal, I really enjoyed your post. That's great that people you meet are into growing a lot of their food, also feel some preparation needs to be done.  That is a good thing...
All The Best,
Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 07:41:28 AM »
Man, try whole family, my whole family thinks I am nuts.  I just do my own thing preparing and say "you never know, better to be safe than sorry".  I have given up on the topic with my family members, it became too frustrating.  I live my days to the fullest, be with family as much as possible and save food and water and buy camping equipment at garage sales. 

Mar
I'm sorry to hear that is happening...it would be good if you had at least one ally in your group. I am guessing - maybe down deep they do not really think you are nuts? Maybe they just can't confront it...
You might want to tell them that sometime this year the solar cycle will peak for the second time and the last time it happened with the sun being as inactive as it has been lately there was the "Carrington Event."    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_storm_of_1859

There could be fatalities from it, grid down in any places...For that reason alone, people need to have food, water etc. and of course a shelter under concrete would be good...
Best of Luck,
Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2013, 07:43:01 AM »
Very reassuring.  We are not alone!

Good to see your post...
All The Best...

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2013, 10:54:43 AM »
Yes, it is always very sad to me when I find couples who are not supportive of each other and won't prep together.  We all purchases Home Owners insurance, although the chances of ever using it is remote.  How much has the average person spent on home insurance over the past 10 years?  Do you hear anyone say:  "I'm cancelling my policy, it is a waste of money, nothing has happened in 10 years."  Of course not, we just keep paying the premium.  Same with our car insurance.  We hope to  never have to use it, but we feel more secure knowing we have it.

So the same attitude should be taken about prepping.  Many of these people will be very regretful if the time comes and they do not have the things necessary for survival.  And even FEMA pays to air television commercials trying to subtly make us aware of the necessity to prepare.  (I personally think they could be a bit more forthcoming and maybe then the commercials would make more of an impact.)

Many households today simply fly by the seat of their pants daily and have never budgeted for anything, let alone keeping a good supply of food in the house.  I have a daughter who does this, she never buys food for more than one or two meals at a time.  Prepping sounds rediculous to her, she has the attitude that when it starts to be feasable to do so, she will run down and load up her shopping cart.  She actually tells me they cannot afford to buy a supply of groceries, and somehow thinks they are actually saving money by eating out several times a week.

Sometimes just calling a family meeting,  and quietly and calmly going over a few possibilities of what could happen, and mentioning the economy as well, could help get these objections out of the way. Do not raise your voice, and do not act superior in any way.  You are informed, they are not, and it is your job to gently open their reasoning so an awareness can start to happen.  If they start to become defensive, slow down, lovingly reassure them that you do not want to argue, this is to have a friendly, low key discussion to find out what the beliefs and oppositions on both sides are about so this disagreement can be resolved. 

If they attempt to leave the room, quietly ask them out of love for you to please just sit down so we can discuss this and air our different opinions.  Be prepared to really listen and do not ridicule their lack of understanding or knowledge.  And sometimes they will oppose a discussion because it is too frightening to think of the possibilities.  They prefer to live in a little bubble and do not want their boat rocked.  Bend over backwards so to speak to calm them and yet you must be firm to get the discussion going and cover all you need to discuss.  Allowing things to get out of hand, or postponing the discussion until "later" will never do.  So be sure to pick the right opportunity for this discussiion which will most likely take several hours.

Food supplies can be rotated,  camping supplies can be used on weekend family outings, water is cheap to store.  Weaponry is sometimes a huge issue.  I personally believe weaponry is an important posession. Sometimes one just has to sit down, and quietly, calmly, discuss the reasons for prepping and then let the other person state the reasons why they do not want to.  Sometimes it is simply because the person is totally unimformed on what is happening in our world today.  Giving a crash course and trying to cram all the information you yourself have learned over the years in one afternoon is not going to work.

Sometimes doing things like watching ED Dames "Killshot"  (which does not really talk about PX directly, but does indicate there are some huge disasters coming down the pike.), and the Red Cross has a lot of literature also about the necessity of prepping, as well as FEMA,  Just because it is not on the cover of popular mainstream magazines and on the evening news, does not mean it will not happen.  Then discuss what supplies are necessary and try to get the objecting person to participate by giving some input of what they think is important to add to the list.  And finally, if the person is simply totally opposed, it may come down to you clearly stating:

1:  It is really hurtful to me that you say you love me, but then you ridicule me for my strong belief in preparing for this so I can feel more secure that I will have the necessary supplies to help us get through what may happen and not starve, etc.

2.  I understand that you are opposed to this course of action and consider it to be unnecessary, but every fibre of my being tells me I must do this.  It is not a "hobby", it is part of my strong love of you and our children that makes it imperative for me to purchase what items I deem necessary for our survival, even if it means tightening the belt in other areas.

I recognize your need to have (examples):  Fishing or hunting supplies, or to trick out your truck, or to have new clothes, your nails done, go to the tanning booth, shop the sales, and I am not saying you must cease doing those things that make you happy, but my emotional well being is also important.  I suggest we establish a budget on these items so both our needs can be met without recriminations.  I will support your wants and needs, (within reason) and you must do the same for me.  This is what loving couples do. 

If necessary remind them that "love"  is all inclusive with "respect"  not ridicule.  Even if they do not agree with the necessity of prepping, if they do love you as they say, they will respect your need to prepare, including not criticising you to others in private, and will keep what preps you do have as a family secret and not tell everyone  what new item you have purchased and what you already have.  I have seen this done a lot and it strongly indicates a division in the family, and a lack of respect for one's partner.  When you truly love someone, you want them to be happy and you are supportive.  How many times have we endured a sport or activity we had absolutely no interst in simply out of love for our partner since it was so important to them?

Then you both need to mutually agree on a set amount to be budgeted every month for purchasing supplies.  And make this activity more important by keeping a spread sheet on what you have in supplies so far, as well as a list of what still needs to be purchased.  If you can get the other person involved in the planning stage, they will be more inclined to take an interest rather than simply tolerating your need to prep.

Under no circumstances should you simply give up and let your family ignore your strong need to prepare.  You will be very sad if you do so and then are at the mercy of others when things go south.

I am reluctant to say this, but if your spouse is adamant that they will not work with you on this, after assuring them of your love, you will have to state that you feel so strongly about this matter, you will have to prep without them, as sad as that makes you feel.  As one of a partnership, your needs and convictions are just as important as theirs.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 11:07:31 AM by Endtimesgal »

Mark Harbolt

• stringers
  • Prolific Member
  • Those that can, do.
At times, I've had family member's attention.  They have shown an interest.  And, as they have I have shared more, including my secret stash (cached stores).  BUT!  They soon turn back to being cynical.  Because, even though they are not ready, "IT" didn't happen soon enough.
I've been in this forum for quite awhile.  This is a 'tortoise and hare' journey for me.  I can sprint, now, but I had to pace myself and build up to my current state of preparedness.
I'm going to my great grandson's third birthday party today.  In the planning stages family members have already asked if grandpa is bringing his 'Bug Out Bag'?  It never ends.

Thanks for being here!
Mark

Endtimesgal_2012

That is unfortunate.  Maybe you need to go to the people who say such hurtful things individually, and tell them that you are hurt that they would joke about something so important to you.  Tell them you feel it is disrespectful to you and that if they really cared about you, they would not make such comments.  When they tell you, "I was just kidding, ha ha!"  Tell them that it is not a subject to be kidding about and you are regretful you ever shared your concerns with them in the first place, and that they can be assured you will quit doing so from now on.

And I would speak to my wife and let her know that this subject is not up for a family discussion and that if she truly loves you she will not indulge in such conversations and will be more supportive of your efforts since your motivation is to be able to protect and care for her and your family.

I know that dealing with family is hard, and in laws even harder, but they are disrespecting you, and you need to put a stop to it.  Stand up for yourself and tell them all that you do not like these, "jokes" and you do not want to hear them again.  They may not like it but if they are decent people, they will respect you for standing up for yourself.

I realize that you meant well in sharing, but I have discovered in my own life that a man is rarely a prophet in his own country, so to speak, and it is usually not good to share what preps you have with others.  But don't worry, once things start to happen, they will remember you have the answers and they will beat a path to your doorstep,
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 11:26:26 AM by Endtimesgal »

Mark Harbolt

• stringers
  • Prolific Member
  • Those that can, do.
That is unfortunate.  Maybe you need to go to the people who say such hurtful things individually, and tell them that you are hurt that they would joke about something so important to you.  Tell them you feel it is disrespectful to you and that if they really cared about you, they would not make such comments.  When they tell you, "I was just kidding, ha ha!"  Tell them that it is not a subject to be kidding about and you are regretful you ever shared your concerns with them in the first place, and that they can be assured you will quit doing so from now on.

And I would speak to my wife and let her know that this subject is not up for a family discussion and that if she truly loves you she will not indulge in such conversations and will be more supportive of your efforts since your motivation is to be able to protect and care for her and your family.

I know that dealing with family is hard, and in laws even harder, but they are disrespecting you, and you need to put a stop to it.  Stand up for yourself and tell them all that you do not like these, "jokes" and you do not want to hear them again.  They may not like it but if they are decent people, they will respect you for standing up for yourself.

I realize that you meant well in sharing, but I have discovered in my own life that a man is rarely a prophet in his own country, so to speak, and it is usually not good to share what preps you have with others.  But don't worry, once things start to happen, they will remember you have the answers and they will beat a path to your doorstep,

Thx

Marzstar

• stringers
  • Trusted Member
I'm sorry to hear that is happening...it would be good if you had at least one ally in your group. I am guessing - maybe down deep they do not really think you are nuts? Maybe they just can't confront it...
You might want to tell them that sometime this year the solar cycle will peak for the second time and the last time it happened with the sun being as inactive as it has been lately there was the "Carrington Event."    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_storm_of_1859

There could be fatalities from it, grid down in any places...For that reason alone, people need to have food, water etc. and of course a shelter under concrete would be good...
Best of Luck,
Yowbarb

Thx Barb

Mar

Endtimesgal_2012

Good point Barb.  Very good point!

Just aside, I read a book the other day written by Nate Berkus, the designer.  In it he talks about being on vacation with his partner, staying at the Sta Dust Hotel in Sri Lanka when the 2004 tsunami hit.  There they were, two successful people, plenty of income, life was very good, and in a moment, disaster hit, and Nate's partner was never found afterward, and Nate survived with nothing but a pair of underwear.  No wallet, no passport, no clothes, just lost the love of his life.  It was a terrible thing, that tsunami, and it took the lives of hundreds of people, many losing family members or loved ones in a twinkle of an eye.  So we may think to ourselves, "my life is in control, nothing bad will happen," and one just never knows.  Life as we know it could suddenly change forever.  It does not have be be Planet X, it could be our Sun, or many other disastrous events no one ever suspected would happen.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!