Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Can we survive on our own ?  (Read 8173 times)

Beachguy

Can we survive on our own ?
« on: April 22, 2010, 11:48:56 AM »
This topic was orphaned from the old board and Marshall allowed me to pick it up here...  just moved up the line really.   But it fits well with what we are talking about in the other threads.

Here's a place to start:   If we "bug out" either by staying put in survival mode or by actually moving to a different place - can we really make it alone?   When I ponder this - my gut feeling is no, not really.  What are your thoughts?

Pbandpk

Re: Can we survive on our own ?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 01:27:25 PM »
I'll chat with you since I don't have anything to do LOL.

First define "alone".

Second define "survive".

Beachguy

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 01:34:26 PM »
I'll chat with you since I don't have anything to do LOL.

First define "alone".

Second define "survive".

By alone, I guess I'm thinking of a small family unit.   Remember - this won't exactly be like the days of the settlers moving West - IMO.   There won't be well stocked supplies from the East and the only thing to fear is the indians... no slam intended in that remark but only to try and make a point.  There will be folks all around who have nothing and no way to buy it or a place to get it from.

By survive - I don't know.  To me, survival means shelter, some food, and relative safety.   I believe it TOTALLY depends on how things unfold as to if this is going to be remotely possible.   

Pbandpk

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 01:45:16 PM »
By alone, I guess I'm thinking of a small family unit.   Remember - this won't exactly be like the days of the settlers moving West - IMO.   There won't be well stocked supplies from the East and the only thing to fear is the indians... no slam intended in that remark but only to try and make a point.  There will be folks all around who have nothing and no way to buy it or a place to get it from.

By survive - I don't know.  To me, survival means shelter, some food, and relative safety.   I believe it TOTALLY depends on how things unfold as to if this is going to be remotely possible.

The highlighted part, like you said, will ultimately determine everything.

I truly believe you can make it with a small group.

Dania22

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 07:31:42 AM »
I personally think, that safety is in numbers and in the case of total chaos, the more the merrier. I feel if you haven't established the who and who's of your group yet, it may get harder and harder to trust people as the time goes by. People are getting weary of each other, more so now I think, than before. Time is of the essence friends.  I don't know about anyone else, but for me, it's imperative that if you're going to reach out to people, do it now while they're still in the "nice to meet you mode".

8hertz

• Lifetime
  • Prolific Member
  • pax
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 08:07:35 AM »
What about establishment go well at the current time but well things get from bad to worst and the members break apart.  They will be fighting over bad ideas, direction and resources (Water and Foods).  Will interviewing really meet and satisfy this argument. These are tough and very hard question for individual, we need to question and answer these ideas before hand in order to meet our objective.

8hertz

Dania22

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 09:15:10 AM »
It's a start. To sit here and worry about groups "breaking apart" right now to me is irrelevant. Right now is what matters, getting in contact with people of like-mind and DOING something!  That "crossing the bridge when we get to it..." will apply later. Right now, there's people that are hopeless, and not sure where to turn, there are also people that newly awakened but can't do much because of limited funds. These are the people that I'm speaking of. The people of TODAY, that want to make it through. You have to start trusting now. I'm reaching out to those....

Souz

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 06:10:03 PM »
dania22...you got it right...plenty of people faced with excruciatingly difficult decisions AND finite resources....it is not  easy nor feasible to up-and-go at the flick of a switch , especially when you are not alone.....bad enough to scrap one's retirement plans :( ... and your kids [6] college and college and university plans [some already underway]...basically,  everyone's life blown apart...more so , when your income is tied to your assets/home  [as in a farm]...and life still goes on....for most, moving  far away to safety is just not possible....the best that can be done is to find a site relatively close by that meets as many survival criterias as possible....and that IS a real challenge....

noproblemo2

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 06:17:35 PM »
souz, first Welcome to Town Hall. Yes for most it is not feasible to up and move, in which case one should prepare/provision as best they can for survival in place, if possible bars on windows, pleanty of food, water, first aid items, and self protection as allowed by ones state or country. Also if like-minded people are nearby to set up a means of communication for if/when the grids go down walkie talkies could come in handy. As best one can be ready to defend you and yours. Good luck and again welcome.

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 09:44:18 AM »
If water starts to rise here, near Lake Erie,the Appalachian Mountains are to the east. In a survival situation, I will travel until I feel safe. Hopefully it won't be private property. If the water rises too much, it will become public property, real quick, fast and in a hurry. Maps of areas to possibly survive are a good idea. National and State Parks are open to public. If your land is my only path to get there, try not to be angry at me and mine.  ed

noproblemo2

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 09:59:08 AM »
Totally agree Ed, our path will be toward the Mainland moutains right thru bad guy turf, but that's life. Gotta do what one has to do.

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 10:11:41 AM »
I figure that, if the land is changing, then the ownership is too. I'm not gonna stay and drown, when I can migrate to higher ground, which happens to be the Appalachians, here.  When I am at an area I think is liveable, at least for a little while, then I will stay there until I think we should move. Of course, with maps, making it to gov't land is the desired destination.  ed

augonit

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 04:18:11 PM »
I've always felt that if someone is starving, then I can't be too upset if they take a couple tomatoes or beans or whatever from my garden. (I even have the same feeling about animals).  I don't hold a grudge if you take a little bit for your own survival.  However, I've often wondered if I'd be so generous in the after times when people may take advantage of this and take all I have.  If you were to walk through my property, go right ahead.  As long as you don't destroy anything I won't mind.

noproblemo2

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 04:30:21 PM »
People will be afraid and starving, so to think they will only take "a little" is not going to happen they will take all they can get their hands on and then some. Be prepared to defend "numero uno" first......

augonit

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2010, 04:38:47 PM »
I guess I hadn't considered the fear factor.  I was sorta hoping people would be nice and respectful.  Remember how connected we all were right after 9/11?  I thought it would be like that.  People watching each other's back because we'd all be in the same boat.  I guess I've been naive.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY SMART AND DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME

This book needs to be on your survival checklist because it offers a simple path for visioning, leading, and supervising the creation of an effective survival communications strategy.

Learn more...