Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Can we survive on our own ?  (Read 8982 times)

noproblemo2

Re: Can we survive on our own ?
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 04:43:13 PM »
This unfortunately will be a global event, everyone who is not awake prior to the events will be rudely awakened and in my book scared to pieces, most will not have a clue as to what to do, let alone how to grow a plant for their own foods. Security will be a vital factor between life and ........

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 06:13:44 PM »
Auggie, watch the movie 'The Road".  ed

Frisky Robert

• Trusted Member
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2010, 02:20:34 AM »
Hey, the road was interesting.  I think it was a very realistic pridiction of how it would be in some places.  But the movie director/screen writer did not understand survival tactics in that, they showed the father and son making large fires in the open at nite. That would draw too much attention for the "bad guys". Fires should be made small and within some concealment.  The other thing was, these main characters traveled on the main roadways, another big no-no. The main roads are for all the main preditors. Remenber that! When preditory people can't go to the grocery store, they will go to the homes and then to the biways and pathways. When I used to hunt deer, I would stake myself out on the deer paths. The best tactic is to be where you need to be before anything happens. Travel, even with "official" permission will be almost non-existant in a serious regional emergency. In addition to official road blocks you will have pursuits and road blocks forn gangs.

In a lecture I attended, the speaker mentioned research done by the Gov't on what makes the difference for individuals to survive or not survive a societal collapse. They wanted to advise their Embassy employees if, they were caught in those situations. They interviewed people who survived the civil wars in countries like Lebannon, Angola, Rodesia, Liberia and, Rawanda. They found with only few exceptions, that people who had money, intelegance, strength, and even political connections, did not survive much but, mostly only those that prepared in advance for it survived.
Start where we are
Use what we have
Do what we can

Dania22

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2010, 07:48:06 AM »
The Road.....wow! I think the hardest part(s) for me was in the beginning of the movie, when mom made the decision to leave behind hubby and baby and go out into the "night" to die. I could never see myself and any mom that I know personally doing that! That made me upset. Leaving behind your child because you feared what was coming! >:(

And, the other part, when dad was teaching son how to use the last bullet to kill himself if needed to. Dad knew he was dying and wanted no harm to come to his young son, I understood that, yet, I've had mixed feelings about that. the decision that we will be faced with.....wow! Can we stand when the time comes? My prayers.....that we are all embolden to do what we must, and not do what we must not, when the time approaches. For guidance and strength to carry on.

Alfred Williams

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2010, 06:03:32 PM »
Well put dania22 When things begin to happen the informed will bring cooler heads to the tumult{{:>)
It is not what you know.
It is what you do with what you know!!

Eva08

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2010, 11:38:01 PM »
I am trying to get my neighbors interested in growing some of their own vegetables etc. If everyone around us has a garden they will not look into mine when the time comes... but guess what ... there's no interest ... very frustrating...When and if something happens - all hillsides have been brush cleared -- I am choking thinking about it... even with my own garden we will be hard pressed making it. I'll try to talk to churches next...locally -- if everyone around would just plant some seeds - the 500 seeds from the cantaloupe and cut a potato from the supermarket and bury it and start feeding the earth with some compostable vegetable scraps -- we can make it -- we can all make it -- god given life is so abundant.... but no, the agendas still so prevalent...
Can we survive alone? Someone needs to cultivate the soil and work the soil... no survival alone is not possible - a family unit is the bare minimum - actually a couple families... just my opinion... please, comment;

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2011, 12:04:43 AM »
I am trying to get my neighbors interested in growing some of their own vegetables etc. If everyone around us has a garden they will not look into mine when the time comes... but guess what ... there's no interest ... very frustrating...When and if something happens - all hillsides have been brush cleared -- I am choking thinking about it... even with my own garden we will be hard pressed making it. I'll try to talk to churches next...locally -- if everyone around would just plant some seeds - the 500 seeds from the cantaloupe and cut a potato from the supermarket and bury it and start feeding the earth with some compostable vegetable scraps -- we can make it -- we can all make it -- god given life is so abundant.... but no, the agendas still so prevalent...
Can we survive alone? Someone needs to cultivate the soil and work the soil... no survival alone is not possible - a family unit is the bare minimum - actually a couple families... just my opinion... please, comment;

Hello Eva and Happy New Year.
I agree, even if time is short, we do not know how short, exactly - it is good to begin planting things both indoors and outdoors. Avocadoes and potatoes in a jar, planters full of tomatos and berries.. Corn in the yard... cabbages onions potato squash... It will all help...
Linda has posted some good ideas about dehydrating foods. She dehydrates her own garden foods and also what she gets in local farms.
Canning has a precision to it, but once it is mastered it is a good solution and excesses of produce can be canned. (I haven't done much canning.)
I agree better to do something than nothing. One idea I had posted awhile back is to have some steel containers with garden implements, perhaps even a buggy and tack, planting supplies and some live small trees and plants. When the high winds start the door could be shut and they should be ok for awhile. Some kind of waering system or if time and money are short -just water them good and let them ride it out.
Domestic animals will need a shelter... If a steel container even it would need to be reinforced in the middle and sides. If buried it should have some reinforcement on top too... Would need some sort of drainage and a ventilation pipe.
All The Best,
Yowbarb

noproblemo2

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2011, 05:31:22 AM »
Welcome Eva08 to Town Hall.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2011, 06:52:56 AM »

Eva well, all this is probably not anything you don't know - some ideas. Definitely best for at least one family group to team up for survival. A cluster of shelters on some land probably the best scenario.
Many millions of people will be not able to get survival land, land so will do the best they can where they are, meaning their basements, homes back yards.  As time goes by maybe people will gravitate toward those who are most level headed and calm and practical and capable of working together in a group. People will find one another it could be neighbors, club members etc.
I agree - it is not the best idea for people to try to survive totally on one's own. 
There will be a lot of people - especially middle aged to older men, though doing just that, trying to survive on their own - burying their vans, securing the sides and top - rigging up whatever they can in the way of ventilation and to get through the worst of the earth changes. Some people just do not have any close contacts near them or anyone inviting them to go help build a shelter in a group, so these people  are already preparing to survive in place as best they can. Digging in.

Best of luck in finding some neighbors or new friends who have similar ideas of survival...

augonit

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2011, 08:30:20 AM »
Eva, you go girl!  I admire your determination to get more people interested in the very simple, yet vitally important idea of home gardening.  I also tried to get people, where I used to live, interested and met resistance.  But keep keeping on.

Linda

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2011, 12:01:35 PM »
Hi Eva and welcome.  Looks like you will have to be the pioneer and hopefully some will realize from your example, don't give up. Who would have thought in  a place like Detroit they would be tearing down abandon houses and creating community gardens in their place to help feed their people. Some just have to see things in action I guess.

Good Luck
Linda :)
Linda :)

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

Eva08

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2011, 12:11:41 AM »
Thank you all - and Happy New Year!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2011, 08:30:55 AM »
Thank you all - and Happy New Year!

Happy New Year and best of luck in all your endeavors.
 :)
Yowbarb

AG

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2011, 07:21:18 PM »
1. for answer is : no. We need to work as group.
2. We will need to prep er in advance as this is a long term change , not few weeks and you go back home. There will be no home to go to.
3. Is hard to pull a group of people in this . As we can see this group is more advanced in knowledge but everybody is into "individual" stuff. Only a good size of people can work it out as is so much work to do and you need to have few locations to move fast into one new as the changes may force.
4. Look at government, they work the underground cities ( there grave in fact) for so many years. They have a plan just if there plan will prove to be wrong at the end at least they have one.
5. I try to group with some individual and I found out is just hard to unite people. All the time they will have there agenda and such.

What is your finding in this as myself I like to build a community with some supply and special constructions into it ( mostly with trailers and a little underground) , just a Noah Earth boat.
Now is possible the New Madrid Fault with teach us a lesson ( I hope in this lesson no nuclear plants blow up). That is going to be the "wake up punch" probably , but the media will "calm the population" and say rebuild , rebuild. From that more will come and so on.
We know what is going to happen in general but working together I found to be the most impossible task of all.

AG.

noproblemo2

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2011, 03:54:56 AM »
AG, seems as if you have really been preparing.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW