Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Shelter homes which blend into the surroundings  (Read 2258 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Shelter homes which blend into the surroundings
« on: February 09, 2013, 05:55:49 AM »
Posting here a few ideas and images for shelter homes which blend into the surroundings.
I realize there is a bit of an overlap - some shelter ideas will already be posted in other Shelter Topics.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 06:45:56 AM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Shelter homes which blend into the surroundings
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 06:13:27 AM »
An earth - sheltered home from Simon Dale.
An image of an earth sheltered virtually invisible home posted on David Darling page.

http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/E/AE_earth-sheltered_house.html

Sheltered structure Kadiak photo

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 07:02:00 AM »
Great Pics!  ;D

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 06:00:13 PM »
Great Pics!  ;D

;)

Here's a image I grabbed off the net. Originally someone called it a "Redneck tornado shelter."
I say it might work pretty good as long as it is not right next to a lake or river or in a flood area. As long as it is secured better so no winds can get in and rip doors off etc. Would have to secure the outside door to the underground and put some chamo over it rocks and etc. and then enter it from inside the house. In case high winds tear the house clear up off the foundations there would have to be some kind of seal so people could go in the bus and not have that entry door to the bus torn off. Maybe some reinforced door fastened securely inside bus...
Notice how the house has a basement and someone has build a concrete thing out connecting to the side of the bus. Looks like they have use of the whole basement and the bus too. More could be done to make it secure and virtually invisible. I would dig down and have food stores buried near the bus with access from inside the bus...
- Yowbarb

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=171910  Buried School Bus = Storm Shelter

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 09:31:15 AM »
I like these ideas where they are set into the ground.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 10:31:42 AM »
I like these ideas where they are set into the ground.

Yeah, me too.
This lady has some ideas. I just found this... I think I had previously grabbed some images from there but hadn't read it. All I would emphasize is really good reinforcing... :)

http://cyranette.wordpress.com/2012/06/19/building-for-natural-disasters/  Cyranette's Blog

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!