Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: What to tell your children about Planet X  (Read 11922 times)

Linda

• Prolific Member
What to tell your children about Planet X
« on: April 28, 2010, 06:11:18 PM »
How much information should we give to younger children? We don't want to scare them, so how do we go about making them aware without making them apprehensive?

My children are older, but I still have to be careful with my daughter, she goes into panic mode instantly if she thinks her world is threatened. So that is my dilemma with her, how to give her a heads up without her flipping out. I have tried to approach the subject, but it's a slow go.

Let me know how you have handled telling your kids, even if they are adults.

Linda

Linda :)

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

1969quartz0

• Members
  • Prolific Member
Re: What to tell your children about Planet X
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 07:45:04 PM »
Linda I got lucky there my youngest got me to check it out in early 2008, I had heard about it years before but never looked into it, both my boys are on the fence but they both believe something is up with both man made problems and natural problems. As far as getting someone to listen the only way I could think of is show them info. on weather changes droughts solar flares the Earths magnetic field earthquakes seed banks etc. etc. and talk with them if they have questions, other then that? a pushy person may push them away or make then think we are odd and not credible. We want to help but if a person does not want to be helped and wants to stay in a world they feel safe in, we are limited in what we can do until they are ready I know it would be great if everyone look at information with a open mind and then decide what to think after truly taking it all in. I went a little off topic young ones, my boys are 19 & 22 if they were a lot younger I am not sure I would tell them everything but I would make it into a game or teaching tool to help them in the future storing and rotating food hand tools fixing things being green by generating our own power making a very strong tornado shelter gardening etc. etc.

Linda

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 08:04:59 PM »
You know Quartz, my youngest son is the one who told me about Planet X and 2012 survival guide. He said his boss was talking about the subject and recommended he read the book. He read it and watched some of Marshall.s videos, said it all made sense to him but he does like to talk about it because the subject gets him depressed. So he talked to me about it, I watched the videos on youtube, ordered the book and subscription and the rest as they say is history. For me it just resonated with me, it felt like I had known this, like I woke up and said oh yeah I forgot I knew this! Of course that doesn't mean I didn't have a few emotional ups and downs as I learned more about it, but I have made my peace with it.

Good ideas for teaching young kids though. I guess I'm glad I don't have any real young kids, it would be difficult.

I know we can only show people what is going on in the world and all the evidence that there is out there. But you do feel like the lone ranger in this a lot.

Thanks
Linda

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 11:22:04 AM »
Quoting 1969 Quartz0 a part of what he said;

"...my boys are 19 & 22 if they were a lot younger I am not sure I would tell them everything but I would make it into a game or teaching tool to help them in the future storing and rotating food hand tools fixing things being green by generating our own power making a very strong tornado shelter gardening etc. etc."

I think this is wise in general to not say much when they are younger.
We will have to divulge more communicate more as the time approaches... when it really looks imminent.
All The Best,
Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 11:24:05 AM »
Linda I can relate to what you said about remembering something and also about being
the lone ranger...
Yes, indeed.

- Yowbarb

Korath

• Members
  • Trusted Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 06:59:29 PM »
I began talking about this  subject to my 15 year old.. and within a week later I received a call from his mom (we're no longer together) about how stressed out he was.. and that he ws talking about how it was pointless to even consider the future as anything worth wild.. I had to do some major damage control.. again like it was mentioned above his perfect world was threathened and he went into freak out mode..   

now we do not discuss it with him in the room..

I guess he'll have to deal with it when it happens..
Earth First! - we'll strip mine the rest of the planets later.

Linda

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 04:55:58 AM »
Korath, I can really understand that from a 15 year old considering that's a very emotional age. It's difficult to know how to handle it, but it will stay in the back of his mind and he may prepare in his own way.  When things get crazy he won't be blindsided by events.

Linda

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 06:21:13 AM »
I began talking about this  subject to my 15 year old.. and within a week later I received a call from his mom (we're no longer together) about how stressed out he was.. and that he ws talking about how it was pointless to even consider the future as anything worth wild.. I had to do some major damage control.. again like it was mentioned above his perfect world was threathened and he went into freak out mode..   

now we do not discuss it with him in the room..

I guess he'll have to deal with it when it happens..
Korath I do empathize with you. I know what it's like to have someone get upset with (me) over something I said or shared with my kids.  It's not fun.
Well I shouldn't get into giving any advice...

Shortened my post...
Yowbarb
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 03:36:51 AM by Yowbarb »

Korath

• Members
  • Trusted Member
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 08:05:58 AM »
oh he is at my house all the time.. he sees my books.. and all my notes.. and he knows what I am researching almost every night.. but I guess he over looks it.. he doesnt ask  about any of it.. he knows I am preparing.. hell anyone that came over my house can see I am preparing.. lol..  some of my friends brush it off.. funny tho, ones that thought I was crazy like 8 months ago I guess did their own research and now they are slowly asking me more and more questions.
Earth First! - we'll strip mine the rest of the planets later.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 08:12:35 AM »
oh he is at my house all the time.. he sees my books.. and all my notes.. and he knows what I am researching almost every night.. but I guess he over looks it.. he doesnt ask  about any of it.. he knows I am preparing.. hell anyone that came over my house can see I am preparing.. lol..  some of my friends brush it off.. funny tho, ones that thought I was crazy like 8 months ago I guess did their own research and now they are slowly asking me more and more questions.

Korath
Oh I get it now he is actually there a lot. A good thing.
Looks like a "sea change" in public opinion and a person is not as likely to be called a tin foil hat if he
mentions possible coming earth changes Planet X etc.
Keep on a keepin on. I admire that you are preparing and your son will learn from you. I know, it's a balancing act.
Best of good fortune,  to you and all your family...

_ Yowbarb

Linda

• Prolific Member
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 12:40:38 PM »

Well then, he will know where to go and what to do by watching Dad, way to go! It's funny about people, they will watch and observe, then a lot of times those things awaken something in them. Peoples knee jerk reactions when we tell them outright are to make fun, simply because it shakes up their world.

Barb LOL on the "tin foil hat" remark, loved it!

Linda

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 09:09:01 AM »
Hi Linda and all,
haha

"Walter" on Fringe, one of my Sci Fi Channel shows I watch:

........................................................................................
A lot of us "Boomers" are tin foilers.  - Yowbarb
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 09:14:48 AM by Yowbarb »

Linda

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 10:18:07 AM »
LOL Barb ;D

Linda

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 07:14:51 PM »
LOL Barb ;D

Linda

I love Walter
 8)      8)         8)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 07:16:42 PM by Yowbarb »

Mistah Ceza

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 11:11:18 PM »
I have been lucky, my 15 year old daughter has taken everything I've taught and shown her very well. She's always been open minded and a free thinker since birth. She normally has nightmares after horror movies but didn't after she was exposed to all the truth. You just have to know your childrens mind state and work with it not against it. Children the younger they are the more open minded they will be.

Mistah Ceza

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!