Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Fracking. Leaking and exploding pipeline disasters in the US  (Read 29675 times)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Fracking. Leaking and exploding pipeline disasters in the US
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 06:12:47 AM »

ilinda -wow that is amazing. That is so well done that you fought that good fight and won.
There are some areas now where fracking has been abandoned...
Several years ago I signed some petitions I came across an Appalachian mountain grass roots organization as part of my Melungeon ancestry research...

I know it's OT, but what is Melungeon?  A new word/name for me to learn!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 09:05:28 AM »
Unfortunately the Melungeons.org site, domain up for sale. The woman who was a major force in Melungeon ancestry research, Nancy Sparks Morrison has passed away. I met her online when she replied to some Townsend research posts of mine. I joined her Melungeons topica group which no longer exists. I will post the rest of this in a separate Topic I will start in the Southeast area. Need more room for fracking. Or rather, anti-fracking.  ;)  - Barb T.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 11:22:43 AM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 09:33:47 AM »
Sorry this is a bit off topic although it does relate to Appalachia and other areas besieged with fracking.
Below is one intriguing photo which is part of Brent Kennedy's book. Such intelligent and interesting faces...I feel...
Ramey females 1916, Brent Kennedy ancestors. Melungeon family with some Roma gypsy names

steedy

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2014, 06:08:54 AM »
This is interesting stuff.  I am from Appalachia, but I've never heard of this.  All I know is that the Scotch-Irish, and Irish settled the area.  In my hometown a lot of Italians settled there too, but I think that was in the 30's or 40's.  Before the Europeans, the Native Americans were here, but didn't seem to have many permanent settlements.  I'd like to look this up.  I've heard that some believe the Native Americans are the lost tribes of Israel, so maybe it's true.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2014, 11:59:34 PM »
This is interesting stuff.  I am from Appalachia, but I've never heard of this.  All I know is that the Scotch-Irish, and Irish settled the area.  In my hometown a lot of Italians settled there too, but I think that was in the 30's or 40's.  Before the Europeans, the Native Americans were here, but didn't seem to have many permanent settlements.  I'd like to look this up.  I've heard that some believe the Native Americans are the lost tribes of Israel, so maybe it's true.

Yes, it really is fascinating stuff. Not everyone believes the theories of Brent Kennedy but I am compelled to believe just about all of it.
I do believe the Turks and Sephardic Jews who were brought here did intermarry with some Native Americans. The shipwrecked Scotch Irish sailors and the abandoned British sailors of African origin surely married the native American women as well. Brent Kennedy had noticed the people here and there in the south who looked "Middle Eastern," including his own brother. People try to discredit him but I believe it...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 05:52:26 AM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2014, 08:39:19 PM »
Fracking - Hydraulic fracturing   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fracking#Politics_and_public_policy

Politics and public policy edit   
The considerable opposition against hydraulic fracturing activities in local townships has led companies to adopt a variety of public relations measures to assuage fears about hydraulic fracturing, including the admitted use of "mil¬i¬tary tac¬tics to counter drilling oppo¬nents". At a conference where public relations measures were discussed, a senior executive at Anadarko Petroleum was recorded on tape saying, "Download the US Army / Marine Corps Counterinsurgency Manual, because we are dealing with an insurgency", while referring to hydraulic fracturing opponents. Matt Pitzarella, spokesman for Range Resources also told other conference attendees that Range employed psychological warfare operations veterans. According to Pitzarella, the experience learned in the Middle East has been valuable to Range Resources in Pennsylvania, when dealing with emotionally charged township meetings and advising townships on zoning and local ordinances dealing with hydraulic fracturing.[171][172]
Police officers have at the same time recently been forced to deal with intentionally disruptive and even potentially violent opposition to oil and gas development. In March 2013, ten people were arrested[173] during an "anti-fracking protest" near New Matamoras, Ohio, after they illegally entered a development zone and latched themselves to drilling equipment. In northwest Pennsylvania, there was a drive-by shooting at a well site, in which an individual shot two rounds of a small-caliber rifle in the direction of a drilling rig, just before shouting profanities at the site and fleeing the scene.[174] And in Washington County, Pennsylvania, a contractor working on a gas pipeline found a pipe bomb that had been placed where a pipeline was to be constructed, which local authorities said would have caused a “catastrophe” had they not discovered and detonated it.[175]
Media coverage[edit]
Josh Fox's 2010 Academy Award nominated film Gasland [176] became a center of opposition to hydraulic fracturing of shale. The movie presented problems with ground water contamination near well sites in Pennsylvania, Wyoming, and Colorado.[177] Energy in Depth, an oil and gas industry lobbying group, called the film's facts into question.[178] In response, a rebuttal of Energy in Depth's claims of inaccuracy was refuted on Gasland's website.[179]

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2014, 09:25:57 PM »
Tonight someone close to me told me there are all kinds of jobs up north in North and South Dakota.
He was all excited at having work once this gig is over. People with no or low overhead raking in the bucks, working hard but getting paid for it well and stably. Then I said wait, is it the oil industry - turns out the big booms in those states are (probably) mainly fracking.

I'm not a real expert on fracking, but read an article in the Bloomberg News called, Fracking Boom Leaves Texans Under a Toxic Cloud. It turned out to be so depressing I could only manage to capture a few pages . I get the idea. It is an abomination upon the land. Whatever is going on up in the Dakotas is probably even worse. I advised the person to not sell his soul and go work there.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-02-20/fracking-boom-leaves-texans-under-a-toxic-cloud.html

Fracking Boom Leaves Texans Under a Toxic Cloud

« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 09:42:59 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2014, 03:53:42 AM »
KENS 5 San Antonio

http://www.kens5.com/news/We-want-out-of-here-Residents-blame-ailments-on-oil-field-toxins-206688131.html

'We want out of here': Landowners blame ailments on fracking fumes

by Joe Conger / KENS 5  Follow: @joe_conger 

Posted on May 8, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Updated Thursday, May 9 at 12:16 AM

KARNES CITY -- Like beacons, the flares in Karnes County draw attention to one of the biggest and most profitable oil and gas finds in the world.

Under the light belching from the towers, Mike Cerny takes a puff of medicine in what is now an empty inhaler.

Cerny and his wife say the inhalers and medicines the family takes now eclipse the royalties their property earns from fracking.

“When you see your son with up to three nosebleeds a day, something’s wrong with this picture,” Myra Cerny said.

At first, she thought it was “time” that was taking its toll on their bodies.

“But it was coming on too fast, the symptoms," Cerny said. "And others the same age -- I have a twin sister -- aren’t sharing the same problems.”

But with every bit of gas and oil being extracted, the family noticed changes in their health. The flares are supposed to burn off unwanted gases, but the family noticed clouds of black smoke erupting with the flames.

“We are totally surrounded," Cerny said. "And no matter which way the wind blows, we’re getting downdraft from one or the other."

Worried, the Cernys contacted the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.

In August and September, investigators with the TCEQ visited two units near their home. The leaking hydrocarbons are invisible to the naked eye, but are picked up as black smoke with the TCEQ’s infrared cameras.

The Cernys said their fears were realized when the TCEQ found the operator, Marathon Oil, was out of compliance.

“When they’re burning black and not operating right, like we’ve seen here, you have up to 250- pollutants raining down on your head," Cerny said.

According to TCEQ documents, methane, propane, butane, and hydrogen sulfides were in the noxious mix. The benzene emissions alone were reportedly four times over the legal limit.

The Cernys said it was the exposure to Benzene -— a known cancer-causing compound -— that matched their symptoms.

“That’s when we put things together. Well, that’s everything going on with our health. And we knew it was surrounding us,” Cerny said.

“Once you inhale it, your liver picks it up. And it is really what happens in the body that makes it carcinogenic,” said Dr. Andrew Brenner, a neurooncologist at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.

He said chronic, long-term benzene exposure is dangerous and can lead to blood cancers.

“People get leukemias, or you can have damage to your stem cells and their bone marrow. That results in an inability to make their own blood cells,” he said.

The Cernys said they’re breathing that air around their home 24 hours a day. Now the family worries about their growing boy, Cameron.

“It’s like a CSI episode: You picture the chemical going in their fragile lungs and what it is doing to their body. And you wonder, 'How much longer do they have?'”

The TCEQ made two recommendations to Marathon Oil: the company installs an alarm or monitor to make sure the flare is working properly, and that Marathon reports emissions problems within 24 hours.

The oil company received no fines from the state agency.

“We want out of here,” Mike Cerny said.

The Cernys said they are not alone in their suffering.

However, other nearby residents were reluctant to come forward, telling KENS 5 they have family working the oil and gas fields. Complaining, they said, could cost them their jobs.

The Cernys believe the industry may have already cost them their health.

“Death,” said Mike and Myra Cerny simultaneously.

“That’s all I can think. Death,” the worried mother said. “Seeing our son die maybe before us. That’s all you can think.”

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Gas Explosions Nationwide
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2014, 03:55:51 AM »
I saw some news coverage on the many explosions that happen while oil and gas are being transported.
I had no idea it was that bad. Rail cars over on their sides by the side of the tracks...fire and explosions...
The industry is not handling this right and it is not keeping people safe...

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2014, 08:56:56 AM »
many explosions that happen while oil and gas are being transported.
I had no idea it was that bad. Rail cars over on their sides by the side of the tracks...fire and explosions...

NEW YORK — An explosion on Wednesday leveled two New York City apartment buildings, killing two people, injuring 17 others and sending smoke billowing above the skyline.

The blast happened after a neighbor reported smelling natural gas.

All as predicted by zetatalk, due to twisting of the North American tectonic plate.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2014, 09:24:03 AM »
Jim Farmer, thanks for your post.
I have no doubt that earth movements are a contributing factor in many disasters nowadays.

I simply post info I have about negligence, or an undue amount of explosions which are generally human-caused as part of this board, Man-Made Disasters.

Next time I will post a link to the documentary, etc.

- Barb Townsend

steedy

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2014, 12:34:24 PM »
I can't help it, but every time I hear of earthquakes, I get this picture in my head of the Earth shuttering, as if it's shaking off fleas.  I've had this image in my mind for just a few years now.  I never told anyone before.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2014, 01:18:15 PM »
I can't help it, but every time I hear of earthquakes, I get this picture in my head of the Earth shuttering, as if it's shaking off fleas.  I've had this image in my mind for just a few years now.  I never told anyone before.

steedy, thanks for sharing your perceptions...
I have had some strange things pop into my head, too...lately - but I couldn't even tell you just now what they were.

Sometimes perception can be very odd.

For example, many years ago my kids were home with their Dad. It was a school morning but I had some late night work and was about to jump on the bus from Hollywood to Pasadena, when the Whittier Quake hit. One of my kiddos told me later on, at the moment when the little house started shaking, he got a crazy picture of an angry giant shaking the house.  We went through a few quakes. Not long after that, my son was out on the baseball diamond, at school. This one kid swung his bat back for a big hit. One of those knock -them - out - of - the - park hits. At that exact second the bat met that ball, the whole playground shook so much my son fell right on his bum! Most of the kids did. They had been going through a couple quakes recently, so most of them were laughing, instead of feeling afraid.

Marzstar

• stringers
  • Trusted Member
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2014, 01:56:42 PM »
Steedy

Thank you for sharing your post.  Crazy as it sounds, I have had the same quick vision/sensation.  I also get a vision/sensation as though there is just too many buildings, cars, people and like...how should I say it, like a rug that needs to be taken outside and beaten to be cleaned.  I feel or sense that Earth is at that point needing a BIG cleaning, and then a sigh of relief will overcome Earth and Her saying ahhh that feels better.  I hope this makes sense.   :)

Mar 

steedy

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2014, 04:47:22 PM »
It does make sense.  I have always thought of the Earth like a body.  It has lungs, blood, etc.  So, it's like it's a living, breathing thing.  I can see how too many buildings for instance would be like it's too heavy for the Earth to support anymore, especially when we keep taking stuff out of her.  It's like we take, take, take, and not many of us give back to the Earth.  I think one way we can give back, would be enriching your soil organically.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!