Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Fireballs, comets, meteorites, meteors and asteroids  (Read 138460 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Fireballs, comets, meteorites, meteors and asteroids
« Reply #645 on: April 12, 2019, 06:11:23 PM »
Here is the closest approach I have seen listed for some time.  0.6 Lunar Distances. 2019 GC6

http://www.spaceweather.com/

Asteroid              Date(UT)          Miss Distance         Velocity (km/s)      Diameter (m)

MadMax

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #646 on: April 13, 2019, 05:19:39 AM »
Wow that’s close!!  ??? ???
"Ignorance is Bliss" - (Agent Smith the first Matrix Movie)

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #647 on: April 13, 2019, 07:13:52 AM »
That's coming up on Thursday...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #648 on: April 14, 2019, 07:04:10 AM »
Wow that’s close!!  ??? ???

2019 GC6 -
It is relatively close and the closest in awhile, but still approx this distance in miles: 143,313.6

Supposedly, one Lunar Distance = 238,856 miles, 
so if you multiply that by 0.6 (0.6 lunar distances) it gives about 143,313.6

(Is this about right?)
I was looking up the heights of satellites I think it will not interfere... (?)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #649 on: April 14, 2019, 07:08:34 AM »
That's coming up on Thursday...

That's right... Or could be overnight Wednesday... ?

https://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=2019%20GC6&orb=1

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #650 on: April 18, 2019, 02:36:19 PM »
https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/green-meteor-burned-so-bright-it-was-seen-from-vermont-to-south-carolina/700080

April 18, 2019
Green meteor burned so bright it was seen from Vermont to South Carolina

By Brian Lada, AccuWeather meteorologist and staff writer

A fireball blazed over the mid-Atlantic on Tuesday night with hundreds of people witnessing the meteor as it lit up the night sky.

A fireball is an incredibly bright meteor that illuminates the entire sky as it burns up in Earth’s atmosphere. Tuesday night’s fireball lasted much longer than a typical shooting star, being visible for nearly 10 seconds, according to videos showing the phenomenon.

Despite burning up near the coast of southern New Jersey, the fireball was visible from hundreds of miles away. Many of the reports on the American Meteor Society’s (AMS) fireball event page came out of the Washington, D.C. area, but some said they spotted it as far south as South Carolina and as far north as Vermont.

The light from the meteor was so intense that the lightning detector on the GOES-16 weather satellite detected the fireball.

People reported that the fireball glowed blue and green in color, with one person even observing that an explosion could be heard as it blazed overhead.

The color a meteor glows as it burns up in the Earth’s atmosphere is related to its chemical composition. Different chemicals and elements will emit different colors.

MadMax

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #651 on: April 18, 2019, 03:23:45 PM »
The light from the meteor was so intense that the lightning detector on the GOES-16 weather satellite detected the fireball.

Wow Barb, thanks for posting !!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #652 on: April 18, 2019, 03:37:08 PM »

Wow Barb, thanks for posting !!

MadMax, wondering if any connection with the object which was supposed to come close last night or today...
When that meteorite hit Russia there was a close approach at the time. tptb said no connection.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #653 on: April 18, 2019, 04:07:04 PM »
https://www.space.com/near-earth-asteroid-2019-gc6-flyby.html?utm_source=notification://www.space.com/near-earth-asteroid-2019-gc6-flyby.html?

A House-Size Asteroid Zipped by Earth Today

By Hanneke Weitering 5 hours ago Science & Astronomy

It was less than half the distance to the moon

An asteroid the size of a house gave Earth a close shave today (April 18), passing nearer to our planet than any other space rock will for the rest of this year — that is, as far as we know.

Named 2019 GC6, the asteroid was discovered by NASA's Catalina Sky Survey near Tucson, Arizona, just last Tuesday (April 9), nine days before it flew by Earth. The giant rock made its closest approach this morning at 2:41 a.m. EDT (0641 GMT), when it whizzed by our plant at a safe distance of about 136,000 miles (219,000 kilometers), or slightly more than half the average distance between Earth and the moon.

At the time, the asteroid was traveling at a relative speed of about 12,600 mph (20,300 km/h), according to NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory. NASA estimated that the speeding space rock's diameter is "within a factor of two" of 49 feet (15 meters), which means it may be up to 98 feet (30 meters) wide.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #654 on: April 19, 2019, 07:12:54 PM »
Ditto, Barb, thanks for posting.  It appears there were two meteors, one on April 16 and one on Apr 18, but when was that one seen over Russia?  Were there three?  It's difficult to keep up with all the fireballs and meteors.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #655 on: April 22, 2019, 04:23:49 PM »
Ditto, Barb, thanks for posting.  It appears there were two meteors, one on April 16 and one on Apr 18, but when was that one seen over Russia?  Were there three?  It's difficult to keep up with all the fireballs and meteors.

Hi R.R. I should have mentioned the Russian one I referred too was the Chelyabinsk one, clear back on Feb 15, 2013. I had posted about both events that day...
OK found, it was[
(2012) DA14

https://www.space.com/19742-asteroid-2012-da14-flyby-surprising-facts.html
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-europe-24553733/moment-meteor-exploded-over-russian-city

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/asteroids/news/asteroid20130215.html  Russia Meteor Not Linked to Asteroid Flyby
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 04:39:41 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #656 on: April 22, 2019, 04:43:59 PM »
Yowbarb Note: I am not an astronomer. Previously about 2-3 times I posted, I think there was a connection between the Russia Meteor hit in Chelyabinsk on Feb 15, 2013 and the close approaching object, (2012) DA14. Pretty hard to not believe that.
Here is a link to a NASA article, have not read it yet. Article says the two objects had a very different trajectory.

Not Linked to Asteroid Flyby  https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/asteroids/news/asteroid20130215.html

MadMax

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #657 on: April 22, 2019, 05:39:11 PM »
Interesting report Barb!

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #658 on: April 22, 2019, 06:21:58 PM »
Yowbarb Note: I am not an astronomer. Previously about 2-3 times I posted, I think there was a connection between the Russia Meteor hit in Chelyabinsk on Feb 15, 2013 and the close approaching object, (2012) DA14. Pretty hard to not believe that.
Here is a link to a NASA article, have not read it yet. Article says the two objects had a very different trajectory.

Not Linked to Asteroid Flyby  https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/asteroids/news/asteroid20130215.html
I feel there's a connection also.  Plus, thinking there's a connection with the two objects, and the PX system, somehow.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #659 on: April 22, 2019, 06:29:34 PM »
Interesting report Barb!

Yes. I need to dig deeper read it thoroughly and try to decide if it is true or not. (Decide if it is true what NASA posted about no connection between the asteroid and the Chelyabinsk event.) It may not be possible for me to decide for sure but it seemed way to much of a coincidence when it happened.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW