Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Losing weight: A place to share successful actions, tips and ideas  (Read 74842 times)

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: intermittent fasting; followup update
« Reply #315 on: June 29, 2019, 12:48:28 AM »
- a 'fruit day' once in a while supports detox and recarbing
Carbing up is actually an essential difference between most keto diets and the Bulletproof diet.
Dave Asprey's diet states that one should have about 100 grams of carbs daily but then a good amount once a week for men, twice a week for women.
Most keto diets will go low to no carb for months on end. Bulletproof says this is unnatural and unhealthy.

However, my main reason for this update is that i learned the importance of gluten-free eating, also a main component of the Bulletproof diet.
Apparently, gluten both makes you stupid and generally undermines both health and happiness [the latter because one becomes addicted to endorphines consuming gluten creates, thus eating bread and such is no better than cigarettes or herione...].

More generally speaking, the Bulletproof diet is about quality over quantity, i.e. better to eat less calories but have safe sources. Your body will thank you.
Actually [according to Dave Asprey], high caloric intake supports health, but it is better to 'starve' than to consume subquality foods. Good sources:
- wild caught samon
- macadamia nuts
- avocados
- toxin-free veggies [loads of them]
- grass-fed and -finished beef, lamb, etc.
- butter from grass-fed and responsibly kept cattle

On a side note because i know this forum has many vegan and vegetarian enthousiasts [and i myself have eaten vegetarian for 10 years and vegan for 2], there's a great podcast on Bulletproof Radio with Joel Salatin in which Mr. Salatin explains that conscientiously kept cattle actually cost less loss of life than conventianal (so-called) vegetarian/vegan options do. After all, how much wildlife, microbrial and other life is lost through heavy machinery, even when it's about growing greens? But then there's this beef farmer [yikes!...] who never tills soil, never herbicides, insecticides and the like and never doses his animals with hormones and their ilk...
Now who is the greater killer? How much life has been sacrificed to keep you 'vegetarian'...?

As buddhists note, all life is about sacrifice; "all life is about death"... (And ultimately, you too will be sacrificed.)
Dave Asprey, someone who ate raw vegan for many years, accosted a Tibetan monk for killing a yak, to which the monk answered: "One life to sustain us for a year; it is a small thing". Given what life is lost in conventional operations, this logic seems sound.

I would add for all vegans, that the 15-year vegan Daniel Vitalis makes a valid point that veganism is an experiment in the sense that there exist no cultures that have actually accomplished it. But when one considers that vegetarianism, i.e. including the ingestion of things like high quality milk and colostrum, causes no harm, there is both a logical and empathetic case to be made that a low-carb, low-animal protein diet is actually viable.

And just to be thorough, i interject that the diet of chimpanzees consists of 2% animal proteins [monkees, ants and cadavers], and that the so-called herbivore cow probably ingests considerable amounts of animal proteins in the form of insects while grazing... 1%?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 01:24:43 AM by Socrates »
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Losing weight: A place to share successful actions, tips and ideas
« Reply #316 on: June 29, 2019, 06:13:33 AM »
Thanks Soc, for explaining the difference between the keto diet and Bulletproof.  The Bulletproof diet sounds so much easier to follow, and agree that gluten-free is probably best for most people.  I never thought to compare it to heroin!  ;)

Very interesting thought about cattle farming possibly being gentler on the environment than vegetable cropping methods.

I like to think of our end not so much in terms of "being sacrificed" as in exiting a worn-out 3D body in favor of fully occupying our light bodies and "going home."  :)

This sandwich diet is working for me so far, though one wonders how healthy the local breads are.  I've heard arguments for and against whole grain bread (high fiber, indigestible, high phytates), as well as arguments for and against white breads (sourdough is supposed to be good; need to avoid bromated flour, easier on the GI tract...).  So what constitutes quality bread can be a thoroughly confusing topic, and one surely can benefit from a broad-spectrum enzyme when consuming bread regularly.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #317 on: August 02, 2019, 01:29:00 AM »
I've not tried this. Ingredients are appealing to me. This diet is supposedly one recommended by some cardiologists. The fellow is soft spoken, turn up your volume. Re the diet, posted below the soup recipe, "This diet was provided by the Heart Hospital of Baton Rouge, LA."

How To Lose 15 pounds in 7 days with Peel-a-Pound Soup

https://youtu.be/3DxS-CIJFj8

T-ROY COOKS
Published on Jan 21, 2016

Are you wanting to lose weight quickly without exercise? This Peel-a-Pound Soup burns more calories digesting it than your body intakes, so you lose weight quickly, plus it's healthy and tastes fantastic!!! The diet is listed in the description box. Please note, I am not a doctor or nutritionist. Use this diet at your own risk!

The full 7 Day Diet is listed below the soup recipe.

Recipe for Peel-a-Pound Soup

1 large can of Stewed or Whole Tomatoes
1 Envelope of Onion Soup Mix (optional)
4 Cups of Water
6-7 Beef Bullion cubes (I now use Better than Bouillon)
1 Head of Cabbage
1/2 Stalk Celery
2 Bell Peppers
2 Onions
5 Garlic toes

Into a large dutch oven or stock pot, add 1 large can of stewed or whole tomatoes.
Add 1 packet of Onion Soup mix.
Add 3-4 Cups water along with 6-7 Beef Bouillon cubes and mix well, then heat mixture over med-high heat until boiling.
While mixture is coming up to a boil, cut up your vegetables and add them to the pot.
Once soup is boiling, turn heat down to med-low for a slow rolling boil and cook with lid on until vegetables are tender (30-90 mins).

7 Day Diet provided by the Heart Hospital of Baton Rouge, LA.

1st Day:
Eat as much of the listed fruits as you want at each meal, plus as much of the soup as you want.
Apples, Oranges, Tangerines, Satsumas, Cantaloupes, Watermelons, Pears, Plums, Peaches, Papayas, and Pumpkin.

2nd Day:
Eat as much of the listed vegetables as you want, plus soup, plus a baked potato.
Asparagus, Bean Sprouts, Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Celery, collards, Cucumbers, Eggplant, Green Beans, Mushrooms, Okra, Peppers, Radishes, Spinach, Tomatoes, and Zucchini.

3rd Day:
Eat as much of the vegetables AND fruit as you want, plus the soup.

4th Day:
Throughout the day, eat 8 bananas and drink 8 glasses of skimmed milk, plus the soup. Feel free to cut up some of the bananas, place into a blender with some sugar substitute and some of the milk to make a nice shake.

5th Day:
Eat as many tomatoes as you want, 1 1/2 pounds of meat (beef, pork, chicken, or fish) plus the soup.

6th Day:
Eat as much of the vegetables as you want, 1 1/2 pounds of meat, plus the soup.

7th Day:
Cook 1 1/3 pounds of Brown rice and eat 1/3 of the rice at each meal along with any of the vegetables, plus the soup.

Note:
You can have any amount of coffee or tea without sugar or cream. If you want to use a local dressing on the vegetables, you may do so. You can also have Parmesan cheese with your vegetables to help with the flavor.

The more of the soup that you eat the better it is for you because, it is said, the soup takes more calories to burn up food value from it than it has calories itself.

This diet was provided by the Heart Hospital of Baton Rouge, LA.

=====================================================
Follow T-Roy Cooks:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/TroyCooksGoodFood
Twitter: twitter.com/T_ROY_COOKS
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/spacecowboytx
Instagram: www.instagram.com/troy_cooks/

Music:
"Nile's Blues"
Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/b...

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #318 on: August 02, 2019, 03:21:45 PM »
What's really good about the diet is the nearly unlimited fruits and veggies--not such a bad idea.  The only substitutions I'd made would be the pre-mix onion soup and bouillon cubes, both loaded with sodium and usually MSG and who knows what else.  A person can make his/her own "bouillon" and onion soup mix (dried onion flakes, etc.).

Let us know how it works.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #319 on: August 04, 2019, 03:23:10 PM »
What's really good about the diet is the nearly unlimited fruits and veggies--not such a bad idea.  The only substitutions I'd made would be the pre-mix onion soup and bouillon cubes, both loaded with sodium and usually MSG and who knows what else.  A person can make his/her own "bouillon" and onion soup mix (dried onion flakes, etc.).

Let us know how it works.

ilinda, very true it would be best to substitute the bouillon and soup stuff with something natural. :)  A hospital came up with this diet, perhaps the simplest thing most people could do. A lot of the desperately overweight patients who cannot qualify for surgery are likely bachelor men.
Chopping up veges is not an activity a lot of bachelors do... hence the overweight...
(I know this is a generalization.)
:) 

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #320 on: August 04, 2019, 07:05:35 PM »
If only they could be made aware that quantity is irrelevant, but quality is of utmost importance.  In other words, a person can eat copious quantities of broccoli, apples, etc., even nuts and raw cheese but skip the processed foods like breads and cakes.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW