Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Some experts on Surviving on The Move, their sites, images  (Read 1489 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Some experts on Surviving on The Move, their sites, images
« on: January 30, 2014, 12:15:59 PM »
Note: Just a few people who presented at the Survival Summit recently. Their sites, books and references and images.. mainly about surviving on the move...

More links later...
Oh here is Bruce Hemming, http://www.snare-trap-survive.com/

« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 12:23:15 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Some experts on Surviving on The Move, their sites, images
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 10:25:52 PM »
Here are a few more experts who spoke on Day #7 of the Survival Summit.
There is a bit of an overlap on Surviving in Place and Surviving on the Move.
I feel these experts belong more here in Surviving On The Move. I will post some images and list their sites, as best I can. Working on it...
- Yowbarb

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Some experts on Surviving on The Move, their sites, images
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 04:31:55 PM »
Couldn't figure where to post this, so "Surviving on the Move" seems appropriate.

I had not thought much about surviving on the move, or even being "on the move" much at all, but today was the first batch of Canada Geese moving through the state of Missouri and migrating south for the winter.  It seems a little early, but for the past several years one thing that seems consistent is that the migrations of these lovely and cheerful-sounding birds seems spread out over a much longer period of time than in years past.

The reason for posting here is that in all the areas where Canada Geese migrate southward in autumn, and northward in spring, one could learn either north or south by observing these birds.  I confess to ignorance of a Southern Hemisphere counterpart which would also help a person to determine direction.

So today if I had been lost in the woods, I would have immediately been able to know which way is south.  And in the midst of the migration season, there will be many groups of migrating birds, so if you miss one or another, there will be others, off and on during the day.

Further, by looking south, I would know that north is exactly opposite, and that 90 degrees to the right of south is west, and 90 degrees left is east.  I imagine that their flight pattern is not exactly and precisely south (or north), but the general direction is all a person would need.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

Buying radio technology you need but do not understand is a big impediment to creating an affordable consumer (CB/SSB CB/FRS/GMRS) and amateur (MF/HF/VHF/UHF) two-way radio survival network. Learn more...