Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Surviving animal attacks  (Read 5805 times)

Yowbarb

Re: Surviving animal attacks
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2019, 01:01:04 PM »
RE Surviving Animal Attacks, there is one dog which might scare off many predatory animals from your property and also when your survival group is hiking along.
RE the Rhodesian Ridgeback dog breed (We have lots of posts already in another section of the Town Hall)

The Rhodesian Ridgeback is the only dog known to have treed a lion!!
I am thinking, keeping a couple of them in the perimeter near your survival home might offer some protection, in a wilderness setting.

Note the Rhodesian Ridgeback - get one from a pup and train it right, get some professional help training it, if necessary... - Yowbarb

Rhodesian Ridgebacks are highly intelligent and learn quickly making them ideal candidates for training. However, they are also stubborn, independent, and very much have a mind of their own. This means they can be difficult to train and need very strong guidance and ownership.
Are Rhodesian Ridgebacks Easy To Train? 8 Tips for success.
https://www.thepetsandlove.com/are-rhodesian-ridgebacks-easy-to-train-8-tips-for-success/
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 01:25:19 PM by Yowbarb »

ilinda

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2019, 01:34:44 PM »
The story of the Siamese cat attacking an intruder sounds 100% believable.

Years ago my brother in law and sister in law had a Siamese cat named Tara, who in my opinion was "meaner than a junkyard dog".  But she was very loyal to bil and sil.

Well, one day when a visitor was there, and the owner and visitor were just standing in the garage, the visitor pointing to a piece of furniture up on a shelf, suddenly without warning, Tara jumped on visitor and seriously injured her, sending her to the hospital for stitches.  There was a lot of blood at the scene!

Since then, it's been hard to trust Siamese, but they sort of have the reputation anyway.

Yowbarb

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2019, 03:38:37 PM »
The story of the Siamese cat attacking an intruder sounds 100% believable.

Years ago my brother in law and sister in law had a Siamese cat named Tara, who in my opinion was "meaner than a junkyard dog".  But she was very loyal to bil and sil.

Well, one day when a visitor was there, and the owner and visitor were just standing in the garage, the visitor pointing to a piece of furniture up on a shelf, suddenly without warning, Tara jumped on visitor and seriously injured her, sending her to the hospital for stitches.  There was a lot of blood at the scene!

Since then, it's been hard to trust Siamese, but they sort of have the reputation anyway.

Wow, so sorry about your sis in law... That's not good...
I had no idea they attacked people randomly like that!

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW