Marshall Masters (admin) > Prevailing Winds

Smoke From the King Fire in CA

(1/2) > >>

admin:
The King fire in CA is 5% contained and it's really awful here in Reno. The sky is dirty all day but the nights from about 7PM on are miserable.  The air cools and the smoke goes lower to the ground.  There is the acrid creosote smell, my eyes burn a lot and it gives me miserable headaches.   A sample of times to come.

Marshall

http://www.ktvn.com/story/26546678/smoke-from-king-fire-expected-to-stay-in-area-through-weekend-1

Yowbarb:

--- Quote from: admin on September 16, 2014, 09:31:36 PM ---The King fire in CA is 5% contained and it's really awful here in Reno. The sky is dirty all day but the nights from about 7PM on are miserable.  The air cools and the smoke goes lower to the ground.  There is the acrid creosote smell, my eyes burn a lot and it gives me miserable headaches.   A sample of times to come.

Marshall

http://www.ktvn.com/story/26546678/smoke-from-king-fire-expected-to-stay-in-area-through-weekend-1

--- End quote ---

That is really awful. I wonder what could be done to get the smoke away from a person's face and lungs...

ilinda:
For smaller amounts of smoke, they say to hold a wet cloth over the face, making sure to cover the mouth and nose while breathing.  Not sure how helpful that would be for something that large that is issuing smoke and soot 24/7.

admin:
That's a good tip. Right now we still have a bit of smoke but it seems the winds have moved most of it to another part of Reno.  Dumb luck for them.  A blessing for me.

Yowbarb:

--- Quote from: admin on September 21, 2014, 08:37:42 PM ---That's a good tip. Right now we still have a bit of smoke but it seems the winds have moved most of it to another part of Reno.  Dumb luck for them.  A blessing for me.

--- End quote ---

Marshall, I am so glad you are getting some reilef from the smoke and may it stay far far away.
I like ilinda's tip on the wet cloth.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version