Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: DOMES, UNDERGROUND SHELTERS, etc. New Topic for  (Read 16317 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: DOMES, UNDERGROUND SHELTERS, etc. New Topic for
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2018, 07:48:03 PM »
Is the plexiglass / plastic that thick, or are the window casings 6" deep?

The windows were recessed about a foot, I think.
I forget how thick the plexiglass window was... I figure 6 inches at least.
Here is the link to one article, but I am realizing the church I was thinking about was one of the Maranatha Baptist Churches. Not finding it yet.

http://www.monolithic.org/churches/church/new-life-family-church-now-the-second-tallest-building-in-biloxi

http://www.monolithic.org/churches/church/new-life-family-church-now-the-second-tallest-building-in-biloxi/photos
One thing to note, is that if building from scratch, where you must source your own materials separately/independently, think about Plexiglas vs. Lexan which is a trademark name for polycarbonate.

We have found over the years that no matter how thick, or what variant is used, that Lexan has always seemed to be more break/crack resistant than Plexiglas.  Some Lexan, though, will "craze" over time due to UV exposure, and UV-resistant Lexan is available for some extra money, but it has been reported to be used outdoors for 15 or more years without undue sun damage.  Just my 2 cents.

ilinda, thanks for this info, I didn't know...
:)

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
some cool sheltering and survival options/tools/devices
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2018, 01:46:28 PM »
10 Inventions That Could Save Your LIfe

Or if you're 'paranoid', put the top one inside the fourth one inside the bottom one...  ;)
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2018, 05:10:04 PM »
Those first two look like they're about ready to blast off  :)

Seriously, they all look like good ideas with what's supposed to be coming at us...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: some cool sheltering and survival options/tools/devices
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2018, 09:13:50 PM »
10 Inventions That Could Save Your LIfe

Or if you're 'paranoid', put the top one inside the fourth one inside the bottom one...  ;)

Socrates, wow, I'm going to look into these,
many thanks for posting these,
Barb T.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2019, 04:33:48 PM »
Yowbarb Note: I do not know if this is a good deal. I don't work for them. They claim to be the biggest or one of the biggest manufacturers of survival bunkers, located in Texas and California, may be worth a look-see.

https://www.youtube.com/user/atlasshelters

https://www.youtube.com/user/atlasshelters/featured

https://www.youtube.com/user/atlasshelters/videos  ATLAS SURVIVAL SHELTER VIDEOS

How to finance a $100,000 Bunker and Cabin Combo with $0 down!  7:02  28,499 views

https://youtu.be/jygaMYEPGR0

Aug 14, 2019
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 05:17:41 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2020, 08:50:21 PM »
https://www.fastcompany.com/90445744/zappos-wants-to-help-build-a-geodesic-dome-city-for-las-vegass-homeless-residents

12-21-19 WORLD CHANGING IDEAS

Zappos wants to help build a geodesic dome city for Las Vegas’s homeless residents

Geodesic dome-maker Geoship has announced plans to build transitional dome villages for Vegas residents without places to live. The first prototypes will be near the shoe company’s headquarters.

In November, the city of Las Vegas passed a law making it illegal for people to camp, lie down, or sleep on the city’s streets. Targeting the city’s homeless population, which has been estimated at more than 14,000 people, the law could make sleeping outside punishable by up to six months in jail.

Geoship, a company that is prototyping geodesic home houses, had already been well at work on a project that would provide homes for those without even before the law passed. For more than a year, Geoship CEO Morgan Bierschenk and his partners had been touring transitional villages (where people experiencing homelessness could live temporarily before finding a more permanent situation) built in the Portland, Oregon, for inspiration on how to set up his own village featuring the startup’s dome-shaped shelters. Then Clark County, which encompasses Las Vegas, issued a request for proposals for emergency shelter solutions to house the people who were no longer allowed to sleep on the street. Bierschenk responded.

The result was a proposal for Geoship’s Homes for the Domeless project, a cooperative living initiative that will include both affordable housing and transitional living villages for people with low income or experiencing homelessness in and around Las Vegas. The villages will consist of the geodesic domes Geoship has been perfecting, using a special chemically bonded ceramic composite. The aim is to get the first couple of domes installed by March or April and break ground on the first village (which will consist of permanent affordable housing) by the end of summer 2020.

Most immediately, the goal of the project is to create housing opportunities for those experiencing homelessness. Each village will accommodate between 40 and 60 residents, with domes ranging from 200 square feet to 1,400 square feet. The temporary residents that do end up there will get a place to sleep and ways to participate in a small, communal society, allowing them to develop skills and habits that could help them move toward a more permanent living situation. Though Bierschenk says the villages will “require a mix of people with different levels of ability and need,” so far there is no designated process for how to choose who will get to live in the transitional villages.

One of the project’s biggest partners is Las Vegas-based shoe company Zappos. In a statement, a Zappos spokesperson called the company a “community sponsor” of Geoship. The first prototype domes to go up in March or April will sit near Zappos’s campus in downtown Las Vegas.

In the completed transitional villages, one or two people will live in each 200- square-foot dome. Long-term and permanent residents (there will be some permanent residents in the transitional villages) will get their own domes. Families can live across multiple, connected structures.

[ CONTINUED: https://www.fastcompany.com/90445744/zappos-wants-to-help-build-a-geodesic-dome-city-for-las-vegass-homeless-residents ]

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2020, 07:20:43 AM »
I love it!  Hopefully, the further the technocratic PTB become removed from their own humanity in order to dehumanize society, the more heartfelt and practical responses will be elicited from wealthy individuals and corporations who still possess their inner moral compass intact.

Of course, the real test will be whether the homeless are permitted to occupy the new housing without accoutrements such as smart tattoos, microchips, wristbands, 5G, and a requirement to mark "Yes please harvest my organs now" on their drivers licenses...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 07:48:55 AM by R.R. Book »

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2020, 02:00:01 PM »
I love it!  Hopefully, the further the technocratic PTB become removed from their own humanity in order to dehumanize society, the more heartfelt and practical responses will be elicited from wealthy individuals and corporations who still possess their inner moral compass intact.

Of course, the real test will be whether the homeless are permitted to occupy the new housing without accoutrements such as smart tattoos, microchips, wristbands, 5G, and a requirement to mark "Yes please harvest my organs now" on their drivers licenses...
Well said, RR, especially the "Yes, please harvest...."

It certainly is a wonderful idea as most homeless people would probably love to have a home.  It's hard to believe they actually want to live on the streets.

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW