Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Prepper TV Shows  (Read 3247 times)

steedy

Prepper TV Shows
« on: January 08, 2016, 11:05:21 AM »
There seems to be a fascination with all things Alaska lately on TV.  I like Life Below Zero and the Alaskan Bush People.  I think watching these types of shows teaches people how to survive.  Even though I've never chopped down a tree, or skinned an animal, I feel like if I had to, I could easily do it.  These types of shows, for me, are like taking courses in survival and preparedness.

Other shows that I enjoy and are in the same vein are, Mountain Men, Mick Dodge and Live Free or Die.  I have learned so much from these shows and as long as they're on, I'll continue watching and learning from them.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Prepper TV Shows
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 11:37:23 AM »
There seems to be a fascination with all things Alaska lately on TV.  I like Life Below Zero and the Alaskan Bush People.  I think watching these types of shows teaches people how to survive.  Even though I've never chopped down a tree, or skinned an animal, I feel like if I had to, I could easily do it.  These types of shows, for me, are like taking courses in survival and preparedness.

Other shows that I enjoy and are in the same vein are, Mountain Men, Mick Dodge and Live Free or Die.  I have learned so much from these shows and as long as they're on, I'll continue watching and learning from them.

steedy this is so great. Thanks for starting this Topic.
I am also into a number of survival shows...I do like Survivorman.
All The Best,
Yowbarb

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 04:36:07 PM »
This doesn't pertain to a TV show, but later this month there is a class scheduled nearby for the general public, presented by a physician, and the topic is "Suturing".  Hope to attend, and if so, can post an update.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 12:30:17 AM »
This doesn't pertain to a TV show, but later this month there is a class scheduled nearby for the general public, presented by a physician, and the topic is "Suturing".  Hope to attend, and if so, can post an update.

ilinda,
that sounds like a good thing, please do post anything you learn...

steedy

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 04:01:22 PM »
Tonight will start a new show, You, Me and the Apocalypse.  It's supposed to be a comedy, but they may have some good ideas.  We'll see.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 08:16:01 PM »
Tonight will start a new show, You, Me and the Apocalypse.  It's supposed to be a comedy, but they may have some good ideas.  We'll see.
steedy thanks for the reminder! I had wanted to watch that show. :)
Yes there are always ideas to be gleaned from these shows.
Keep on a keepin' on,
Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 08:46:40 PM »
steedy I just noticed I had already set it up to record. :)

steedy

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 09:28:53 AM »
I watched it last night, but I didn't think it was funny.  Hopefully next week will be better.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2016, 02:55:44 AM »
I didn't watch it yet...maybe that's a dud...hopefully people can learn something from it...

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW