Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Prepper TV Shows  (Read 2166 times)

steedy

Prepper TV Shows
« on: January 08, 2016, 11:05:21 AM »
There seems to be a fascination with all things Alaska lately on TV.  I like Life Below Zero and the Alaskan Bush People.  I think watching these types of shows teaches people how to survive.  Even though I've never chopped down a tree, or skinned an animal, I feel like if I had to, I could easily do it.  These types of shows, for me, are like taking courses in survival and preparedness.

Other shows that I enjoy and are in the same vein are, Mountain Men, Mick Dodge and Live Free or Die.  I have learned so much from these shows and as long as they're on, I'll continue watching and learning from them.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Prepper TV Shows
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 11:37:23 AM »
There seems to be a fascination with all things Alaska lately on TV.  I like Life Below Zero and the Alaskan Bush People.  I think watching these types of shows teaches people how to survive.  Even though I've never chopped down a tree, or skinned an animal, I feel like if I had to, I could easily do it.  These types of shows, for me, are like taking courses in survival and preparedness.

Other shows that I enjoy and are in the same vein are, Mountain Men, Mick Dodge and Live Free or Die.  I have learned so much from these shows and as long as they're on, I'll continue watching and learning from them.

steedy this is so great. Thanks for starting this Topic.
I am also into a number of survival shows...I do like Survivorman.
All The Best,
Yowbarb

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 04:36:07 PM »
This doesn't pertain to a TV show, but later this month there is a class scheduled nearby for the general public, presented by a physician, and the topic is "Suturing".  Hope to attend, and if so, can post an update.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 12:30:17 AM »
This doesn't pertain to a TV show, but later this month there is a class scheduled nearby for the general public, presented by a physician, and the topic is "Suturing".  Hope to attend, and if so, can post an update.

ilinda,
that sounds like a good thing, please do post anything you learn...

steedy

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 04:01:22 PM »
Tonight will start a new show, You, Me and the Apocalypse.  It's supposed to be a comedy, but they may have some good ideas.  We'll see.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 08:16:01 PM »
Tonight will start a new show, You, Me and the Apocalypse.  It's supposed to be a comedy, but they may have some good ideas.  We'll see.
steedy thanks for the reminder! I had wanted to watch that show. :)
Yes there are always ideas to be gleaned from these shows.
Keep on a keepin' on,
Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 08:46:40 PM »
steedy I just noticed I had already set it up to record. :)

steedy

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 09:28:53 AM »
I watched it last night, but I didn't think it was funny.  Hopefully next week will be better.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2016, 02:55:44 AM »
I didn't watch it yet...maybe that's a dud...hopefully people can learn something from it...

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW