Marshall Masters (admin) > Prevailing Winds

New PX Annoucement

<< < (2/2)

Kyirrie:
Hi Barb,
Yes, temps in the 100's weren't all that common unless out in central OZ desert not so much the coastal fringe. Even Tasmania which is usually in the low to mid 20's in Summer and rainy, has been getting up there in the 30's and haven't had much rain. A friend of mine there said it is really dry where she lives, and now they are having horrendous bushfires down there  :'( As for the UV index on these hot days it only takes 5 minutes to start burning in the morning sun (9am onwards).
I remember a time when it used to take about 30 minutes! That was going back some years though! ;D
Here's how unpredictable the weather is. We have had a hot humid day all day, even though it was totally overcast, and now we are having a real rip roaring tropical storm, complete with flash flooding  and we aren't even in the tropics!
Good to talk to you too, Barb!  :D
Cheers,
Lynette

Yowbarb:

--- Quote from: Kyirrie on January 21, 2016, 09:39:42 PM ---Hi Barb,
Yes, temps in the 100's weren't all that common unless out in central OZ desert not so much the coastal fringe. Even Tasmania which is usually in the low to mid 20's in Summer and rainy, has been getting up there in the 30's and haven't had much rain. A friend of mine there said it is really dry where she lives, and now they are having horrendous bushfires down there  :'( As for the UV index on these hot days it only takes 5 minutes to start burning in the morning sun (9am onwards).
I remember a time when it used to take about 30 minutes! That was going back some years though! ;D
Here's how unpredictable the weather is. We have had a hot humid day all day, even though it was totally overcast, and now we are having a real rip roaring tropical storm, complete with flash flooding  and we aren't even in the tropics!
Good to talk to you too, Barb!  :D
Cheers,
Lynette

--- End quote ---
I see it is up in the 14 range there midday, often.
http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=4814.msg67171#msg67171 World UV Index Topic
Wow, take care, tropical storm!
Email me?
Barb T.

Kyirrie:
Thanks for the UV index link Barb, I actually had no idea what the index level was here. Makes sense though. I'm sitting here now, with the sweat just pouring out of me at 5.30pm but it was like that even when I went to bed at midnight lastnight! Just sweltering it was! The humidity is the worst part  ???
Email you in a little while Barb, my son and his 2 kids have just arrived for dinner :) My daughter decided to put a roast pork on even though it's like an oven in the kitchen. Hey, I'm not going to complain when someone offer to cook dinner for me  :P
Catch ya!
Lynette

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version