Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: what is 'survival food' / what to think of  (Read 33275 times)

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: what is 'survival food' / what to think of
« Reply #225 on: March 14, 2019, 04:26:02 PM »
Very much looking forward to that as well!  :)

Solani

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #226 on: March 19, 2019, 08:06:04 AM »
Very much looking forward to that as well!  :)

In regard to my liver pate'

When doing my monthly shopping yesterday, I did buy pork liver so, I'm getting the ingredients together to make my liver pate'. Will do the picture show and tell version.  8) I just need to clear off my counter space and scrub it down from my last hrmm... failed liquid soap experiment...  :o LOL Happy it was a cheap oil. When I bought what I thought was Olive oil last time, I didn't see that it was a blended oil and not a pure Olive oil, it didn't say how much was Olive oil but the other oil that was in it was Canola oil and I know that nearly all Canola oil here in Canada is GMO so, I thought I'd try my hand at making liquid soap to use as a all purpose cleaning soap. I've been fighting that thing for nearly 3 days and now it's going to the DUMP!  ;D I know what I did wrong so, I won't be doing that again. I had prepared everything, the oil and the KOH lye with water but, something came up and I didn't have time to put it all together and get it cooking so, it sat for 2 days before I had the time to get at it. I think during that time, the lye and water mixture must have lost most of its potency cause it didn't want to work at all when I put them together in the pot. Knew the soap was a failure but decided to keep on and try a few things. Added more KOH lye and water but, even if it did come together, it was very lye heavy so, I added some more oil to see if I could get the right proportions.... Tested it and it was no longer lye heavy, it was now to oil heavy... Oh well, now we know that, it wasn't a good idea to leave the lye/water for 2 days. I've left it before just over night to have both the oils and lye/water at room temperature and that works fine but, 2 days seems to be at least 1 day to much...

Anyhow, will be making my liver pate' some time this week!  ;D

//Solani
~In order to determine what is possible, one only needs to step out into what is considered impossible and look around...~
~I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change... I am changing the things I cannot accept~

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #227 on: March 19, 2019, 08:11:42 AM »
failed liquid soap experiment

But at least you're attempting something useful  :)

When you get around to the pate', will be especially interested in learning if it must be eaten immediately or if it is possible to store it longer term...

Solani

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #228 on: March 19, 2019, 08:21:35 AM »
failed liquid soap experiment

But at least you're attempting something useful  :)

When you get around to the pate', will be especially interested in learning if it must be eaten immediately or if it is possible to store it longer term...

Yes, you can store it long term as long as you store it in the freezer... You can store it raw in the form you will be baking it in, covered with tin foil and then in a zip lock bag. When you are going to bake it, you need to take it out of the freezer the day before and let it thaw on its own before popping it in the oven.

Or, you can bake it and then freeze it. I usually make quite a few small forms and bake them and then freeze them individually. They'll be quite OK in the freezer for at least 3 to 4 months. I wouldn't trust them for longer time than that since they do have cream and such in them. And there are no preservatives.

I love eating the finished baked pate' (cold) on a sandwich, topped with sweet bread pickles or, eat it hot as a main dish served with cooked potatoes, green beans and a thick brown gravy... YUMMY!!  ;D

//Solani
~In order to determine what is possible, one only needs to step out into what is considered impossible and look around...~
~I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change... I am changing the things I cannot accept~

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #229 on: March 19, 2019, 08:26:40 AM »
That sounds delicious!

It's good to know that it can be frozen, either pre-cooked or afterward.

Before all of my younger brothers were born and we had to watch our pennies carefully, my mother used to make me pate' sandwiches to take to school for lunch.  In retrospect, I'm not sure if it was such a good idea to let the sandwiches sit out of refrigeration in a lunch box that long, but I seem to have survived!  :)

Solani

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #230 on: March 19, 2019, 12:24:45 PM »
That sounds delicious!

It's good to know that it can be frozen, either pre-cooked or afterward.

Before all of my younger brothers were born and we had to watch our pennies carefully, my mother used to make me pate' sandwiches to take to school for lunch.  In retrospect, I'm not sure if it was such a good idea to let the sandwiches sit out of refrigeration in a lunch box that long, but I seem to have survived!  :)

LOL!!! Yep, I seriously think that 90% of the stuff that we were used to doing daily, "way back then"; would most likely kill most kids today... We had a totally different immune system. Which most, in my perhaps not so humble opinion has been killed off due to all the "vaccines", super cleaning agents, pesticides etc. etc. ad nausium(sp?)... and that kids today, at least most city kids anyway, aren't allowed to go play in the muck, get dirty from head to toe and eat mud-pies!  :o

//Solani

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #231 on: March 19, 2019, 01:24:56 PM »
Absolutely.  Our pediatrician advised us to let the boys eat dirt sometimes, which is a good thing because they did it anyway without being told... :P

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW