Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: what is 'survival food' / what to think of  (Read 46471 times)

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: what is 'survival food' / what to think of
« Reply #255 on: September 27, 2019, 06:15:40 AM »
Thank you so much Ilinda, I'd be delighted to have some of your very own landrace pawpaws here!  Might want to wait til spring to send them though, as I'm thinning out some saplings from the woods to create a place for them, being that they prefer that shady habitat (or so I'm told)... :) :) :)

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #256 on: September 27, 2019, 10:33:24 AM »
Yes, they are an understory tree, but do tolerate partial shade/partial sun.  The largest pawpaw tree I ever saw was growing along a creek bank or riverbank in Arkansas, and it was leaning out over the water a bit, so it did get some good sun for several hours a day, but probably was in shade more than it was in sun. 

I'll set aside some Little Brushy Creek pawpaw seeds for you and send them in about March.

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #257 on: September 27, 2019, 02:33:19 PM »
 :-* :-* :-*

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #258 on: November 24, 2019, 06:05:32 PM »
One more reason to eat green plants: The chlorophyll is similar to heme (Fe is swapped for Mg):

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #259 on: November 25, 2019, 09:05:58 PM »
That is one of the most amazing tidbits of biology!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #260 on: November 25, 2019, 11:25:40 PM »
RR I really love that fact about the hemoglobin and chlorophyll.
When I had studied Zen Macrobiotics they referred to vegetables as "The Vegetal Mother."
I learned that back in the 1980s. Truth be told I tend to forget how important the dark green vegetables are, and tend to neglect them. Chard, mustard greens kale, spinach, beet greens, Swiss chard, yumm, takes a bit of washing, cooking but so worth it... and of course raw in juices...

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #261 on: November 26, 2019, 11:27:37 AM »
RR I really love that fact about the hemoglobin and chlorophyll.
When I had studied Zen Macrobiotics they referred to vegetables as "The Vegetal Mother."
I learned that back in the 1980s. Truth be told I tend to forget how important the dark green vegetables are, and tend to neglect them. Chard, mustard greens kale, spinach, beet greens, Swiss chard, yumm, takes a bit of washing, cooking but so worth it... and of course raw in juices...
Like many, when I learned that in biology courses, the emphasis was on how a common "ancestor" or common ancestor gene (maybe the one for the porphyrin group?) can diverge, giving rise to slightly different genes, resulting in different end products, or intermediate products, such as the closely related hemoglobin and chlorophyll.

And of course it was decades before I made the connection--gee, eating lots of chlorophyll-laden foods will provide a lot of magnesium, an important element for the body.   It was only in the past few years that we've been reading about those 400+ enzymatic reactions that occur in the body,  all of which require magnesium for it all to happen. 

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW