Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: DENTAL HEALTH  (Read 6746 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
DENTAL HEALTH
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2018, 05:52:18 PM »
"CoQ10 is found in maternal plasma and milk throughout early lactation":
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16873931

Thanks for raising our awareness of the role CoQ10 can play in gum disease.  It's something I had never pondered, and merely thought of it as a supplement people take for heart disease.  Apparently it has many uses.

Oh ilinda!! This is something I totally did not know.  :)
I know about breast milk being vitally important but died not know about the abundance of CoQ10.
I am going to quote you on this in the topic about childbearing and feeding infants, breastfeeding , etc.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 11:02:45 PM by Socrates »

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: No posts on DENTAL HEALTH yet...?!
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2018, 07:25:13 PM »
"CoQ10 is found in maternal plasma and milk throughout early lactation":
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16873931

Thanks for raising our awareness of the role CoQ10 can play in gum disease.  It's something I had never pondered, and merely thought of it as a supplement people take for heart disease.  Apparently it has many uses.

Oh ilinda!! This is something I totally did not know.  :)
I know about breast milk being vitally important but died not know about the abundance of CoQ10.
I am going to quote you on this in the topic about childbearing and feeding infants, breastfeeding , etc.
And yet another benefit of raw milk, as I would imagine that humans aren't the only animals whose early milk contains CoQ10.

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: toothpicks
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2018, 10:15:58 PM »
Do you just use a toothpick several times a day or only mornngs and evenings?
It's really simple: after i've eaten.
It's less simple when this means postponing a meal until it's clear one has the tools and privacy to properly clean one's teeth afterward... But this ties in with my current experimentations on intermittent fasting anyway  :D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 09:33:07 AM by Socrates »
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: CoQ10
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2018, 10:40:43 PM »
I've heard it's very important to take Vit. C with CoQ10 since it makes the CoQ10 much more effective (and since the CoQ10 is very expensive and the Vit. C relatively cheap, it's just logical).
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2018, 05:44:54 AM »
This may be a good time to mention that Soc's .pdf on optimizing mineral absorption strongly recommends getting vitamin C via an organic food source or at least a buffered form (mineral ascorbate is a high pH alkaline salt) and avoiding ascorbic acid (low pH form). 

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2018, 07:27:30 PM »
This may be a good time to mention that Soc's .pdf on optimizing mineral absorption strongly recommends getting vitamin C via an organic food source or at least a buffered form (mineral ascorbate is a high pH alkaline salt) and avoiding ascorbic acid (low pH form).
Sorry I don't have the source in front of me, but have read that you can make your own vitamin C by carefully and slowly dehydrating organic lemon or lime peel.  Then store in cool, dark place.  Crumble for ingestion.  Of course if you live in tropical area this would be easy.

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: toothpicks
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2018, 07:30:10 PM »
Do you just use a toothpick several times a day or only mornngs and evenings?
It's really simple: after i've eaten.
It's less simple when this means postponing a meal until it's clear one has the tools and privacy to properly clean one's teeth afterward... But this ties in with my current experimentations on intermittent fasting anyway  :D
I'm pretty much convinced.  In fact a homemade toothpick would be a lot like the "chewing stick" of some Native cultures, and I've been eyeing up several walnut limbs for processing into toothpick-like or "frayed stick"-like tools.  Update to follow.

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
dental care
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2018, 11:02:08 PM »
a homemade toothpick would be a lot like the "chewing stick" of some Native cultures, and I've been eyeing up several walnut limbs for processing into toothpick-like or "frayed stick"-like tools.
As toothpicks are actually super cheap and easy to come by in this day and age, i suggest you go with that and eye your trees for 'tooth picking' in any post-apocalyptic future...  ;)

Via OneRadioNetwork [a source i've accessed since 2008], i learned of a 'more or less' mainstream dental practitioner and teacher who seems to have developed an effective system that helps regenerate tooth decay.
Her system involves a number of steps meant to undermine bacterial colonies in the mouth and support the body's natural ability to heal and regrow [i.e. dental bone and enamel].
survival database

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: dental care
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2018, 05:52:56 PM »
a homemade toothpick would be a lot like the "chewing stick" of some Native cultures, and I've been eyeing up several walnut limbs for processing into toothpick-like or "frayed stick"-like tools.
As toothpicks are actually super cheap and easy to come by in this day and age, i suggest you go with that and eye your trees for 'tooth picking' in any post-apocalyptic future...  ;)

Via OneRadioNetwork [a source i've accessed since 2008], i learned of a 'more or less' mainstream dental practitioner and teacher who seems to have developed an effective system that helps regenerate tooth decay.
Her system involves a number of steps meant to undermine bacterial colonies in the mouth and support the body's natural ability to heal and regrow [i.e. dental bone and enamel].

Wow, thanks for posting this! I opened up the link and found this reminder page, showing what to do...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: DENTAL HEALTH
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2018, 06:03:42 PM »
Yowbarb Note: Putting a few facts about xylitol, since it is a big part of Dr. Ellie's program.

(wikipedia)

Can you be allergic to xylitol?
Allergic Reaction. You may experience an allergic reaction to xylitol sweetener. Signs and symptoms of an allergic reaction include hives, skin rash, breathing difficulties, swelling of the mouth and hands, dizziness, vomiting, chest tightness and general weakness
Xylitol Starves The Bad Bacteria in The Mouth and Has Major Benefits for Dental Health

In one study, using xylitol-sweetened chewing gum reduced levels of the bad bacteria by 27-75%, while it had no effect on the friendly bacteria (11).

Xylitol also has other dental benefits (12):

Increases absorption of calcium in the digestive system, which is good for your teeth and may also protect against osteoporosis (13).
Increases production of saliva. Saliva contains calcium and phosphate, which get picked up by the teeth and aid in remineralization.
Reduces the acidity of saliva, which helps to fight acid-driven degradation of tooth enamel.
Numerous studies show that xylitol, either by replacing sugar or adding it on top of the diet, can reduce cavities and tooth decay by as much as 30-85% (14, 15, 16).

Because inflammation is at the root of many chronic diseases, it makes sense that reducing plaque and gum inflammation could have benefits for the rest of your body as well.

BOTTOM LINE:
Xylitol can starve the harmful bacteria in the mouth, reducing plaque buildup and tooth decay. This can help prevent dental caries and inflammatory gum diseases.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 06:16:46 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: DENTAL HEALTH
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2018, 08:35:30 PM »
https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/fruit/health-benefits-of-cranberry-juice.html?utm_source=onesignal&utm_medium=15Apr18WebPush#strengthens-bones-and-teeth

(cranberries)

Prevents Tooth Decay
According to new research studies, cranberry juice prevents tooth cavities. Proanthocyanidins, a chemical compound present  in cranberries, inhibits harmful bacteria from clinging to teeth. These components inhibit acid production and protect the teeth from periodontal  diseases by preventing the growth of plaque. Good oral hygiene, along with the consumption of cranberries, disrupts the pathogenic mechanism of dental caries and generally makes for good dental health. At the same time, one should watch out for the soaring sugar content and the acidity of some commercially available cranberry juices – natural juice is always better!

from the Organicfacts article, 15 Amazing benefits of Cranberry Juice

https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/fruit/health-benefits-of-cranberry-juice.html?utm_source=onesignal&utm_medium=15Apr18WebPush#health-benefits-of-cranberry-juice

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2019, 11:42:35 PM »
Barb, based on what you and Socrates have posted recently, I'm planning to start eating organic organ meats more often.  I remember loving the taste of them when I was young, when Mom fried them up back before fried foods were taboo!

Thanks for all the useful information! :)

R.R. my mom used to fry up chicken liver or beef liver. it was really good...
When i used to work near a little British restaurant, I would stop in and get a hot steak and kidney pie. Really agreed with me...
I have tried beef heart...
I don't eat much beef right now but all those meats are good...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: dental care
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2019, 11:45:35 PM »
a
Her system [https://drelliecom.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/zellies-cmcsbooklet-2016-spreads.pdf] involves a number of steps meant to undermine bacterial colonies in the mouth and support the body's natural ability to heal and regrow [i.e. dental bone and enamel].

ilinda, thanks. Decided to post her plan here, which you referred to in your post.
Dr. Ellie Phillips,

P O S T   I T   O N   Y O U R   B AT H R O O M   M I R R O R !

STEP ONE XYLITOL
Use products with 100% Xylitol throughout the day.
» For maximum effectiveness, have 6 – 10 grams per day.
» Xylitol is great anytime, but especially after meals
 and drinks.
» Granulated Xylitol or Mints or Gum.

STEP TWO PRE-RINSE
   Rinse with CLOSYS® mouth rinse for one minute.
» Do not rinse with water after this step.

STEP THREE BRUSH
   Brush with a soft toothbrush and use Crest® Regular Cavity
Protection Toothpaste (1-2 Minutes).
» Don’t use Crest® with: whitening, tartar control, stannous
 fluoride, sodium monofluorophosphate or triclosan.
» Keep toothbrush sanitary and clean. Keep it away from
 the toilet area.

STEP FOUR CLEAN
   Rinse with LISTERINE® (30-60 Seconds). Only use the Original
or Cool Mint flavors with ADA Shield.
» Don’t use LISTERINE® with plaque or tartar control,
 or whitening.

STEP FIVE PROTECT
Rinse with ACT® Anticavity Fluoride Rinse for 1 minute. Only use
the Mint, Cinnamon or Bubblegum flavors.
» Avoid all other ACT® formulas.
» Try to avoid eating or drinking for 30 minutes after
 finishing with this step.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW