Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: talking to collegues...  (Read 2868 times)

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
talking to collegues...
« on: February 12, 2017, 12:03:40 AM »
Having looked online since 2008, i have given up on looking for 'like-minded' folk. I still find it hard to accept emotionally but there just aren't any [or enough] people taking this stuff seriously, let alone are they anywhere near me.

For a while now i have accepted that i'll need to be working with noobs WTSHTF. Now, me personally, i don't have any contact with any relatives of my own but, perhaps even better, i have the guys i work with, whom i see every day, have experience with how they are and how they interact, both with myself as well as with each other.

Of course i'm not talking about everybody at work and actually i'm talking about it at all because i just happen to be working with a bunch of guys i'm guessing could be trusted when the chips are down, i.e what i'm saying is dependent on these chance conditions. Having said that, there are general rules that apply.

I have spoken to them about dealing with a disaster situation. Always one-on-one; group psychology among noobs does not lead to any discussions on such topics that run longer than a few seconds or transcend the level of ridicule or dismissal.
One-on-one, though, i have found that the more dependable types will listen without 'running away' from the discussion or dismissing it out of hand.
Frankly, the 'discussion' is really more of a notification in the way of: "People can't deny things could go terribly wrong. If it goes wrong, we should gather here. Get you and your loved ones here in that case and we will head for a safe location together from here".

I'm not asking them to agree with me on anything, though i do check that they don't show strong signs of denial [thinking 5 Stages of Grief] that suggest they're too unstable to be able to act in a time of emergency.
I'd say about half my collegues pass such tests. The others i do not invite [i.e. tell to come to said location] and i'll end the conversation on some neutral note or other.

There are signs that someone is ill-equipped with dealing with harsh realities. I mean, if they as for proof, for instance, that just means they are not even listening to a single word you are saying. Demanding proof in such issues is a sign of mental instability and fear; if you had proof yourself, you would just offer it. If you have no proof to offer but demand it of others, the next thing to share is logic. One sidesteps both options by demanding proof of others, proving you're making a serious issue about authority, which is about trauma in the brain stem (acquired during infancy).

I have hope my chosen collegues may come through WTSHTF and gather together at our place of work. One of them is a competent sailor and sailboats are literally less than a mile away. If i am still here i will join them; if i am already in Spain, i tell them beforehand where they will be safe [i.e.: "Sail to Malaga"].
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: talking to collegues...
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 01:59:29 PM »
Having looked online since 2008, i have given up on looking for 'like-minded' folk.

I'd say about half my collegues pass such tests. The others i do not invite [i.e. tell to come to said location] and i'll end the conversation on some neutral note or other.

I have hope my chosen collegues may come through WTSHTF and gather together at our place of work. One of them is a competent sailor and sailboats are literally less than a mile away. If i am still here i will join them; if i am already in Spain, i tell them beforehand where they will be safe [i.e.: "Sail to Malaga"].
Your writing this makes me revisit work habits of colleagues at my last full-time job, and my best guesstimation of those who would "pass the tests" would be those who were quite industrious of their own volition, and not the lazy laggards who had to be prodded just to do a marginal job.  The industrious ones would probably constitute about half or even more of the total numbers.   Interesting thought.

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 10:51:54 PM »
those who were quite industrious of their own volition, and not the lazy laggards who had to be prodded just to do a marginal job.  The industrious ones would probably constitute about half or even more of the total numbers.
I have a very politically-incorrect view of modern man that goes like this: there are good and bad people and the good are 'always' good and the bad 'always' bad.

I say, if you're honest you've seen all through your life that it's always the same people causing problems and it's always the same people who don't. Also, it's always the same people who lie and the others (just about) never lie. Of course, the liars always assume everyone lies.
Ya know that song Ebony and Ivory and the line: "There is good and bad in everyone"? Well, i see that as the politically-correct version of reality that is really about good people showing solidarity with the bad; they do this because of a natural social imperative to be empathetic and support the weak. However, we're not really talking about "weak", we're talking about evil*... I say, therefore, that such solidarity is misplaced; and in already harsh times will get yourself killed.

The way i see things society is made up of bad people doing their bad stuff and good people putting up with it. And i have seen situations with a group of good folk where one single bad apple winds up poisoning the entire situation; all by themself. One is all it takes. Therefore, i suggest, WTSHTF social triage is a life-or-death matter. And, as with all things that matter, some planning ahead of time is appropriate, i.e. determining which people would likely be part of the solution and which part of the problem. After all, we're talking about heading into an already volatile, risky and dangerous situation; the last thing you need is some fifth column parasite in your midst who has subconscious programming that is opportunistic in nature. These are the people that kick you when you're down. They need to be weeded out with extreme prejudice.

Responsible people are ALWAYS responsible; hard-working people tend to be CONSISTENTLY hard-working. They are the ones that make the world go 'round. The rest just hang around, already surviving [and not living]. Society should already be dealing with people with these things in mind, but in life-or-death situations you don't have the luxury to let them pull you down so you drown with them. Bad people have already destroyed the world, but when the going gets tough the tough get going and have to [finally!] let the weak/bad/evil go.

* I believe the definition of "evil" can and should be scientific and is quite simply that which undermines the welfare and continuation of the species.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 12:43:31 AM by Socrates »
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 09:41:23 AM »
I have a very politically-incorrect view of modern man that goes like this: there are good and bad people and the good are 'always' good and the bad 'always' bad.

I agree, Socrates.  If you don't have your message copyrighted, I would like to use it elsewhere.

Now then, the purpose of Ascension is to eliminate the Baddies, and the purpose of the pole shift is to test, and thereby confirm, the remaining Goodies.  (I think)

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: copyright
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 10:04:09 AM »
If you don't have your message copyrighted, I would like to use it elsewhere.
I believe the principle of copyright lies at the foundation of inhuman/evil culture, so...
survival database

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!