Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: setting up from scratch  (Read 5456 times)

Socrates

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: fish under corn
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2020, 10:40:05 PM »
in Buffalo Bird Woman's Garden she said they put a fish under the corn seeds planted (presumably for its high nitrogen content, or high protein).
Exactly, but i didn't have any. If i take this experiment to the next level, perhaps next year, i'd like to do that. I can get all the fish offal i want nearby for free [at the harbor]. Digging such holes, though, would be a lot more work than what i've done now.

Now i was finished with each hole in a few minutes. It is guerilla gardening, after all, and we do have fascists partrolling the dunes.
Maybe next year i'll make one decent hole a day at daybreak or something. Of course then i'll also have compost and biochar that's matured for a proper length of time.
This entire endeavour this time/year just materialized suddenly and was haphazardly planned and executed. With some extra work, time and planning, i'm sure crazy results are possible.

P.S. I have a lot of plans for if the world doesn't end according to Brian Austin Lambert [i.e. March 2021]. Then i think i'll be working my way toward Doug Vogt's 2047 date...  ::)
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

ilinda

Re: setting up from scratch
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2020, 07:48:08 PM »
Will you be able to do any of this type of gardening from your cave basecamp?  How close to water and/or dunes is "your" cave?

Socrates

• Members
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: location
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2020, 12:02:51 AM »
Location, location, location...
Am now talking to some folks about Albania as an option. Obviously, the coronavirus is now an issue as international travel is restricted.
Albania has wonderful access to the Mediterranean Sea and mountains that are almost 2 klicks high, just north of Greece, i.e. wonderful climate year-round.
An Albanian friend assures me the people are friendly and well-disposed toward foreigners.

It's a poor country with a rough history. Kinda reminds me of South America in the sense that i grew up in the '80s learning that things were politically unstable and quite dangerous there [with guerillas and such] whereas today [i.e. 40 years and generations later] things have settled down and are fundamentally different.
I can see it now as a land of opportunity that's probably overlooked by the mainstream. Hey, maybe the folks there will appreciate some info influx more than jaded 'westerners' might.

As far as sand and soil is concerned, i've yet to survey any options and my experience tells me that things on the ground may turn out quite differently than any online or remote reconnaisance. After all, once i actually physically went to La Gomera, i found that i learned many things that i'd never come across online. Once you start talking to locals and reading local literature, all kind of things you never heard of before come to light, both considering knowledge and understanding.
As well, my point with the whole experiment is closely connected to my post-cataclysmic soil thread, in the sense that it's about keeping your options open. What if there IS no soil (where you are) after a cataclysm? Preps might not matter then, except in respect to how they might prepare you for worst-case scenarios.
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

Jimfarmer

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2020, 12:44:36 AM »
Am now talking to some folks about Albania as an option. Obviously, the coronavirus is now an issue as international travel is restricted.
Albania has wonderful access to the Mediterranean Sea and mountains that are almost 2 klicks high, just north of Greece, i.e. wonderful climate year-round.
An Albanian friend assures me the people are friendly and well-disposed toward foreigners.

Check seismicity and fault lines.  Recent earthquake swarms there, mostly in one particular spot.

Socrates

• Members
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: geology
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2020, 01:45:48 AM »
Check seismicity and fault lines.  Recent earthquake swarms there, mostly in one particular spot.
Yes, i've still to check the age of the mountains. If they are young, like the Alps, it's a no go; i need old caves, with stalagmites and stalactites. That's always a criterium.
survival database

MadMax

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2020, 06:04:16 AM »
Looters of all kind are inherently lazy. That's why governments love their 'slaves in cities' and small farmers have almost been made extinct [with food grown by about 3% of the population nowadays]. Governments centralize themselves and they centralize people so they are easily taxed, controlled, registered, etc. etc. And we fools play right into their hands...

I have heard so many people talking about growing their own food and it begins with: "I'm going to buy me some land first". So after TEOTWAWKI, are your legal claims to said land going to be defended by some governmental forces? Of course not.

GREAT point, I think it “folly” to think you can buy a piece of land now and think that you can defend it against hoards of “ desperate Hungary people” when/after TEOTWAWKI takes place.

Better to have a stock of seeds and basic supplies to “start over” with when the particular local you have surveyed and pick the best spots that you can find to “Guerilla Homesteading”..

Good ideas here!

Max
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 09:07:29 AM by Socrates »

R.R. Book

• Members
  • Prolific Member
Re: fish under corn
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2020, 09:51:48 AM »
in Buffalo Bird Woman's Garden she said they put a fish under the corn seeds planted (presumably for its high nitrogen content, or high protein).

Am veering slightly off topic, but Ilinda thank you so much for bringing Buffalo Bird Woman's Garden back up.  If anyone is new to the boards or might be interested in revisiting that thread, it's located here:

https://planetxtownhall.com/index.php/topic,7034.msg106586.html#msg106586
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 11:43:14 AM by R.R. Book »

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW