Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Beekeeping in the Tribulation and Aftertimes  (Read 12085 times)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Beekeeping in the Tribulation and Aftertimes
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2018, 07:27:50 PM »
Fingers are crossed the rains will let up enough for Nature to take its course, as I recall Jacqueline Freeman's discussion about AI in honeybees.

Did your own area suffer excess rain this year?

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2018, 04:22:57 AM »
It has been torrential and nearly daily since mid-July.  Very little sunlight has been getting through the cloud cover.  Front yard was a lake this a.m., even though we're on a hillside (fortunately not a steep incline near the peak).  Because we're on a rocky outcropping, it usually drains quickly though.  We dug an extra channel recently to divert water from the driveway.

Will post a video on the flooding thread re: what Virginia is experiencing right now.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 07:20:56 AM by R.R. Book »

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2018, 08:06:18 AM »
Amazing.  We had the longest winter I can remember in my life as an adult here in MO, and then perhaps one week of spring, then suddenly it was in 90's most of the time since, with very little break.

Rains were nothing like yours.  Weather is totally weird everywhere, and you're probably crossing your fingers your bees and garden can do well in the end.  My BEST WISHES to you, your family, your honeybees, and your garden.

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2018, 08:13:42 AM »
Likewise Ilinda, and thank you so much!  So far the only crop that seems to have rotted is the garlic - including the subsequent planting.  May need a greenhouse not for cold protection, but rot-insurance  :)

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!