Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Anyone ever hear a banshee?  (Read 4685 times)

Yowbarb

Anyone ever hear a banshee?
« on: February 02, 2017, 12:06:35 PM »
Read somewhere (cannot find it now) that there is a type of banshee spirit that sounds sort of vague and like a toddler crying.
I read that when a person hears it someone will pass away within 2-3 weeks.
Have heard it three times now and in each case someone did pass.
Not many people have passed from my life but I did lose My Michael, my best friend Edie and both parents in less than five year time period.  It seemed like a shorter time period, and hard to deal with.
I don't always dwell on these things, but I did hear the sound.
Didn't hear or see a banshee manifesting as an old hag.
anyone else hear a crying sound sort of up in the air, indistinct, before someone passed.
only thing I can surmise is we have spirits that go with us or who are part of our cultural identity.
My identity is pretty mixed but Irish is one of them, which is part of the Irish-Anglo heritage of beliefs, spirits, myths whether real or not.
I do believe it was an actual spiritual experience. Each time I heard it, I did quickly pray that the person would be OK but they did pass...
Any ideas, stories to share?

Yowbarb

Re: Anyone ever hear a banshee?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 01:22:38 PM »
PS that was many years ago when those people passed...

ilinda

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 02:47:46 PM »
This is all new to me, but I try not to discount anything based on its level on the "Bizarre Scale"!

But it's no more bizarre than someone dreaming about the death of a loved one shortly before it happens.  I remember a short clip I watched years ago of some woman who dreamed of her partner, with whom she happily lived.

She dreamed that his deceased parents came to their home and picked him up and as the three of them drove away, he was sitting in the back of their pickup.  She did not understand the dream until he died shortly thereafter.  His deceased parents came to usher him to his new existence, and it was all symbolically portrayed in the dream. 

So I suppose there are untold ways we can discover these things, that is, if we are willing to open our hearts and minds to the spiritual world.

Yowbarb

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 04:02:50 PM »
This is all new to me, but I try not to discount anything based on its level on the "Bizarre Scale"!

But it's no more bizarre than someone dreaming about the death of a loved one shortly before it happens.  I remember a short clip I watched years ago of some woman who dreamed of her partner, with whom she happily lived.

She dreamed that his deceased parents came to their home and picked him up and as the three of them drove away, he was sitting in the back of their pickup.  She did not understand the dream until he died shortly thereafter.  His deceased parents came to usher him to his new existence, and it was all symbolically portrayed in the dream. 

So I suppose there are untold ways we can discover these things, that is, if we are willing to open our hearts and minds to the spiritual world.

Thanks for the feedback.
That is a sad but a beautiful story...

Yowbarb

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 08:18:29 PM »
I think I heard a banshee a few weeks ago, hope I am wrong...
I know it's going to sound nuts but I have heard it a few times in my life..
(Cannot say for sure what the phenomenon is, but what i hear is halfway in my mind, half audible and it had happened  before someone has passed...) I have also pushed back  against that energy and said a prayer... There is no predestination.
I do believe there are spirits who try to warn, help; some may be mischievous of course, or not helpful.

R.R. Book

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 04:26:49 AM »
I remember when Disney came out with a movie about the banshee when I was young, and it about scared me to death.  It was set in Ireland, but I can't remember the name of it off hand...

ilinda

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 01:43:10 PM »
I remember when Disney came out with a movie about the banshee when I was young, and it about scared me to death.  It was set in Ireland, but I can't remember the name of it off hand...
Back in the '70's when we first camped on our now-homestead, we were in our one-room shack with no lights, no running water, and it was pitch black out on a warm spring night, about midnight, when hubby stepped outside, and seconds later, we both heard the most god-awful, scariest scream (think Banshee) that was gutteral and throaty and totally scary, as if from a sci-fi movie.  He nearly tore the door off its hinges getting back inside.  We figured it had to be a female mountain lion, as they are looking for mates in the spring, and his scent was probably close enough...  so she let him know she was available.... 

Years later in St. Louis Zoo, the sound of one of their jaguar's was close to, or identical to that howl/scream we heard, so we're fairly certain we had heard a mountain lion.

R.R. Book

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2020, 05:49:52 PM »
 :)

Ilinda, please consider writing a book about your early years on the farm.  It would be such a gift.  You could even start a thread and organize your thoughts that way, and many of us would be delighted to read it.

I think there may also be a book in Barb waiting to get out, about her adventures with her children living in the Pacific Northwest, etc.

Yowbarb

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2020, 05:55:13 PM »

I had not heard of this, will try to find it... thanks...

Yowbarb

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2020, 05:56:18 PM »
Back in the '70's when we first camped on our now-homestead, we were in our one-room shack with no lights, no running water, and it was pitch black out on a warm spring night, about midnight, when hubby stepped outside, and seconds later, we both heard the most god-awful, scariest scream (think Banshee) that was gutteral and throaty and totally scary, as if from a sci-fi movie.  He nearly tore the door off its hinges getting back inside.  We figured it had to be a female mountain lion, as they are looking for mates in the spring, and his scent was probably close enough...  so she let him know she was available.... 

Years later in St. Louis Zoo, the sound of one of their jaguar's was close to, or identical to that howl/scream we heard, so we're fairly certain we had heard a mountain lion.

Yes! time to jot down those stories, wow! :)

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW