Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: A Look Into Our Future  (Read 13024 times)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: A Look Into Our Future
« Reply #135 on: July 19, 2018, 08:25:36 PM »
About 5 or so years ago I recall reading a warning to anyone buying toothpaste, that the fluoride levels in toothpastes sold in the "Dollar-type Stores" contain about 10X as much fluoride as that in toothpastes sold elsewhere.

Makes one wonder what else is hiding in their merchandise?  I do occasionally go there, but never for food or anything that is ingested.  Wonder how concentrated the toxins in their dish and laundry detergents are, compared to the "regular level of toxins"!

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2018, 04:47:47 AM »
Good question.  We like anise toothpaste in this house, w/o the fluoride.

What do you like to use for dish and laundry soap?

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: A Look Into Our Future: More current U.S. economic trends
« Reply #137 on: July 23, 2018, 07:42:55 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLQSbWxBgbA

You cannot talk about the U.S. as if it's one country any more.  The 52 (sic) states are very different.  You can have a booming state and a lagging state.  This is another theme that's very new on the table right now.

We can no longer look at national statistics to discern local trends.  We need to examine stats for our area specifically.

Discussion continues, centering upon the importance of Cannabis in moving the U.S. economy forward.

Canada is now the first G-6 country to legalize Cannabis, opening the way to legalize medical research that was prohibited in the past. 

Canada and the Netherlands are the only two countries that can legally export medical Cannabis.  An American physician in many locations now can write a prescription for it, but pharmacies do not stock it in pharmaceutical-grade.

Thirty states plus the District of Colombia have authorized medical use of Cannabis, and eight states have legalized it for recreational use.  Several more are about to pass similar legislation.  Money that would have poured into supporting organized crime will now be funneled toward tax revenues.  The DEA is the only entity against this trend, as it will negatively impact their "War on Drugs" budget.

In the U.S. Congress, the Democrats have sponsored bi-partisan legislation legalizing Cannabis on the federal level, which is probably 3-5 years away from ratification.  Meanwhile, states that have already legalized the crop are hastening to put measures in place to block federal agencies from interfering with their 10th Amendment rights.

Previous illegalization of Cannabis in Canada had set the current new industry back considerably, as knowledge of state-of-the-art horticulture practices was forbidden, indoor hydroponics in particular.  One modern efficient technique that the Canadians are learning is growing Cannabis under lower lighting with less energy output, leading to shorter plants which don't waste energy on roots and stalks.  Vertical space can also be used. 

Current Canadian Cannabis grower goals are to increase efficiency to the point of yielding six harvests per year, while keeping the industry in the hands of smaller-scale farmers in a niche market that focuses more upon quality than mass-production.  Medical applications will take first priority over recreational ones.

Very soon, CBD will be considered a nutraceutical product, and will be included in a lot of daily supplements.  Products containing the stronger THC cannabinoid will likely continue to be regulated in a similar manner to alcohol.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 11:15:23 AM by R.R. Book »

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #138 on: July 23, 2018, 04:48:19 PM »
Good question.  We like anise toothpaste in this house, w/o the fluoride.

What do you like to use for dish and laundry soap?
For laundry detergent/soap, I use what I make and there are only three ingredients:  grated lye soap bars, washing soda, and borax.  It does suds, maybe not as much as some toxic detergents, but it works.    If I ever find it impossible to obtain washing soda and/or borax, I can just grate lye soap bars very finely, and it will work.  I even use my handmade lye soap on my hair.  It cleans but does not make it "squeaky" like the store-bought soaps do.  I'm fine with that.

Dish soap is still an experiment.  Hubby buys the toxic Ivory liquid or whatever, just because we need something, but am/are still looking.  What do you use for the dish and laundry cleaning?

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #139 on: July 23, 2018, 05:08:49 PM »
I'm not as far along as you with DIY methods.  I like a very few drops of dye & fragrance-free laundry soap with a little white vinegar. 

For dishes, a few drops of a dye & fragrance-free liquid soap plus a few drops of alcohol.

How much of the grated soap bars do you use for each application?  Any special kind of lye soap bars, or do you make your own?

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #140 on: July 24, 2018, 11:39:51 AM »
First I make our own bar soap, and have been since the early 1990's.  It is a basic "lye soap" recipe, and I make it "plain" or with goat milk for the goat milk soap fans.

The basic lye soap has only three ingredients:  organic Nutiva coconut oil, water, lye crystals.  If am making goat milk soap, I just substitute goat milk for the water, with all else the same.

Now to make detergent, I found a recipe somewhere that I've followed (somewhat), and I have it written on the detergent container:
4.5 ounce bar of hand soap, grated finely
1 c. washing soda
1 c. borax powder
Mix well.  Ready to use.  I just use a scoop of whatever size scoop I have handy, depending on how large the load.  And as mentioned before, if I ever cannot get washing soda and/or borax, can just use grated bar soap, as it sudses very well as a bar, and thus would do the same if in granules.  I confess to not weighing the bar of soap, so some batches may be more sudsy, and others less so.  But it works and is very planet friendly.

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #141 on: July 24, 2018, 01:07:57 PM »
Thanks so much for sharing this - I have a feeling it will be a post that will be referred back to often!  :)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #142 on: July 25, 2018, 02:16:31 PM »
One day, if I haven't already, will post my soapmaking recipe.  It's so easy.   However it assumes one has access to store-bought drain cleaner, one that is 100% lye or potassium hydroxide.  It's available from Amazon, so I buy from there as it comes sealed in a thin plastic wrap that is factory sealed (around the actual container).

But if someday you cannot find lye anywhere, you can run water through wood ashes, several times, to yield a fairly good lye substitute.  There are probably youtube videos on how to do this, but it's worth mentioning.  I've done this, and although it's more labor intensive, you do end up with an alkaline solution that can be used as lye for making soap.  This is how the pioneers made soap several hundred years ago.  We must not forget these things....

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #143 on: July 25, 2018, 03:58:29 PM »
Please do post it Ilinda.  I've only made soap with Amish neighbors, and done it more to pass the time and socialize.  It does seem to take a long time to set using their recipe.

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #144 on: August 21, 2018, 03:04:17 PM »
Russian robot army - Just unveiled in the U.K. press today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbz8ggdG8fg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqZSCyAUEyM

Each robot driven by a soldier weighs 4.5 tons.

Referred by: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTkkhxTGzxA
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 06:08:22 AM by R.R. Book »

MadMax

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2018, 04:03:41 AM »
Killer robots poised for 'MASS PRODUCTION' as campaigners urge AI to be made ILLEGAL
  :o

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/724691/robots-artificial-intelligence-killer-war-planes-guns

Campaigners are desperate to stop the production of AI-powered guns, planes, ships and tanks without human control.

A group of 26 countries have teamed up to call for a ban on fully autonomous weapons, joining thousands of scientists and AI experts.

A fresh report from Campaign to Ban Killer Robots says fully autonomous weapons would violate Martens Clause, reports The Guardian, an international humanitarian law.

Bonnie Docherty, senior arms researcher at Human Rights Watch, said: "Permitting the development and use of killer robots would undermine established moral and legal standards.
It comes after Daily Star Online revealed that conscious killer robots are poised to "bide their time" to "enslave" the human race, an expert claims.

Subhash Kak – a Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Oklahoma University – told us: "If indeed machines become self-aware, they will be cunning and they will bide their time and choose the best moment to take over and enslave, if not kill, us."

Kak added: "If you believe that machines will become 'conscious' like us, then the possibility that such machines will kill off humans cannot be ruled out.
Max.
"Ignorance is Bliss" - (Agent Smith the first Matrix Movie)

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2018, 06:03:19 AM »
The thing that seems inevitable to me is the eventual use of these monsters on civilians in their own country.  Once a fortune (of money printed out of thin air) is spent on building these killer bots, there will be an overwhelming temptation to employ them in some manner in order to justify the expense of building, housing and maintaining them, as well as to hone the operating skills of those controlling them.

We may not see them come stomping down a country lane any time soon, but I wouldn't want to be living in a city that is policed by one of those, or a whole fleet of them.

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #147 on: September 12, 2018, 05:56:31 PM »
Here's an encouraging post about a municipality in California rejecting 5G:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TXU_lig9JM

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #148 on: September 12, 2018, 09:51:19 PM »
Wonderful news!

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: A Look Into Our Future: the killer robots win in the U.N.
« Reply #149 on: September 15, 2018, 09:54:18 AM »
Follow-up to Max's post # 145 above:

A group of 26 countries have teamed up to call for a ban on fully autonomous weapons, joining thousands of scientists and AI experts.

A fresh report from Campaign to Ban Killer Robots says fully autonomous weapons would violate Martens Clause, reports The Guardian, an international humanitarian law.

Bonnie Docherty, senior arms researcher at Human Rights Watch, said: "Permitting the development and use of killer robots would undermine established moral and legal standards.

The campaign to ban killer robots has failed in the United Nations after a move by the U.S. and Russia to block passage of a resolution, in spite of clearly stated objections to the killer bots by a majority of nations.  This means that we will be seeing them, at least on the battle fields, if not on the streets. 

Israel also possesses killer robots.

The concern has now shifted from "whether" they will be permitted to "how much" autonomy the bots will have.

Remember complaints by some in the U.S. when the film Avatar was released in 2009, with the killer robots driven by military personnel with American accents?  And yet what is being planned is even scarier: the bots in real life will be permitted to make their own decisions, if Washington's persuasive rhetoric wins over the U.N.

https://www.apnews.com/6d55ee85a9e74a26a4f8a92ca052d5b3/Group:-US,-Russia-block-consensus-at-%27killer-robots%27-meeting

Referred by: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwoW-jlrrmE
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 10:18:54 AM by R.R. Book »

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY SMART AND DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME

This book needs to be on your survival checklist because it offers a simple path for visioning, leading, and supervising the creation of an effective survival communications strategy.

Learn more...