Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Positive News  (Read 84900 times)

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Positive News
« Reply #840 on: March 30, 2019, 10:56:47 AM »
Here's a free on-line survival film in 4 parts from 2010 called Happy People: A Year in the Taiga.  Each part/season of the year is a little less than an hour long:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbhPIK-oBvA (Part I: Spring)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIdHG9zyrtE (Part II: Summer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnAF_amhups  (Part III: Autumn)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjCs8qi3R0U  (Part IV: Winter)

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #841 on: April 01, 2019, 04:03:19 AM »
Much appreciation to WSO and Marfoogle News for helping to set a positive tone in the Truth Community, by establishing a firm rule on their channels of not permitting slander of other members of the Community. 

That tone-setting reflects a natural gift for leadership that will be much needed in the world that we hope to help build together.

Matt Rogers of Sky Watchers, Michael of Evolutionary Energy Arts, Dave Dobbs of Planet X Hunter, and Steve Shaman of Sky Watch Media News, among others, have also set positive tones, even when the news itself has been dire.  In avoiding tearing others down, these leaders have built their own credibility by focusing entirely upon their work, allowing others to take them seriously.

Many kudos to our positive community leadership!

« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 04:26:43 AM by R.R. Book »

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #842 on: April 01, 2019, 02:48:14 PM »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #843 on: April 02, 2019, 09:38:02 PM »
 ;D

MadMax

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #844 on: April 06, 2019, 05:37:40 PM »
  ??? ::)
"Ignorance is Bliss" - (Agent Smith the first Matrix Movie)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #845 on: April 07, 2019, 11:56:26 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2019/04/07/710861494/american-woman-and-her-driver-freed-from-kidnappers-ugandan-police-say

AFRICA
American Woman And Her Driver Freed From Kidnappers, Ugandan Police Say

April 7, 20195:26 PM ET
Francesca Paris

Ugandan police announced on Sunday that they have rescued an American woman and her driver after the two were kidnapped last week while on safari.

The Uganda Police Force said on Twitter that it had worked with security agencies to rescue the 35-year-old California woman and her Ugandan tour guide. Both are in "good health," according to police.

The Ugandan government and U.S. media outlets have identified the woman as Kimberly Sue Endicott. The Ugandan government identified the driver as Jean Paul Mirenge.

Four men allegedly abducted the pair from their vehicle at gunpoint last Tuesday during an evening game drive at Queen Elizabeth National Park in southwestern Uganda and demanded $500,000 in ransom, police said. Four other tourists were left "abandoned and unharmed," according to the Uganda Media Centre, the government's communications center.

Police did not offer further details about how the two were freed, and it's not clear if a ransom was paid. Citing the safari company with which they were traveling, The New York Times reported on Sunday that a ransom had in fact been paid.

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #846 on: April 13, 2019, 09:02:37 AM »

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #847 on: April 13, 2019, 10:31:27 AM »

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #848 on: April 16, 2019, 02:23:07 PM »
If you liked watching Dick Proennecke build his cabin in Alaska on the PBS special Alone in the Wilderness,  you might also enjoy watching this skilled escapee from the city build his homestead over a two-year period in Canada, complete with overhead scenery as the seasons change:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxM9FYSs8V4 (91 minutes)

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #849 on: April 16, 2019, 07:15:58 PM »
Very industrious guy!  How did you like that copper sink he made!  Wow.

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #850 on: April 17, 2019, 04:26:54 AM »
It almost made me feel that I could build a cabin too if I had significant help doing it (i.e. mostly someone else's brains, muscles and skills!)... :)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #851 on: April 17, 2019, 09:21:47 AM »
If you liked watching Dick Proennecke build his cabin in Alaska on the PBS special Alone in the Wilderness,  you might also enjoy watching this skilled escapee from the city build his homestead over a two-year period in Canada, complete with overhead scenery as the seasons change:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxM9FYSs8V4 (91 minutes)

R.R. I'm going to view this, thks!
A few weeks ago, my son and I watched some of his cabin-building videos, wow great stuff!

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #852 on: April 17, 2019, 07:20:02 PM »
It almost made me feel that I could build a cabin too if I had significant help doing it (i.e. mostly someone else's brains, muscles and skills!)... :)
Same here.  In fact, I do notice I don't have the same upper body strength I had 30 or 40 years ago!  LOL  Heck, I didn't have much then, so you can imagine it now.

And I'm not knocking the guy in the video, but I did notice what appeared to be grade lumber, such as 2X8's or 2X10's, or something similar.  Now, it's possible he did all that with his hand tools, but I think some of that stuff came from a lumber yard.  That's OK, because the guy really did some really hard work, and deserves credit.  Lots of credit.  He is showing how a person can indeed build a comfy cabin, all by himself.

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #853 on: April 18, 2019, 03:56:53 AM »
I admit that I couldn't help comparing his work with that of Dick Proenneke, who made just about everything from scratch on-site, except for iron/steel tool heads (which he made the handles for himself), metal cookware, books, and a few grocery and clothing supplies that were occasionally dropped to him by helicopter. 

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #854 on: April 18, 2019, 11:34:40 AM »
I admit that I couldn't help comparing his work with that of Dick Proenneke, who made just about everything from scratch on-site, except for iron/steel tool heads (which he made the handles for himself), metal cookware, books, and a few grocery and clothing supplies that were occasionally dropped to him by helicopter. 

Ahhh, yes.  Both guys are amazing.

Dick Proenneke, though, has shown that even with a presumably small set of tools, one could create a shelter and make it comfortable, while relying very little on the outside world.   I need to watch his video(s)....

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW