Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Positive News  (Read 64631 times)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Positive News
« Reply #855 on: April 16, 2019, 07:15:58 PM »
Very industrious guy!  How did you like that copper sink he made!  Wow.

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #856 on: April 17, 2019, 04:26:54 AM »
It almost made me feel that I could build a cabin too if I had significant help doing it (i.e. mostly someone else's brains, muscles and skills!)... :)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #857 on: April 17, 2019, 09:21:47 AM »
If you liked watching Dick Proennecke build his cabin in Alaska on the PBS special Alone in the Wilderness,  you might also enjoy watching this skilled escapee from the city build his homestead over a two-year period in Canada, complete with overhead scenery as the seasons change:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxM9FYSs8V4 (91 minutes)

R.R. I'm going to view this, thks!
A few weeks ago, my son and I watched some of his cabin-building videos, wow great stuff!

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #858 on: April 17, 2019, 07:20:02 PM »
It almost made me feel that I could build a cabin too if I had significant help doing it (i.e. mostly someone else's brains, muscles and skills!)... :)
Same here.  In fact, I do notice I don't have the same upper body strength I had 30 or 40 years ago!  LOL  Heck, I didn't have much then, so you can imagine it now.

And I'm not knocking the guy in the video, but I did notice what appeared to be grade lumber, such as 2X8's or 2X10's, or something similar.  Now, it's possible he did all that with his hand tools, but I think some of that stuff came from a lumber yard.  That's OK, because the guy really did some really hard work, and deserves credit.  Lots of credit.  He is showing how a person can indeed build a comfy cabin, all by himself.

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #859 on: April 18, 2019, 03:56:53 AM »
I admit that I couldn't help comparing his work with that of Dick Proenneke, who made just about everything from scratch on-site, except for iron/steel tool heads (which he made the handles for himself), metal cookware, books, and a few grocery and clothing supplies that were occasionally dropped to him by helicopter. 

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #860 on: April 18, 2019, 11:34:40 AM »
I admit that I couldn't help comparing his work with that of Dick Proenneke, who made just about everything from scratch on-site, except for iron/steel tool heads (which he made the handles for himself), metal cookware, books, and a few grocery and clothing supplies that were occasionally dropped to him by helicopter. 

Ahhh, yes.  Both guys are amazing.

Dick Proenneke, though, has shown that even with a presumably small set of tools, one could create a shelter and make it comfortable, while relying very little on the outside world.   I need to watch his video(s)....

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #861 on: April 19, 2019, 10:54:47 AM »
A very blessed Passover and Good Friday!

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW